• Student

Post 3+ Months Ago

http://ownsilverridgeestates.com/

review/ comments/ suggestions
  • ilektroniks
  • ilektroniks
  • Loc: Alabama

Post 3+ Months Ago

I visited your site and it has an eye catching look to it. It keeps the viewer wanting to see more and more of it. Great job keep up the excellent work!
  • kc0tma
  • o|||||||o
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Trout Creek, MT

Post 3+ Months Ago

Looks good. I really like it when people use images for the links to other pages on their site with alternate images as rollovers. Your use of animations, like on the home page banner and with the map of lots, was well done too, not too over the top which means it loads pretty quick.
  • murcielagossi
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

It looks nice, but the header skips around alittle with the flash. But it looks nice.
  • Tipp
  • Tipp

Post 3+ Months Ago

Very nice. Attractive colour scheme, clean layout that makes the important information clearly visible, and just the right amount of embellishments - not so few that it looks bland, or so many that it brings your browser to halt.

The only thing I have to say is that I would put one or two lines of whitespace between the text/photos and the links bar at the very bottom on the pages where there currently is none, as it looks a little cramped down there right now.

From a content point of view, I have to say that if I was looking to buy a lot in this place I might want to see a bit more info about it (perhaps spread over more than one page to keep it from being one big, long-winded essay) and maybe a proper photos section. But that's just me, and if this is all the client wants then so be it :)
  • kwiatek
  • Banned
  • Banned

Post 3+ Months Ago

very very nice. great job!
  • dotnetmachine
  • Born
  • Born
  • dotnetmachine

Post 3+ Months Ago

nice site, top banner is wonderful, i like your color choice, it makes people wait and watch. good job done
  • murcielagossi
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

One more thing I noticed. On the buttons....the text is not horizantially aligned..you can see a big difference between "register" and "contact"

Good luck.
  • athand24.com
  • Born
  • Born

Post 3+ Months Ago

I would make the header image smaller. now it takes a big part of the page an the main content goes under.
  • zhaira
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • zhaira

Post 3+ Months Ago

I checked your site and it looks nice. The navigation menus does not match your site. I suggested that you increase the font size and add features about the company products and services.
  • websoftgroup
  • websoftgroup
  • Loc: New York

Post 3+ Months Ago

I loved the header
  • Merlyn
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Oregon

Post 3+ Months Ago

I agree, I really like the header because it's pretty. But it's pretty large. I would consider cropping it down a bit and thus bringing the content up slightly.

I also like your flash animation for the lots that are at this place Fernie.

However, I wasn't quite sure whether or not those lots were available. I assumed so because they were green, but I wasn't sure. Perhaps maybe include a legend or information as to whether they are available. Again I could just be wrong about it.
  • shofe
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • shofe
  • Loc: Philippines

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like the way you do the flash animations. It's really simple and direct to the point. Keep it up!
  • caseyturner
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • caseyturner

Post 3+ Months Ago

I would just say it looks like crap, But the mod of this forum told me that i need to be more specific on my posts.

So here it is......

1. Your layout looks like you baught it off one of these dollar template sites.
2. Top image the movement will freeze up alot of computers that are still on dial up and yes alot people are still on dial up.
3. Letters on your buttons are hard to read for elderly people. and since your site is estates. Its mainly older people going to read it.
4. I have to agree. the pop up you have is clever good job on that.
5. The flash in your maps took me ( on dsl ) few minutes to load. might want to get your coder to fix that.

Well MODS of this forum. are you happy with my longer post? Me being a member to feel threaten to post small posts is just not right.
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius
  • Loc: South-Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

The W3C Validator found 7 errors in your coding ... You can see them here

like murcielagossi said, the text isn't perfectly aligned on all the buttons ...

I think it'd be cool if you disable the rollover and the link of the page that a user is on, for example, if a user is on the "home" page, disable the "home" link and make it a solid image (in rollover state) ... this way users don't redirect to the page that they are on,. and they always know which page they are on ...

Make sure about the error page when a user submits a blank form, it doesn't look good ... maybe add a back button to it aswell ... Then you need to add some kind of form validation ... I just typed in "h" as my name and th form was submitted ... not good for you ... Same with the "contact" page ...

And casey ... stop whining
  • imfree35
  • imfree35
  • Loc: GA

Post 3+ Months Ago

ilektroniks wrote:
I visited your site and it has an eye catching look to it. It keeps the viewer wanting to see more and more of it. Great job keep up the excellent work!
  • imfree35
  • imfree35

Post 3+ Months Ago

kc0tma wrote:
Looks good. I really like it when people use images for the links to other pages on their site with alternate images as rollovers. Your use of animations, like on the home page banner and with the map of lots, was well done too, not too over the top which means it loads pretty quick.
  • imfree35
  • imfree35

Post 3+ Months Ago

dotnetmachine wrote:
nice site, top banner is wonderful, i like your color choice, it makes people wait and watch. good job done
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius
  • Loc: South-Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

@imfree35: what the hell are you doing?
  • dosoqi

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think the buttons are too large compared to the text in the body.

The flash is not smooth, maybe you need to increase the frames speed.

The photos snaps looks good, resize it to smaller and align it to the right hand side just next to the body text... one last think, try to get rid of the blue background for the photo snaps and just blend it in with the site's bg.

Good Luck!
  • provenseoservices
  • provenseoservices

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nice site....beautiful pictures....the snapshots at the bottom are great too. Have you thought of adding the snapshots to the top image (and losing the flash feature). That way people see the mountains in the background but can get an idea of the various activities by looking at the snapshots. Plus it would look cool!

When I saw your site I thought of this marketing firm VariableThinking.com. They did a website for Marriott using gorgeous pictures with blue skies and lots of recreation scenes. The site was pretty, but it was designed to capture data, allow people to register, and ultimately sell a service/product (timeshares). The company has had a great deal of success so you might want to check them out.

As far as content.....I'd flip the paragraphs about make "About Fernie" the first one to introduce what the site is about. You're also missing a lot of SEO opps. Use keywords in headings (with the right tags), and optimize your images/ALT tags and Anchors if you want to improve rank.

Good luck and great job!

Christina
ProvenSEOServices.com

brentjlaf wrote:
http://ownsilverridgeestates.com/

review/ comments/ suggestions

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 21 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers