SITE REVIEW: SHEOLLART

• Saul_PL
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi there
My third website in flash http://sheollart2.ovh.org .Content's loading dynamically (xml files) so client can update every parts easily.
Any comments will be appreciate

Cheers
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius
  • Loc: South-Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

I don't want to sound nasty, but you could've done the site in HTML, which would be much better for SEO. The sounds on the rollovers are a bit annoying too ...
  • ecuador
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: Germany

Post 3+ Months Ago

Despite the use of flash ( i am no fan of it ), your site has 9 html errors on it, no keywords, and as righteous named, SEO is futile for this page.

The click sound on the menu is disturbing me too. What does this mp3 player has to do on a site like that?

The overall design looks squashed, you're wasting a lot of space. The scrollbars could be unnecessary if you'd use the empty room better.

The content boxes ( white / grey ) have some distance to the header, but not to the footer. This looks somehow cut off.

You could have been doing such a site ( although the idea with the xml files is fine ) in clean XHTML and some scripts like mootools and slimbox to archive the effects with the popping up images.

cheers
Frank
  • Saul_PL
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
What does this mp3 player has to do on a site like that?

mp3 player contains music made by client (sheoll).

Quote:
The overall design looks squashed, you're wasting a lot of space. The scrollbars could be unnecessary if you'd use the empty room better.

In my opinion I used all available space, main field change size when you choose gallery,game,astronomy. In the other case user can see random pictures on left field.

Quote:
You could have been doing such a site ( although the idea with the xml files is fine ) in clean XHTML

I know that I can make such web in xhtml but this's not the point

:wink:
  • moptoplop
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Oklahoma

Post 3+ Months Ago

It takes a very, very long time to load w/ a dial up connection. That little black flower thing gets a bit aggravating after a while, especially since it doesn't tell you how much longer you can expect for it to take.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers