SITE REVIEW: SignalStage

• ssBrian
  • ssBrian

Post 3+ Months Ago

http://www.signalstage.com

this is a new webdesign company started by a friend and i, i do the design work and he does coding. thanks for the critique :)
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• neksus
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

It looks like you were inspired by 2advanced. And then...stopped. Put a border or something around the white news area, it looks like a picture didn't load. Move the nav up, or put a banner their or something. The page looks incomplete.
Nice clear concise text however, but the "portfolio" on the right is a bit blurry.
  • mr_darek
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

neksus wrote:
It looks like you were inspired by 2advanced. And then...stopped.

I agree, it looks like an in-complete first concept. I know sometimes less is more...but I do not think this is a good example as it does indeed look like certain things did not load correctly.

Rollovers wouldn't hurt for news, services and contact - any chance to create some visual interest is great for potential clients...static is sometimes and often not so great.
  • tobiesidders
  • Born
  • Born
  • tobiesidders
  • Loc: United Kingdom

Post 3+ Months Ago

neksus wrote:
It looks like you were inspired by 2advanced. And then...stopped. Put a border or something around the white news area, it looks like a picture didn't load. Move the nav up, or put a banner their or something. The page looks incomplete.
Nice clear concise text however, but the "portfolio" on the right is a bit blurry.

I agree with this post..

Maybe needs a bit more to be added... Its looks to empty.. and maybe if I was to come across it I would mayeb think the same thing.. In-complete.

The layout seems to be fine.. Just more content...

Regards

Tobie Sidders
  • madmonk
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • madmonk
  • Loc: australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

yeah it looks like its done halfway :-) I dont agree with the colours too. they are too boring, or you are halfway through design ?
  • delmea
  • Loc: West Yorkshire

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yes I must agree with the others, it looks too empty and needs more content, you should really do some thing with the empty space at the top and viewing the site in 800x600 it is off the page.
The links to the images (ss) would look better if they were thumbnails.
http://www.freesoftware4all.co.uk
  • 613flavah
  • battlestar
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Hurricane...

Post 3+ Months Ago

There is way too much white on that site. I had to squint when the site first loaded

You need to put an intro paragraph describing what your site is all about right when ppl enter your site. Right now I have no clue what it's about

I'm not exactly sure what your gallery is for? Is it wallpapers? examples of site designs you've created? Or just artwork in general?

The site is a bit on the bland side. You need to spice it up a bit. I'm not getting any feeling from visiting your site at all.

Don't forget your meta data

Embed your jvs file externally

What resolution is your site best viewed at? It's not totally scalable right now and in your code I see you set the table width to 900. I'd change that to 100% so it fits the viewer's browser size better

Missing some alt tags on images

Use css instead of inline font tags

Remove the "<TD></TD>" near the bottom
  • J-G
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Belgium

Post 3+ Months Ago

Your main page is to skinny, you may add image to make it more interesting, because I had the feeling that this site was not yet completed.
And also at the bottom of the site. It looks like there is missing a part.
  • Majd-GFX
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Majd-GFX
  • Loc: MI, USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

to tell you the truth i love your design, very clean and nice, one thing though, at the bottom, the tech brushes look REALLY random.
  • nicolas
  • nicolas

Post 3+ Months Ago

How about a logo design and some graphics?
  • Tdotwire
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Toronto

Post 3+ Months Ago

colors are good

although I sugjest more of an apperance boost. What you should do is make the background of the page a darker color therefore it makes the stage appear more,

also a logo graphic would be suitable for the heading.

aside from that, great job :thumbsup:
  • ssBrian
  • ssBrian

Post 3+ Months Ago

were starting to get more content up now as you can all see so now the pages arnt too bare
  • pinkmiracle
  • Born
  • Born
  • pinkmiracle

Post 3+ Months Ago

hi there,

thk your site has a pretty nice layout .... here are some comments

1. the newsletter box seems quite "obtrusive" - demanding a bit too much attention, i noticed it first even before anything else on your site.

2. the colour co-ord could be a little more contrasting, some of hte nice background designs quite difficult to see....need to strain to see.

3. maybe you could do a seperate css file and link over instead of placing your css codings within the same page - probably better for SE spiders to run along

regds,
pat
  • osama
  • Born
  • Born
  • osama
  • Loc: bruges, belgium

Post 3+ Months Ago

hate the newsletter thing in the middle ... quite nice

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 14 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers