SITE REVIEW: self-storage rental property

• illiniguy
  • illiniguy

Post 3+ Months Ago

Please take a look at my site. I have horrible design skills and I'm color blind, so I'm using a free template and haven't done much with the colors. My favicon is supposed to look like those wonderful orange doors on storage units.

I'm also interested in additional features that a site like this might have. I'm thinking about allowing tenants to sign up for email notifications when their rent is due and also perhaps an online payment system. We already take credit card payments in the office, but I don't know what it would cost to do it online. Any recommendations regarding this would also be appreciated.

Thanks.

http://www.westmainstorage.com
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• moramata
  • moramata

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nice simple layout.
Good navigation.
Put a contact form instead of email link that opens users' pop clients.
Putting some pricing information will be a better approach. Let the customers know what they will pay for your storage location.
  • kc0tma
  • o|||||||o
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Trout Creek, MT

Post 3+ Months Ago

First, EXCELLENT use of google maps. That is exactly what they are for, very very good.

A good addition might be a diagram of the layout of the buildings at each site. That way if the customer wanted a large unit and a small unit, they could see the distance between the two and better decide on which ones to rent.
  • zhaira
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • zhaira

Post 3+ Months Ago

You have a nice and great design. Good work!
  • provenseoservices
  • provenseoservices

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi IlliniGuy.

I liked your site...it was nice and clean and had a family-owned feel. SEO is my thing, and I have a few suggestions for the content on your first page. Combine your first and second sentences... so it reads

"Welcome to (your company's name) located in Decatur, Illinois. Family-owned and operated for over a decade, (your company's name) is a company you can rely on."

Throughout your content I'd get rid of "we" and replace it with your company's name. It's usually better to use a specific keyword in place of a vague word like we, us, it, this, that, etc.

The title could use more keywords...that would hep your rank. Maybe a little descriptor like "secure, dry, and clean storage" something like that....or "storage units in Decatur, IL"...

The navigation path could also be optimized...

I'm at info@provenseoservices.com if you need suggestions.

On the Units page, why not show a picture of the inside of a unit.

Other suggestions...contact form instead of email pop up.

Why not offer coupons...regularly changing to keep people visiting.

Sites looks great though! Great job.

Christina
ProvenSEOServices.com

illiniguy wrote:
Please take a look at my site. I have horrible design skills and I'm color blind, so I'm using a free template and haven't done much with the colors. My favicon is supposed to look like those wonderful orange doors on storage units.

I'm also interested in additional features that a site like this might have. I'm thinking about allowing tenants to sign up for email notifications when their rent is due and also perhaps an online payment system. We already take credit card payments in the office, but I don't know what it would cost to do it online. Any recommendations regarding this would also be appreciated.

Thanks.

http://www.westmainstorage.com
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Great site. Nice clean layout.
  • tommyauvergne
  • Loc: France

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi,

Great site. Straight to the point, easy on the eye and looks professional.
The only points I'd make are -

On the index page I think it needs a logo of some sort. Maybe a logo on the left of the blue header and the address on the right?
We know it's a family owned business but a logo always gives a serious business impression.

On the units page, in IE7 it shows a faded grey line around your table, although in FF it shows a black line. Not sure if it really affects the audience, just to make you aware.

Nice site.
  • akilm54
  • Born
  • Born
  • akilm54

Post 3+ Months Ago

first hi All,
good nice design i think its wordpress if yes its default theme. i found a free word press theme site here is the link this site has some nice themes

thanks
  • illiniguy
  • illiniguy

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks to everyone for you input. Christina, I have incorporated (or will incorporate) most of your suggestions. I'm working on the contact form.

This site is a great resource.
  • twalters84
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • twalters84
  • Loc: Mount Savage, MD

Post 3+ Months Ago

Greetings,

My name is Travis Walters and I am a web programmer.

The first impression of your website is that it has a really nice layout. It is simple and clean.

One thing I noticed is the Home link redirects the user to index.asp. I would change this link to "http://www.westmainstorage.com". This makes the PR higher for your domain, which effects search engine rankings.

In addition, if you want high rankings, you should probably add some keywords to a meta tag. While not all search engines require this, it does not hurt having it.

Overall though, your website looks really great. Keep up the good work.

Sincerely,
Travis Walters
admin@codebuyers.com

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 10 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers