SITE REVIEW: Sim's Solos

• DaveyBoy
  • DaveyBoy

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi, well this is my first review request.

It's a site where fans of Oasis can go and learn how to play the solos of the songs; a joint project between myself and my friend.

Not too interested whether there are code errors (there are!) or anything, mainly the aesthetics and the overall feel etc.

Thanks.

http://oasissolos.firez.org
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Funny_Fuzz
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Um... if you know there are code errors, why don't you try to fix them before asking to have your site reviewed? Cause that's what some people will look at aswell then just the main website design.

Also, the design is way to squished up and compacted. Seriously consider making it wider.

My rating:
6.7/10
  • DaveyBoy
  • DaveyBoy

Post 3+ Months Ago

Cos i don't actually care about the code, i'm not one of them people who worries about not having valid code etc. that's why i don't want/need people telling me about it.

Thanks for your comments. :)
  • Merlyn
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Oregon

Post 3+ Months Ago

Are you planning on adding the 'Guestbook' or scratching it for good?

The site looks good. Well laid out.

My only gripes I think would be that there's quite a bit of white space on 1024x768 resolution to either side of the content or overall layout. Secondly, up by the top near your banner or name of the site, the diagonal lines seem a little jagged in one part. I hope that makes sense. It could be my browser however. Using firefox 6.

Good job.
  • miniRank.com
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • miniRank.com

Post 3+ Months Ago

DaveyBoy wrote:
Hi, well this is my first review request.

It's a site where fans of Oasis can go and learn how to play the solos of the songs; a joint project between myself and my friend.

Not too interested whether there are code errors (there are!) or anything, mainly the aesthetics and the overall feel etc.

Thanks.

http://oasissolos.firez.org

About the aestetics:
1. Widen the site width, I'm at 1152x864 and only half of the width is used. Of course this is a personal preference, but I think the site would be more readable.
2. Most of the navigation menus are either on the left or on the top of the page, does it really has to be on the right side?
3. There is an extra blue vertical bar on the right.

The overal feel is the site is unique and I especially like the blue non-90 degrees boxes ;)

Good job
  • DaveyBoy
  • DaveyBoy

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks mate - glad it doesnt upset everyone to know i just wanted the look of the site reviewing :lol:

About point 3, that blue line is actually part of the design - i quite often have something like that on it, don't know why I just like it i guess. :D

Thanks for giving me stuff to work with ;)
  • ominer
  • ominer

Post 3+ Months Ago

good site
  • ominer
  • ominer

Post 3+ Months Ago

i like your site but i think you should get rid of the guestbook link if it doesnt work. colors are great in my opinion
  • DaveyBoy
  • DaveyBoy

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yeah, the guestbook i'm working on so it'll be up in a couple of days - not sure why i didn't just remove it :D Thanks for input :)
  • monsieur_le_christophe
  • Student
  • Student
  • monsieur_le_christophe
  • Loc: Wales, UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

Great site! I think it looks brilliant and has a nice feel to it. I agree a little widening would possibly improve the look, but seeing as there is so little writing/pics I don't think it matters that much. Also the site moves from left to right a few pixels between certain pages eg the first two (in firefox 7) which bugs me but isn't a big issue, and I doubt most Oasis fans will care!

Excellent!
  • DaveyBoy
  • DaveyBoy

Post 3+ Months Ago

Cheers man, yeah the moving is caused by some pages having a scroll bar and some not. Might make em all a bit longer ;)

Thanks for your feedback :D

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 11 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers