SITE REVIEW: seo-link-directory.com

• pitbull82
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Poland, Czestochowa

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello

I would like you to review fresh seo link directory - http://seo-link-directory.com.

This is a custom-written directory - it uses friendly URLs - you can fully customize metatags. All entries in English please.

Moreover, you may use country targeting - you can add descriptions and metatags to country you want to target - for example Spain, Germany and so on - then you use appropriate language - Spanish, German and so on.

The most important thing is that directory is optimized so all the entries have much higher value that entries from many other directories.

In the bottom of each category / entry there's statistic of crawlers visits.

Please review this directory, tell what you think about organization. If anything with English language is wrong, also please let me know about it.

Also if you have any suggestions about what could be also added to make directory more interesting and valuable don't hesitate to mention it.

I'm waiting for all your reviews
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• ufosecret
  • Born
  • Born
  • ufosecret

Post 3+ Months Ago

its ok, its a bit overwhelming for the user though cause there's just so many things to look at or click
  • jumar112
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • jumar112
  • Loc: Ohio, USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like the latest link area with information on the site that was added.

I did not realize that the Categories (Arts, Blogs, etc) were links that I could click on until my mouse went over it. Maybe let it change another color when you hover over, or underlined.

when I typed keywords into the search box, it was hard to read with the background and the text color.

It does have a good layout.
  • calvi36
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • calvi36
  • Loc: Glasgow, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi there pitbull,

I am by no means an expert at all. When I opened the site the first thing that struck me was the colour scheme, I found it quite garish and off putting. The other thing I noticed was the very bottom set of links on your page are written in a foreign language where as the rest of the site is in English.

Please take this as constructive observations.
  • blueberry287
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • blueberry287

Post 3+ Months Ago

The color look friend, but the links there is not many.
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius
  • Loc: South-Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

WOW ... your page is W3C Validated ... Nice one ...

Your submission form is nicely validated so that a user can't just enter any junk data in there ... Another nice one ...

The "terms of service" page bothers me a bit ... the font seems to big compared to the previous pages on your site ... maybe make it a bit smaller or make it dark gray instead of black ...

On the "latest liks" page, the top link doesn't have an image and it looks odd ...

On the "country targeting" page I would suggest that you add rollovers to each country and maybe you could add the number of links for that country next to it, for example "South-Africa(0)" ... I think that'd be cool ...

Maybe you could add a contact form on the "contact" page so that users could just fill it in right there on the site and don't have to open up their email program (if they have one) ...

Then you could also disable the link of the page that a user is on, for example if a user is on the "home" page, you could disable the "home" link and make it another colour (or rollover state) ... that way users will know which page they are on, and won't redirect to the page that they are already on ...

I don't like they way you mix tables and divs in your code ... you don't need to use tables for those categories ... it could be fully done with CSS and divs ...

Also you have lots and lots of white space in your coding which wastes a lot of bandwidth per month ... at this moment your page size is 32kb, then I used a free white-space remover to remove the white space and make your page 24kb in total, now that seems like nothing, but let's say you get 500 hits a day, that means you save 500*8kb a day which is 4000kb (4mb) lets take that for a month, so it's 4000kb*30days = 120000kb (120mb) that you could have saved and rather gotten more visitors ...

I would also add some padding to the sides of the "latest links" section to just make it look a bit better because the content now touches the sides ...

and calvi36 is right about the foreign language links at the bottom that are a bit distracting ...
  • luckyluck
  • Born
  • Born
  • luckyluck

Post 3+ Months Ago

I will submit my site. design good.
  • pitbull82
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thank you for your all reviews. Unfortunately I didn't have time to reply earlier :/

righteous_trespasser wrote:
The "terms of service" page bothers me a bit ... the font seems to big compared to the previous pages on your site ... maybe make it a bit smaller or make it dark gray instead of black ...

I made fonts smaller

On the "latest liks" page, the top link doesn't have an image and it looks odd ...

What browser do you use? I have image in top

On the "country targeting" page I would suggest that you add rollovers to each country and maybe you could add the number of links for that country next to it, for example "South-Africa(0)" ... I think that'd be cool ...

Good point. I've just added it.

I would also add some padding to the sides of the "latest links" section to just make it look a bit better because the content now touches the sides ...

Also - what browser do you use? In firefox / ie / opers on my pc it looks fine.

Other issues I think are not so important - for example directory is not so popular and I don't have to worry about transfer - but thanks for your opinion - maybe it will be very useful in future.

Do you know where are the best places to make my directory more popular?
  • wespeery
  • Born
  • Born
  • wespeery

Post 3+ Months Ago

Very nice, nice colors. But there are way too many link directorys. Also, make you logo bigger, make it stand out more.

My 2 cents.
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius
  • Loc: South-Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

Firefox .... that's what I'm using ...
  • mit
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: INDIA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I thought it would be a SEO related directory by your domain name. But it has all categories like all other normal web directories on web. I haven't seen extra-ordinary thing in your web directory.
  • pitbull82
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yes, it's normal directory, but the key feature is that directory is quite optimized (friendly urls, metatags and so on) so all listenings have greater value that listenings in old-fasioned directories.
  • almajdal
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • almajdal

Post 3+ Months Ago

It looks really pretty

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 13 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers