SITE REVIEW: DJ SITE PART II

• derrick
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • derrick
  • Loc: The other side of the cross fader

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks to all of you who gave me tips on my site about 6 months ago, it helped alot, especially in the SERPS which helped double my traffic. been real busy, but I've had a little time here and there to do a little "re-organizing". So take a look, let me know what else I gotta do....Thanks.

http://www.starrproductions.com
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Uncensored-Hosting
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Los Angeles

Post 3+ Months Ago

First let me say I think interactivity concept on the site are a great idea. I would improve the naviagtion eg: from the database page I should not have to go back to home in order to access the rest of the site. I would also put all the text on the home page between check availability and the icons into two tables to make better use of the white space left by the centered text.
  • water
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • water

Post 3+ Months Ago

I really wasn't feeling the design or the set up. You had nice content, but it seemed forced and didn't look like it was placed in a organized way. I wasn't feelin the colors nor the page background design or maybe it was just the color that gave me a bad taste- personally. The Home page, Refrences page, and Your Star Event page are not centered. I didn't like the fact that a few pages had their own little design going on. I think 200% should be kept at 100%, personally cause eveytime I see 200% I think it just sounds fake or cheap. The site just seemed kind slopped.

Don't take my criticism hard, stay at it. I just wasn't really feelin it.
  • The Smoker King
  • The Smoker King
  • Loc: Texas

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think the website is clean, and it is easy to navigate. I would work on making it more symmetrical by making sure every thing that should be centered is centered. Other than that, keep up the good work.
  • aimillie
  • aimillie
  • Loc: Largo, FL - USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I found it easy to navigate, I quickly located the main topics and was able to browse several pages knowing what to expect, that's a plus.
The online contact page should maintain the same navigation layout has the rest of the site with the banner at the top, I was used to it, and then had to hit the back button when I didn't see it... .
I would keep the same layout style throughout... even in the "links" directory...
The use of diffirent font style and color got a little too much. Italic blue, orange capital letter, black lower case...etc all on the same page. But that's just my feeling... you did pretty good overall, the site is informative and answer all questions about hiring a DJ. :wink:
  • derrick
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • derrick

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yeah, the link pages are a little out of control, hopefully I can clean it up a little bit tomorrow, along with the fonts n' colors....
I'm doing real good with the whole optimizing part of the site, pretty much on the first page for most of my keywords (for now).
Guess now it's time to do real good for the design part of the site..

Thanks for the advice...
  • Lord Kai
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: Chicago, IL, USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Its a DJ Company's website not a Lawyer Firm's. Give it some more feel. Try a whole new and complete design. Aim for Club life. Try dark backgrounds and bright colors. What type of people is the site aiming for?
  • derrick
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • derrick

Post 3+ Months Ago

Really not going for the "club" look, I'm aiming for brides more than anything, but not just brides only...The "club look" is something I'm trying to avoid altogether....
  • Lord Kai
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: Chicago, IL, USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

We make the website look like you guys know how ot have fun. Its too dual.

And oh yea I didn't notice the word Wedding before.
  • HN Will
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • HN Will

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm with Kai,

try darker colors.

I did a google search for 'wedding dj maryland' and your site was nowhere to be found. I'd suggest dropping all that content at the bottom of your page into different pages that are keyword optimized to increase PR potential on your main site. You can make some content-specific pages/ads/links to point to your site here that should help you out, too.

cheers,

~HN Will
  • iamkoa
  • iamkoa

Post 3+ Months Ago

Simple site design, but I'm all for the minimalistic stuff. Maybe add a darker colors (as everyone else I said I see) in either text or graphic form.

This'll give the site more depth and give they eye a little more to explore.

Other then that, I think it's a great site.
  • kennethtan
  • Born
  • Born
  • kennethtan

Post 3+ Months Ago

Layout and the loading time is good but the pictures of your mainpage is not very clear. Try to sharpen the pictures. :lol:
  • mtheory
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Branford CT

Post 3+ Months Ago

in my opinion, it looks like dozens of other DJ sites.

Here's one I'm working on for a DJ:

//link removed. Please don't spam in other ppl's threads
  • derrick
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • derrick

Post 3+ Months Ago

HN Will wrote:
I'm with Kai,

try darker colors.

I did a google search for 'wedding dj maryland' and your site was nowhere to be found. I'd suggest dropping all that content at the bottom of your page into different pages that are keyword optimized to increase PR potential on your main site. You can make some content-specific pages/ads/links to point to your site here that should help you out, too.

cheers,

~HN Will

wedding dj maryland...55 searches a month (not to many brides are gonna "search" that way...they may say "maryland wedding djs" and for that term I'm #3 in google.......And also for.....
maryland djs.....172 searches a month #3 in google, #1 in Yahoo, #1 in MSN
wedding djs....2347 searches a month #5 in Yahoo, #3 in MSN (lost in google on that search term)
virginia djs...142 searches a month #1 in MSN, #1 in yahoo, #7 in google
djs....21818 searches a month #9 in yahoo, #21 in MSN, google (who the hell knows where)

From the stats I see from my website the most popular "search engine keyword" that people found my site was "maryland djs".......

And also I didn't have this presence in the SERPS until I added all that yadda, yadda content at the bottom of my homepage.....So why would i take that out???
  • derrick
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • derrick

Post 3+ Months Ago

derrick wrote:
HN Will wrote:
I'm with Kai,

try darker colors.

cheers,

~HN Will

wedding dj maryland...55 searches a month (not to many brides are gonna "search" that way...they may say "maryland wedding djs" and for that term I'm #3 in google.......And also for.....
maryland djs.....172 searches a month #3 in google, #1 in Yahoo, #1 in MSN
wedding djs....2347 searches a month #5 in Yahoo, #3 in MSN (lost in google on that search term)
virginia djs...142 searches a month #1 in MSN, #1 in yahoo, #7 in google
djs....21818 searches a month #9 in yahoo, #21 in MSN, google (who the hell knows where)

From the stats I see from my website the most popular "search engine keyword" that people found my site was "maryland djs".......

And also I didn't have this presence in the SERPS until I added all that yadda, yadda content at the bottom of my homepage.....So why would i take that out???

Oh just got re-indexed by Yahoo, and they showed me some love...
For keyword "DJs" #2.....for "Wedding" DJs #1...unfreakinbelieveable :D
  • Gaminglegend
  • Gaminglegend
  • Loc: Australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

A nice simple design. The only recommendation for improvement is to not place text on your orangey-wavey background, as it can be a bit difficult to read. Limiting the text to only the white section of the design would work best.
  • derrick
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • derrick

Post 3+ Months Ago

the "content text" on the wavy orange background is text more for the search engines rather than for my visitors to read....that part has very little info for my visitors....but a rack of info for the search engines, which is why I didn't put it in the white background.....

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 17 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers