SITE REVIEW: Site Safe

• JJKebab
  • JJKebab

Post 3+ Months Ago

I know you guys are all probably busy designing your own sites, but I'd really appreciate it if you could take a look at my site and let me know what you think.

The URL is http://www.site-safe.org

Any constructive criticism would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance, JJKebab
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

I really like this. It is very fresh and non cluttered which makes it VERY easy to look at.

You want some connstructive critiscism? I honestly cannot give you any as the site is REALLY good. Its very proffessional and very easy to navigate.

You really should be pleased with yourself for this. Very good piece of work.
  • fional24
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • fional24
  • Loc: Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi,

I like this site. Nice and clean and easy to use. The pictures look professional without being to over powering. I do like the colour scheme, the bright green isn't usually a colour I would like on a site, but I think it works well to brighten up the grey and.

The frequently asked questions page is impressive. I like the open and close feature, no need for a huge page with messy anchors!

I found the testimonials page through the business and website owners section. Once I had finshed that page, I didn't like having to use the browser back button to go back to the registration. It would be good if you either add a back button at the end of the last paragraph, or even better, a register now link.

The only thing that confused me about the site was the security alert section on the right of every page showing the IP addresses. Whats that all about? It looks like it could be useful info, but without an explanation, I can't do anything with it!

In conclusion, a clear, easy to use, useful website.
  • JJKebab
  • JJKebab

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for the feedback guys. I can't take all the credit, I've got a good team of developers and designers.

The security alerts box has a bit more work to be done on it. Soon it will be database driven to report on websites that are up to no good and will also report on what type of fraud is happening.

All other suggestions have been passed to the developers so you should see your suggestions been put into place over the next few days.

PS Do you have any idea how much of a pain in the butt it was to get those FAQs to work like that? If you look at the code it looks like it needs slagging off, but unfortunately it's got to be like that of it to work on the first click. Stoopid, I know!
  • 613flavah
  • battlestar
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Hurricane...

Post 3+ Months Ago

Cool idea. :) Now for some suggestions.

- Stick to ONE font throughout your site. On the front page I see two completely different fonts faces & sizes. I can't stress enough how important it is to keep a website consistent.

- I'm confused as to what the "Security Alerts" & "Safe Sites" boxes are for? Are those safe sites that change daily letting browsers know it's safe to go on their sites? If so, can you guarantee the viewer nothing will happen while viewing their site? I realize the ones listed there are all big companies and pretty secure but still. You have to make sure to cover all your bases. I also realize that when someone uses the software you are providing they can check themselves if it's safe, but since right now it's just displayed as text on your site I can't see how as a viewer I could trust it. Am I making any sense lol.

- Make your navbar stand out more, I didn't notice it right away.

- Scalable site, good job!

- Try using images that depict ppl using the web or business type images. Right now it's all women, not that there is anything wrong with that but you don't want to give the wrong impression to browsers.

- Spelling mistake on your testimonials page. "defence" should be spelled "defense". It's spelt in French right now :P

- Your Testimonials & FAQs should be part of the main navbar, they are pretty important links and shouldn't be just listed on the main page but on all sub sections.

- Spelling mistake on the business page. "it's" should be "its".

- Missing keywords & site description!

- Missing alt text for images.

- Your css validates good job!

- Your html is not valid though. You're missing the "type" in the js declaration. type="text/javascript" for <script>. In other words
<script type="JavaScript" src="lib/validate.js"></script> instead of
<script language="JavaScript" src="lib/validate.js"></script>

That's all I could find. I hope it helps you and good luck with the rest :)
  • Scorpius
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Scorpion Hole

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well your design is very nice, put togther very well and easy to read and find what you need.

Although on the coding side I found a flaw which will give an error but do no major damage. For when you include your pages from the link ?page=name
It only trys to include name.inc.html which isn't bad because then it won't pick up and pages you don't want them seeing. But you should put in a check to see if file exists and if it does show a message like "Sorry this page does not exist." or give them a nice custom 404 error.
  • JJKebab
  • JJKebab

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for the tips guys.

Sorry flavah, but as far as I'm aware, "defence" is the english spelling. "Defense" is the americanisation. And since I'm British, I'll go with the original! :-D

Once again, thanks to all. It's nice to know you can get some professional feedback on projects.
  • farmer_Tom
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • farmer_Tom
  • Loc: Oaklahoma

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nice job and neat concept. I like the overall site design, its clean, clear and color-coordinated. Your testimonials look a little suspicious, you may want to give a little more information (full name). Also, you should post site URLs and not IPs for Security alerts as it means more to the user (i.e., Ebay.com means something to the user whereas their IP does not). But I like the concept and I'm even considering downloading it.
  • Vladdrac
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Louisville, Ky

Post 3+ Months Ago

Very clean site, looks great! Yeah I agree that the testimonials and FAQ should have more obvious links on the page. Very interesting product, I read through most of the site to find out about the product, which is something I don't normally do when reviewing a site. So that says something about the user friendliness of your site.
  • parangat
  • Loc: Mumbai,India

Post 3+ Months Ago

Very elegent and professional.

I guess u can use some images pertaining to "security" ,rather than these girl images.

I loved your nav bar icons.

I think u can put in some more security or safety related information through something like info center.
  • koppaspider
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • koppaspider
  • Loc: Metro:Williamsport

Post 3+ Months Ago

I must say there isn't much I don't like about your website
nice design

I would just add the testimonles and faq to the top Nav..
  • 01wojtowicz
  • 01wojtowicz

Post 3+ Months Ago

very nce site but could do with some more colour
  • JJKebab
  • JJKebab

Post 3+ Months Ago

by the way, as a thank you, if any of you folks are interested in registering your websites with site safe, use the promo code "wmforum9" and i'll make sure you get a FREE trial.

cheers guys!
  • JJKebab
  • JJKebab

Post 3+ Months Ago

does nobody want to take me up on my offer at all?
  • JJKebab
  • JJKebab

Post 3+ Months Ago

The Master wrote:
its ok

Thanks for that constructive criticism!!! ;-)
  • Fitness4Living
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Belfast, Ireland

Post 3+ Months Ago

The site looks good. But i have to admit it does look a little too much like a template. Its got loads of empty space which could be filled with a logo or some pics. Also a bit more colour might make it more appealing.
Hope this helps!!
  • JJKebab
  • JJKebab

Post 3+ Months Ago

thanks for the input, although i have to say that it's definitely not a template. i don't know, that might be a compliment if you think about it.....

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 17 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers