SITE REVIEW: SEO Bugz

• BunnyFace
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • BunnyFace

Post 3+ Months Ago

I am doing a SEO test site, SEO Bugz. The ideea came from free version of silktide score, but they are no longer free, so I am doing something, more simple but FREE.

I want the site to be useful, I know I still have other stuff to add, but I want your opinion on what to modify, to add, to remove maybe ... to fix. If the site is good etc.

http://www.seobugz.com

Waiting your reply here on the forum, or contact me on the site so I can keep track of the feedback. Thank you.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• celandine
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Belgrade, Serbia

Post 3+ Months Ago

It's a brilliant idea, first of all. And I like the layout, which though it will not win any originality awards is really clean, neat and pretty.

but here's a question - I just ran my site through the bugz checker and it tells me I haven't got any meta tags for description/ keywords. and I do. and they are closed properly and everything. so what's that about?

also maybe you can explain some things a little better - for instance, I don't quite understand what

'Recommanded density for your targeted keyword should be between 2.5% and 6%'
means. This may be because I'm a beginner, but presumably you want to cater to beginners, as pros will have their SEO perfect by now :)

Also watch the spelling errors - it's 'recommended', not 'recommanded'.

Otherwise I really think it's a fantastic idea - I'll keep an eye on this one.....
  • Fabinator
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Fabinator

Post 3+ Months Ago

Vey very nice idea, I did a quick check on my own site.
The lay-out is nice and clean, the site works really well.
Good work!
  • spork
  • Brewmaster
  • Silver Member
  • Loc: Seattle, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Wow.

Clean design. Good color scheme. Neat layout. And most of all, an excellent concept.

I really liked the search engine view and keyword density features. I'll most likely check this site out again in the future.
  • jameson5555
  • Bronze Robot
  • Bronze Member
  • Loc: Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nice job! I like the design and it seems to work well. I did find a grammar error, though:
Quote:
Check your website for any SEO mistakes. My tool will automaticaly analyze and show you a brief report of any SEO techniques that you may forgot or not know about.

It should be "may have forgotten"
  • BunnyFace
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • BunnyFace

Post 3+ Months Ago

I will fix everything this weekend. This is a project that I do it in my free time.

What site did you test celandine ? I am sure I still have bugz, but I will fix them and have more ideeas to improve.

I still waiting for more critics :)
  • Boke
  • Student
  • Student
  • Boke
  • Loc: Hiroshima, Japan

Post 3+ Months Ago

I liked it and tested on my own site, found some bugz
  • BunnyFace
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • BunnyFace

Post 3+ Months Ago

please send your bugs using the contact page so I can fix them, thanks
  • zhaira
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • zhaira

Post 3+ Months Ago

You have a very nice site and it is a great idea to have this kind of site about SEO. But you need to increase the font size as to seen by the readers.
  • celandine
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Belgrade, Serbia

Post 3+ Months Ago

I tested http://www.celandinewebdesign.com

did confuse me, the thing about the meta tags - if you read my html you'll see I have both......
  • JasonStanley
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • JasonStanley
  • Loc: London, England

Post 3+ Months Ago

My homepage lead to an SQL error, perhaps its because its using Drupal... i don't know.You might want to check this out. URL, http://www.jasonstanley.co.uk

Anyway, the site is very nice and generates some very interesting information. I will be using this in the future.
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius
  • Loc: South-Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

Very cool, Valid XHTML 1.1 ... good job ... I love the colour scheme ... it's soothing and makes it easier to look at ...

I just ran my site ( http://www.ohdesignx.com ) through your bug finder and got the following error ...
    You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'Kwa Madwala Flying Safaris'', internallinks='4', externallinks='3', name='' at line 3

I do not use SQL in any of my sites, so that's pretty impossible ... this made me a little negative about your site ...

then there's a list on your "home" page which contains a list of "recent bugz" ...
seobugz.com wrote:
-
-Serrurerie Serrurier Paris
-
-Jason Stanley Freelance Design Home
-EMAG Ro Furnizorul Solutiilor Complete
-PCMixer Ro Magazin Online De
-Index Web Romania Directorul Gratuit
-Amenajari Interioare Mobila Design Interior
-InfoAries Ro
-ExTreaM RO

why are there two empty ones there?

lol ... just a sidenote, I saw the results for OZZU and one of the keywords is "atno" ... hehe!
  • JasonStanley
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • JasonStanley
  • Loc: London, England

Post 3+ Months Ago

The 2 empty ones I believe are the result of the SQL error. One is jasonstanley.co.uk as that appeared immediately after i checked my site. The second empty one is probably your site.

The SQL error is on his end not yours.
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

ALMOST validates... let me explain... some pages validate... and some don't

Probably should fix that :lol:

I tested ozzu.com... some mistakes haha

Good idea, I like it... keep up the good job and work...

nice color scheme so I have nothing against that but the change in background on link on hovers... AUGH! In my opinion that is not what I would like... don't like it...

I sometimes get...

Quote:
You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'Kwa Madwala Flying Safaris'', internallinks='4', externallinks='3', name='' at line 3
  • cgwhat
  • cgwhat

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nice job Good color scheme
  • BunnyFace
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • BunnyFace

Post 3+ Months Ago

I repaired that SQL error finaly :) Was not hard, but I really hate using addslashes().

Bogey, you say that there are some mistakes in the seo bugz report for ozzu ? (fixed the SQL)

ohdesignx.com - report works too righteous_trespasser

celandine, I fixed the bug and your site meta shows ok on the report now.

I will implement soon the ALT images and more details on links, and need some array for Header tags. Also some more analysis of SE View.
But after Christmas, I have a web programming competition untill then.

Looking forward to hear more from you.
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius
  • Loc: South-Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

It works, and I know it's accurate because I know of those missing things ... Awesome!
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

BunnyFace wrote:
Bogey, you say that there are some mistakes in the seo bugz report for ozzu ?

No, I meant that OZZU had some SEO bugs... mistakes... whatever... Your site is a good idea...
  • UVBoy
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: London, Ontario, Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think insects are cool, so you score points with me right away.

I like the concept and general layout as most other entries have stated. From a graphic design standpoint I'm not crazy about your logo. I don't like how the tag line overlaps the lower half the "g".

If I were you I would change the tag line to read "remove website bugs" which looks like it would fit nicely under the "SEO Bug" of your logo. In fact the tag line would then tuck nicely into the lower portion of the "g" for a nice effect. It would make the whole logo (SEO Bugs + Tagline) look more like a cohesive mark rather than an assortment of text.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 19 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers