• bobej
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • bobej

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi All,

Please have a look at my site and let me know what you think:

http://www.shirtrank.com

I'd especially like to know what you think of the CSS layout, the JS and how intuitive the site is. I'm avoiding a lot of help text and fancy logos for aesthetic reasons, but people are giving me conflicting opinions about whether a logo is really neccessary.

Thanks much,
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• b_heyer
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Maryland

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think you really need a logo if you want people to be able to identifiy your site. I also think it looks incomplete without one, but as far as I'm concerned nobody is going to go there and be able to tell people about it, besides looking at the URL.
  • Funny_Fuzz
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yea, I agree. Needs a logo
  • bobej
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • bobej

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'll be working on the logo, but no other objections?
  • bleepnik
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: South Jersey, US

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well this is new (to me). I really like the concept of this site. It has the appeal of those "hot or not" sites without their, um... lack of appeal. The menu at the top of the page is a bit plain, but not bad - I would only really suggest removing the underline, as it should be apparent that those are category and page links. The only complaint I have with the site's usability is that if I'm clicking on "Next" to sift through the selection page by page, my expectation is that the generation of shirts on each page is not random. I was a bit confused, therefore, when I saw shirts I had already ranked reappearing on subsequent pages.

Are those shirts linked to their respective sites through your affiliate ID? If so, I think this is an innovative way to present the material and increase the likelihood that you'll make some commissions. Are you planning to add other t-shirt sellers as well? There are some other great ones out there that would fit in well with what you've got (tshirthell, threadless, etc.). Are you planning to add user accounts and logins in the future? RSS feeds? I would love to be notified when you add more content, and be able to come back and rate only what I've not already rated -- even if I've wiped my cookies since my last visit (or however you keep track of votes).

Great job!
  • The Smoker King
  • The Smoker King
  • Loc: Texas

Post 3+ Months Ago

Very interesting concept. I agree with the above posts that you should create a logo, or something to personalize the site. The overall website looks great, and keep up the good work.
  • redwan
  • redwan

Post 3+ Months Ago

Very catchy website although a logo would do fine. I'm not sure how fast this page would load on slower connections as i'm on a fast connection but the images may slow down the page.

good luck
  • LanaST
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

Its slow loading and the front page looks incomplete without a logo. You really need one.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 8 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers