SITE REVIEW: SimplyCertified.com

• Triexa
  • Triexa

Post 3+ Months Ago

So I had this really cool new idea and went with it. Hope it works out well once it goes live!

What do you think of the site, which is not 100% complete... but almost there.
http://www.simplycertified.com
(new front page: http://www.simplycertified.com/index2/)

I'd appreciate feedback on EVERYTHING - layout, colors, accessibility, personal opinions, etc. etc.

Thanks to all!
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• edawg
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Novel idea!, hope it takes off for you!. The only problem I was the image title, the simply certified.com banner, it looks a bit blurred in my 1280x1024 resolution.

And also try to resize the screen, the navigation bars shrink with the screen size, which moves them both all over the place. maybe just use a wrapper <div> and set a width and height for your site, I had that happen to me before, and setting the outside edges works fine.

But other than that its a nice clean site, Its simple to look at, and hopefully will catch on for you!. GOODLUCK!.
  • Triexa
  • Triexa

Post 3+ Months Ago

edawg wrote:
Novel idea!, hope it takes off for you!. The only problem I was the image title, the simply certified.com banner, it looks a bit blurred in my 1280x1024 resolution.

And also try to resize the screen, the navigation bars shrink with the screen size, which moves them both all over the place. maybe just use a wrapper <div> and set a width and height for your site, I had that happen to me before, and setting the outside edges works fine.

But other than that its a nice clean site, Its simple to look at, and hopefully will catch on for you!. GOODLUCK!.

What web browser/OS are you using? the very simply text "logo" is blurred for you? Also, the menus span 100% width, while the content is 750px wide... the menus shouldn't be going "all over the place"?
  • Triexa
  • Triexa

Post 3+ Months Ago

I completely changed the logo... what you think?
  • Triexa
  • Triexa

Post 3+ Months Ago

I don't quite know what to replace the front page body with.. any suggestions?
  • ThomasB
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • ThomasB

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi, great idea.

I like your logo also. I think that you should have an example on your home page, and some more content, like testimonials.
  • Triexa
  • Triexa

Post 3+ Months Ago

How about this for the home page (unfinished!)?
http://www.simplycertified.com/index2

Ignore the poor quality... I just saved it as a 255 color PNG.

My main problem is the 3 colored boxes.. orange needs the black text, but then its out of place. Also, all 3 of those colors aren't really used on the site besides the purple/green for two images in the browse home..

any input on the maybe-new homepage?
  • demonmaestro
  • Gold Member
  • Gold Member
  • Loc: Conroe, Texas

Post 3+ Months Ago

if you ask me i like the index2 one. I hope it works for you. good luck!
  • supercoltsfan
  • supercoltsfan
  • Loc: Indianapolis, IN

Post 3+ Months Ago

A few suggestions for index2...

First, the anchor image you are using (the guy at the desk throwing papers up in the air) needs to be much better. That image doesn't really communicate anything useful to the user or make them want to use your site. Something like a photo at a good angle of someone holding (looking at) one of your framed certificates, or someone being given one, or maybe just as simple as a picture of one up on someone's wall. You want to show people the end use of this product so they can visualize what their end use will be.

Another suggestion would be to cut the text in the 1,2,3 section in half. It's a bit too long and it makes me want to skip it. Take a look at Blogger.com's "1,2,3" instructions to see how effective short text can be.

Overall, looks like a great site with a lot of potential. Good luck!

~Noah~
  • Triexa
  • Triexa

Post 3+ Months Ago

supercoltsfan wrote:
Another suggestion would be to cut the text in the 1,2,3 section in half. It's a bit too long and it makes me want to skip it. Take a look at Blogger.com's "1,2,3" instructions to see how effective short text can be.

Thanks for the overall input... as for the text length, the bolded headers next the the #s are basically the same size... just I have a bit more info below. You could still very easily understand reading just the headings, no?
  • Triexa
  • Triexa

Post 3+ Months Ago

Okay so I have changed the front page a bit more, yet again...

how about the colors? The new image? :)

Let me know!
  • supercoltsfan
  • supercoltsfan
  • Loc: Indianapolis, IN

Post 3+ Months Ago

Better... I think you are heading the right direction. The image is a better and adds more interest than the previous one.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 12 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers