SITE REVIEW: DX-Server [Flash site]

• Anty
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Anty
  • Loc: Switzerland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi there,

3rd website, 2nd client and he wanted it red and grey.
The site isn't finished yet because there's no order form to rent a server (actually you can send an email but there's no "professional" way to do it). I'm currently working on it.
Anyway, the site won't look more different with the order form.

Well, tell me what you think about it. :)

Link : http://www.dx-server.ch
  • liltman
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • liltman
  • Loc: England, Hartlepool, UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

yo, nice design, i like how you have layed it all out and i particulary like the colour scheme, i donno why i just think red and grey look nice together

apart from the fact that i can't read what ever language it was then its great site

well done
  • horkam
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Central, KY

Post 3+ Months Ago

Is there any content? I could not get past the first page, clicking enter or the logo did nothing (tried in firefox and ie)

Also, your page is not valid, when I clicked on the W3C validator it brought back the following:
Quote:
Line 124, column 81: there is no attribute "target"

...06" alt="" href="detect.html" target="_self"/>

You have used the attribute named above in your document, but the document type you are using does not support that attribute for this element. This error is often caused by incorrect use of the "Strict" document type with a document that uses frames (e.g. you must use the "Transitional" document type to get the "target" attribute), or by using vendor proprietary extensions such as "marginheight" (this is usually fixed by using CSS to achieve the desired effect instead).

This error may also result if the element itself is not supported in the document type you are using, as an undefined element will have no supported attributes; in this case, see the element-undefined error message for further information.

How to fix: check the spelling and case of the element and attribute, (Remember XHTML is all lower-case) and/or check that they are both allowed in the chosen document type, and/or use CSS instead of this attribute.

You also should call your javascript and your css from external files.

Actually give your alt tags a value for your images.

Other than that the color scheme looks like it will work well for you, it is pleasing to my eye at least.
  • Anty
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Anty

Post 3+ Months Ago

horkam > thanks ! I added the target attribute for testing and didn't delete it for the final html version. Now it's fixed and the page is validated XHTML 1.0. :)

Actually, an admin modified the server and deleted the content of my site, you could only access to the splash page. :/ Now it's ok.

liltman > thank you. :)
  • thelittlevoice
  • thelittlevoice
  • Loc: Thailand

Post 3+ Months Ago

Very nice. I would have hired you if I had some money :)
  • jumungo4
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nice layout. The colours go well together too. :D
  • horkam
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Central, KY

Post 3+ Months Ago

Death to that admin!!!!!

The site does look good, and all appears to be working fine on this end this morning. Again, I like the color scheme and the layout looks good even @1600x1200.

All the links seem to be there, I clicked on everything I could find and found nothing broken. I am afraid that my French is nonexistant and that makes it difficult to navigate your page ;)

Good Job.
  • Anty
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Anty

Post 3+ Months Ago

thelittlevoice and jumungo4 > thank you a lot. ^^

horkam > lol "death to that admin". It's nice that it looks good even @ 1600x1200. Well if you don't understand the French, just click around, it's a small site so you won't get lost. :D
Thx.
  • Primordial
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Primordial

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello,

Great looking site, you have an eye for design.

One comment; I currently develop sites to ensure they display correctly at a minimum resolution of 800 * 600px, not 1024 * 768 - the industry standard (I thought :?: )

Because of your excellent design your website looks good at 800 * 600 anyway so why not remove the "Best viewed" comment :?:

Just a thought :oops:

Cheers, Primordial ... :shock: :D
  • rumka
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • rumka
  • Loc: Russian Federation

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi Anty ;

I like the color scheme. Red and grey is very well used. But I would like to recommend you to use sound effects with your well flash animations. For example you can add some sound effects to your mouse overs. On the other hand I didn't like the end of your short intro. Either there is supposed to be sound or there is not. And last thing is your site is remembered me the Dope Awards (http://www.dopeawards.com) web site. The interface, menus etc. :-)

Best Wishes ;

Rumka !
  • Anty
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Anty

Post 3+ Months Ago

Primodial > thank you for your comment. :)
You're right ! Actually I never tried the site under such resolution and didn't think it would display well at 800*600.
On the other hand, it's a way to convince visitors that 1024*768 is a resolution they should use at least. Nowadays, people have monitors that support this resolution and they maybe don't know that they can change to a higher resolution.
Most of the visitors won't pay attention to the "Best viewed with" statement because those are technical words....
Moreover if I put "Best viewed with : 800*600", it's the minimal resolution and could frighten some 1600x1200 users (me for example). :D

rumka > thank you too ! I'm not a sound designer (even if small sounds would be easy to make) so I'm a bit limited in this way...but you're right, either sound or no sound.
Hum...dope awards ? First time I see this website but I don't think my menu is the same as this site (but I understand what you mean). In those kind of sites, menus are based on the same ideas so if you just create a standard website, it's hard to design something not yet seen before... :?

flyingcats > thank you. ^^

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 11 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers