SITE REVIEW: SEO resource site

• Ruik
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Ruik

Post 3+ Months Ago

http://www.seobase.net is a new seo resource site i started up recently. How is the design? does it fit the topic? Should i change the favicon? do the white corners on the favicon look bad? any errors on the page? thanks in advance.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• mtheory
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Branford CT

Post 3+ Months Ago

There seems to be a lot of these sites and yours look alot like many of them.
  • mr_darek
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think overall the site looks very Blog-ish in its layout and typography. With the site being very text-heavy, imagery wouldn't hurt to try to have a better visual appeal - I look at the site and its like reading a newspaper - rather than a website.... Granted, the concept behind the website itself is informative, however, it still wouldn't hurt to have a more visually enhanced user experience.
  • farmer_Tom
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • farmer_Tom
  • Loc: Oaklahoma

Post 3+ Months Ago

The site does have the loook and feel of a blog but a very informative one at that. You may want to check out the search box at the top right of your pages; there is no go button and it doesn't do anything. In regards to the articles on your site, you may want to display a link to the Adobe Acrobat site where users can download the software for free if they don't have the reader. Your site does have some pretty sound content and is easy to use, so I added it to my favorites. Good luck!
  • ranoo
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • ranoo

Post 3+ Months Ago

it doesn't have a logo.

try to make it one because it hasn't personality
  • Mas Sehguh
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

It looks like a website with substantial information. Try to keep that look.
  • Ruik
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Ruik

Post 3+ Months Ago

thanks for the comments everyone.i want to keep it a very imformative site like sam said. thanks for putting it in your favorites, farmer tom! Basically i want to ask though, based on the design and content, would you come back to the site? if not, what should i improve upon to make that answer a yes?
  • ma
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • ma
  • Loc: bulgaria

Post 3+ Months Ago

Looks OK for informative site, but some images wont hurt. You can distinguish polls in right hand side someway (border or deferent color).
  • Myth000
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Myth000

Post 3+ Months Ago

the content is interesting, the layou is profesionnal, the favicon is good, only advice I can give is using more images (no not in a bad way but that they with with the layout like the dragon left to the letters OZZU(TM)).
  • miner
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • miner
  • Loc: India

Post 3+ Months Ago

i am getting error on your link pages...

Adding a forum will benefit to your site and members
  • Fara0^
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Fara0^

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well, as many others also said, it could use some graphics.
Simply a catching banner with a logo and site name would do it ;)
Otherwise, alot of nice info.

Keep it up! :D
  • tbrothers
  • tbrothers

Post 3+ Months Ago

Might help if there were not so many broken links!
  • samp
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • samp

Post 3+ Months Ago

break it up, add some colour/ hrading, lines or photos, it just seems to be one bif text blur...

i would also add abackground colour / texture on the right and left of the site

samp

http://www.4pd.com.au
  • reaper
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: europe

Post 3+ Months Ago

Like reconmended before but have to say it also a logo sign of some sort would look nice.
I also would like to say to break up the articles from each other through the use of lines and then you can also place other adsense formats in between, my guess this could get better results because, well it's my oppinion that ads on the side tend to get ignored more then other positions because people are used to see them at that position and also try to figure out why there isn't any related content in the ads regarding your own content.
Not a single ad showed SEO related content.

The space you have left when removing the skyscraper on the left for instance you can use for a summation of articles that are present, well at least a lot of interesting articles you can mention on that position so that every visitor get's a nice impression of what is available by looking at the descriptions. Better to see what's available in a glance so to speak then to scroll down the whole page, offcourse in time not all articles can be placed in such manor but you could place articles that are very interesting.

Nice and clean site and easy to look at, some other popular sites out there have good content only thing that bolders me with these sites is that there is so much to choose from regarding information, you are in a way bombarded with information packed together and don't where to begin :( keep up this look and design with some minor changes and it will be a improvement overall.

good luck 8)
  • tolkein
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • tolkein

Post 3+ Months Ago

SEO-related sites are all the rage these days - I just started a free search engine submission service myself. Although it's a blog but you'll do well if you find a niche.
  • sana
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: I am back!!

Post 3+ Months Ago

The header is simple but could do with some pictures or something good but simple. The contents are good and helpful , although too many google ads.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 16 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers