SITE REVIEW: site about floors

• linxiting
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • linxiting
  • Loc: Belgium

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi Guys

I created a new website for a friend of mine: http://www.svvloeren.be. I wanted to know what you guys think of the layout...
All suggestions are welcome!

Thx!
  • pclovers
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Nagpur, India

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well, when I visit your website I landed in page with photogallary with no description about yourself and what this website about.
It's better to add some description on index page and then allow visitors to check gallery.
  • linxiting
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • linxiting

Post 3+ Months Ago

The site description is in the footer... The photo gallery is the eye-catcher of the website. If I change that, I would have to change te whole website :)
Anyway thanks for your comment!
  • Steve-Hostirian
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: St. Louis MO 63146

Post 3+ Months Ago

linxiting wrote:
The site description is in the footer... The photo gallery is the eye-catcher of the website. If I change that, I would have to change te whole website :)
Anyway thanks for your comment!
Sorry, but your eye catcher covers everything above the fold, but doesn't tell me what your site is about. If I had stumbled upon your site without being directed from this forum, I'd be confused about what you're presenting or selling, and confused prospects never buy. I honestly believe more content would help your site tremendously. Good luck.
  • linxiting
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • linxiting

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yeah, maybe you are right. Will check and maybe redesign... Thanks for your reply!!
  • Moola Mails
  • Moola Mails

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like the site, it has nice photos that I can only assume are your work contracting. I especially like the white rocks surrounding the small pool photo which is very nice. You should add more detail below the photo's which may help with click rate on them. Pretty good effort overall.
  • mindfullsilence
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

Layout and color scheme are great with plenty of contrast and negative space. Definitely like the infusion of pop into the minimalist feel. I'd drop the outer glow and bevel on the logo though. Also, you have a very nice, strict grid setup, but inner gallery pages have smaller images that break out of the grid lines.
  • linxiting
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • linxiting

Post 3+ Months Ago

Many thanks for your comment mindfullsilence!
  • twalters84
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • twalters84
  • Loc: Mount Savage, MD

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey There,

The website loaded really slowly for me.

The color scheme is too dark in my opinion.

Just my two cents.

Sincerely,
Travis Walters
  • jfambrini
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • jfambrini

Post 3+ Months Ago

I know that black backgrounds have been in for quite sometime but I don't know if enough psychological testing has been done on user response to them as walking in a dark dismal space can be intimidating. I agree with other posters that unless a person knows what the person does already a random visitor would be clueless as would be the search engine. The site is under-optimized for its keywords and it seems that has not been designed with SEO in mind. Your design is set but perhaps you can add a text banner right beside the logo describing what this company does packed with some juicy keywords to let Google sink its teeth. Otherwise a very nice design and very nice photographs. Great effort.
  • jakobia
  • jakobia
  • Loc: Sweden

Post 3+ Months Ago

hmmmm looks unfinnished.
Why not use wp and customize a nice template.
  • Longclark
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Longclark

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi! linxiting Just now I have visited your website it is really interesting and sounds good. The pictures are also very nice and good. The one and only thing which i felt as drawback is the background colour. If you change the background colour some one instead of black means then it will be very attractive.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 12 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers