SITE REVIEW: Semitekie.com

• this213
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: ./

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yeah, don't ask where the name comes from, I've had it ever since we were updating the central DNS file manually

It's a phpBB site focused on Linux related topics including advocacy, development and general help. I never really had time to push the site hence the low traffic (which is fine by me at the moment), but I'll be giving it more time now, using it mainly to post articles that I'll need to write anyway.

Aside from the general theme, I've written PHP syntax highlighting (much like Ozzu has) and I'm working on syntax highlighting for other languages (which is harder because you can't just use PHP's highlight_string() function).

I'm basically wanting forum topic ideas from both Linux users and those 2 Windows users who are interested in learning more about Linux. The question is this: If you were a Windows user faced with a completely new operating system, what's the first thing you would look for?

Here's the link: http://www.semitekie.com
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• xoog
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • xoog

Post 3+ Months Ago

ive been doing quite a bit of searching on the net for basic linux commands so I can communicate with my server via. SSH, im not sure exactly how/where you could fit that in but I think it answers your question
  • flavian
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • flavian

Post 3+ Months Ago

nice colour scheme, though id prefer a solid background rather than a pattern - prob just give a classier approach...
  • this213
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

xoog wrote:
ive been doing quite a bit of searching on the net for basic linux commands so I can communicate with my server via. SSH, im not sure exactly how/where you could fit that in but I think it answers your question

Thank you, this is exactly the sort of thing I was asking for.

See here and let me know if this is what you meant.
  • lite_ws
  • lite_ws

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi,

i don't really like the background, and maybe you sould change the border table size not 2or 3 pixel but just 1.
the green color also for the border is not really good.
anyway the idea is good, there not so many forum specialized in Linux.

good luck.
where does your domain name come from?

---------------------------------------------------
submit for free your tutorial
http://www.Smartcoyote.com
  • this213
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

Just to clarify: I do realize that everyone has their own ideas of what a web site should and shouldn't look like. I'm not interested in layout ideas or what you might make the site look like if it were yours. To quote myself:
I wrote:
I'm basically wanting forum topic ideas from both Linux users and those 2 Windows users who are interested in learning more about Linux. The question is this: If you were a Windows user faced with a completely new operating system, what's the first thing you would look for?

I don't mean to sound rude or anything, but I won't be changing the layout of this site at all while it runs phpBB (so, for the next 4 months or so). The reason for this is that I'm writing a CMS that will be replacing it anyway.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 6 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers