SITE REVIEW: SMALL BUSINESS SOLUTION

• Prime
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: Liverpool

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey,

I was doing a bit of an experiment with rails and jquery. i wanted to see how easily i could embed ajax into the design whilst keeping it fully unobtrusive (ie: it still works with JS turned off). I think i'm there with a "single page load" solution. Only loads once, everything after is ajax, both frontend and backend cms. It's maybe a bit OTT (?) but i combined it with an SME solution for peeps requiring a non transactional web presence. I'm kinda proud of it. Never seen a single-page-load solution before and it taught me a lot of about CSS/design, i had to rework it many many times :? :cry:

http://contentgateway.co.uk (ignore the name, some spare domain i have)

Cheers, Prime... :D
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

You might want to add something to let people know they need to have plugins enabled for the SWF. I'm sure I'm not the only one who browses with plugins disabled by default. That big blue blank space looks like something's broken otherwise.

Now that I look at it with flash enabled, I bet setting the end result for that header image as a background-image for the container would work.

Other than that well done, I'm having a tough time finding something to nitpick. :D
  • sbrown2009
  • sbrown2009

Post 3+ Months Ago

yes SWF alternative would be nice as well.
  • Prime
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

thanks joebert, good idea.
  • rhwebs
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • rhwebs

Post 3+ Months Ago

None of your links work when javascript is turned off. That's really unacceptable as there are plenty of people who turn off javascript for security reasons.
  • Prime
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

rhwebs wrote:

Quote:
"None of your links work when javascript is turned off. That's really unacceptable as there are plenty of people who turn off javascript for security reasons."

can you please elaborate :?: you have offered no detail information, merely a random derogatory comment. forgive me but i don't believe you. i think you are telling a porky for self-promotional purposes. it was the whole point of the exercise.
  • rhwebs
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • rhwebs

Post 3+ Months Ago

Sorry, I didn't mean to offend you. I turned off javascript when I was on one of your content pages and that broke the navigation. In the real world no one is ever going to do this. It was my mistake. Your site works fine if I turn off javascript before I navigate to your home page. You did a great job. It's a really great technique. Again, sorry that I was mistaken, I didn't mean to make you angry.

Best regards,

Rick

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 7 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers