SITE REVIEW: SkinMyBB.com

• Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I thought I have posted a review for this site/project but a search for it doesn't yield any results so I'm started a-new. I've had some experience restyling phpBB3's themes so I have the know-how on how to do that. As it happens, I also have a lot of time on my hands... enough to work on 2-3 projects side by side. I mean, like 8 hours a day. (Reason I said 2-3 projects die by side is that 8hours of 1 project gets too dull... I need to keep it interesting).

http://skinmybb.ismywebsite.com/

I know that it's really blue... :lol: I''m still struggling in the color department.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Arunijus
  • Born
  • Born
  • Arunijus

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yes, it is really blue :D I think you should work with your site design strongly, not just with colors, but also with icons, letter shrifts, etc. You just cannot offer to create a great skin, when your own skin look like this.

Good luck!

Arunijus
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Arunijus wrote:
Yes, it is really blue :D I think you should work with your site design strongly, not just with colors, but also with icons, letter shrifts, etc. You just cannot offer to create a great skin, when your own skin look like this.

Good luck!

Arunijus

Thank you for that review... you are the first poster to notice something about my site (probably because you are the first poster :shock: :lol: )

Can you please tell me what is wrong with the icons and letter shrifts? Also, please extend on that etc as I'm not sure what you mean by that
  • Zealous
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Sydney

Post 3+ Months Ago

well what could i say about it, hhmm well 1) the edges are square and i don't like square stuff. If your going to have a thin site in such small scale i would suggest expanding the gfx menu wider so it does not look like a blotch in the middle and then it drops off without a border.

Still think it needs more work but yea for a template site it just does not make me feel like buying a template if that is the main site then the quality of the work that i may buy will be the same.

This is just being honest, look at any template distro site and they have a very clean setup, take template monster for example. Everything is clean and slick as.
  • ActionJackson6
  • Born
  • Born
  • ActionJackson6

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey, I like the idea and where you are going with it. Just needs to be a little more clean and crisp. Your site should speak volumes for the work in which you are capable of providing.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers