SITE REVIEW: seo by ionisis

• Vector
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ok, i was trying to take the design and change it to go in a new and more ergonomic direction, but i feel that i have failed. I love the menu, but the rest of the page doesn’t really seem to flow with it, and so i just wanted to know what others think. The design is based off of the main website’s design direction:

http://seo.ionisis.com

Thanx!
  • wumod
  • Born
  • Born
  • wumod

Post 3+ Months Ago

well, i would say take the design and change may be not easy ,but necessary and useful.
"change we need" uh
  • udunglive
  • Loc: Indonesia

Post 3+ Months Ago

i think its too "clean" you can put minimalis image to make more interest...
  • Vector
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ha, it almost has that 'hospital' feel to it, eh ;).
  • udunglive
  • Loc: Indonesia

Post 3+ Months Ago

noo is not like that, but you should put something that cacth visitor eyes, make more clear what you want to offers to your visitor and visitor will come back again to visit your site or add your url into their bookmarks...
  • tastysite
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Brighouse, West Yorkshire, England

Post 3+ Months Ago

In webkit browsers the search box and search button are round but in all there rest they are square (I like the square ones best).

I think that the bar could be a bit bigger I didn't notice it at first because it dose not move it looks like it could be a toolbar on your browser and noting to do with the site. However the fact it does not move makes it easy to get at even if you are at the bottom of the page. I like the design overall though.
  • Vector
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

You know, i noticed that same issue with the rounded corners in Chrome. I think it is because they are not applying the CSS rules correctly. By design, ID has a higher authority than class, which has a higher authority than element. All of my form elements are styled with rounded corners; however the search box's id is styled without rounded corners. For some reason, Chrome (and evidently safari) are not respecting the rules of CSS........
  • mindfullsilence
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

the border-radius issue is evident because the other browsers are giving the id prevelance over the tag "input". Chrome and safari are rendering how they are supposed to because the "input" element comes after the id of the search box, therefore cascading elegantly. The others are giving the id more prevelence regardless of the cascade, and rendering incorrectly.

The design is nice, but the fact that all the text containers are unstyled in regard to layout, it looks like a written essay rather than a website. Try working with the content, seperating it a bit more with defined containers. Perhaps try a 2 or 3 column layout. This will help you to establish a visual hierarchy of the content from most important to least important.
  • Vector
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

mindfullsilence wrote:
The others are giving the id more prevelence regardless of the cascade, and rendering incorrectly.

That is completely backwards. The w3 specs can verify that ;). It goes like this:

Parent Definition{
inheritited by child, unless attribute is overriden
}

Documment Element{
inherited by all of its kind, unless overriden
class definition{
. same rules, overrides element
. . ID definition{
. . . same rules, overrides class
. . }
}
}

I could go on all day; check w3's website ;)
  • Vector
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

Alright, i changed the design almost completely. I think that it looks much better now: http://uams.ionisis.com
  • ArtphotoasiA
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Italy

Post 3+ Months Ago

Need more graphic.... too clean.... beside that youtube video is quite useless as can't understand what is going on.
  • Vector
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ha, i think that i've finally got a good design, and to make things better, i have my entire portfolio up now. What do you guys think:
http://design.ionisis.com/?a=SELF_Portfolio

Thanx
  • ArtphotoasiA
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Italy

Post 3+ Months Ago

look better... sure
  • ljianyih
  • Born
  • Born
  • ljianyih

Post 3+ Months Ago

Your website looks great, you seems to work hard on it based on the feedback from others. I'm not sure is it my computer problem, but the scrolling seems to be a little laggy.
  • rlopes

Post 3+ Months Ago

I don't wanna be a *, but your site seems too playful, juvenile (sorry for my English I'm not sure if I'm using the right words here). It passes wrong message to the visitors.

IMO, on this kind of website, where you are offering paid services to people you don't know, you should avoid dark BGs, contrast in excess or anything that doesn't resemble a traditional business.

This style looks great for that band website you've done, for example, but not for a B2C one like this.
  • Vector
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have been listening, and averaging out people's opinions, and weighing them. Also, yeah, the scrolling really is laggy. That is because i'm using the moz-box-shadow effect, against a fixed background. It's much faster if i let the background scroll, but that also screws up the gradient....

I was afraid of using the dark layout too, but it seemed that with everyone that i asked, even business owners that i know, they all seemed to like the one i'm using, instead of the light version (which you can see in the second image down, on the left.
  • mindfullsilence
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm not sure of what the purpose is to having a link in your navigation bar for "Compact Design" and "Full sized design". Seems as though all they do is toggle the header. What's the purpose?

Also, the header images have no consistent layout and some are hard to read because of the image behind the text (like the database image). I'd suggest recreating them to be more consistent in layout (I like the layout of the one stating "We handle website design, for any kind of website").

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 17 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers