SITE REVIEW: Small Company Site

• ausmeister
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • ausmeister

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ok, once again thanks to everyone for their input for my last site, invaluable feedback! So, while still tying up the loose ends of the ICT website, I took a break, and threw this one together over a couple of days. It's a holding site for a large company who I think will be replacing it with a CMS in a few months, and wanted something to tide them over till then.

Anyway, they simply stipulated clean, with lots of whitespace.. so hopefully that's what you'll think!! For those in the know, xhtml strict, CSS, AAA, 508 valid as usual (their requirements also on the accessibility stuff).

Those using Firefox, Netscape & Opera get the enhanced (okay buttons are linked at the bottom work!), while those on IE won't get linked buttons at the bottom.. just the way the CSS worked out. I've done my best towards graceful degradation as it were through IE 5, & IE 5.5. Majority of traffic will be in IE 6 though. :(

Since this page uses php includes, I can't getv the bobby validator to parse the page. Does anyone know of a good AAA validator I can link through to? I'm using Cynthia says says for the 508 link, but would love to complete the set with an AAA link (plus show some knowledge to the client!) :D

One last thing, I have yet to receive the copy hence the random generated text (which is actually quite funny in its own right!), so ignore for now.

Anyway, C&C very much welcome, be as harsh as you like, it's always the best way to learn! ;)

http://www.merseysidecharities.co.uk/plusgroup_beta/

Will be adding a small accessibility link about the site to the page in a while so don't worry if it's not there.. it will be! :)
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• daremedy
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • daremedy

Post 3+ Months Ago

I honestly dont have a clue what to critique with this site, seems rather flawless. It'd make it more fun if you threw in a couple of mistakes for us. :roll: You've satisfied virtually all standards and threw in a rather awesome looking site to boot. You definitely achieved the whitespace effect you were aiming for. It actually works well with the whole site environment, so it doesnt give off an unfinished look. All I can say is job well done.
  • soulseek3r
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • soulseek3r
  • Loc: Guyana

Post 3+ Months Ago

oh damn...sweet. very sweet. I respect it. Also no comments from daremedy....ha...you have my respect.
When i saw it it definitely without a single doubt gives that professional and corporate feel with the look and feel of modern websites.
  • SSH-Raj
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

wow that is a sweet job!

the one thing that i didn't like was the heading letter spacing on the left.
  • hazza
  • Born
  • Born
  • hazza
  • Loc: Bath, England

Post 3+ Months Ago

yeah, i love the simplicity of it all. works really well. im not sure about the spacing of the text in the main section, but that's just a personal preference thing.

nice one!
  • The Engineer
  • Born
  • Born
  • The Engineer

Post 3+ Months Ago

Looks great! I like the use of white space and the clean layout. The color scheme is great the rollovers are subtle but noticeable. Overall I'd say one of the better sites I've seen posted on here for review lately.

Overall Great Effort!
  • logoleptic
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Kansas, USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Absolutely outstanding. The look and the code are both very clean, very professional. Well done! :)
  • jlknauff
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

As someone that loves a crisp clean design - I have to say I love it. Great choice of colors and great use of white space.
  • mighty b
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • mighty b

Post 3+ Months Ago

looks and feels very nice. However it does not look like its capable of handling lots of content. Just thought you might want to expand the menus a little bit.
  • ausmeister
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • ausmeister

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks to everyonew who has checked out the site, and replied! I've had nothing but positive feedback on this one, so lets hope the client thinks so to! Should hear back from them today.

I reckon the site itself could handle quite a bit of content.. whack in a CSS drop down and it could be fairly extensive.. BUT that's not it's purpose.. it's a, as the client dubbed it, a "mini-site" (!) (who makes these phrases up! ;) ), and the number of pages will be 5 max, so no worries! Thank you everyone, at least I have some backup now when they start arguing!
  • farmer_Tom
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • farmer_Tom
  • Loc: Oaklahoma

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well, I'm always an advocate for simple and functional designs and you hit bullseye here. I like how the site has a general theme of colors (you'd be surprised how many webmaster have a rainbow throughout their pages) and a clear design that loads fast. Applause and Encore!
  • skyweb
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • skyweb

Post 3+ Months Ago

Im another person who really likes simple designs, for me this website is great, I really can't spot any problems within it and it conforms to standards, its simple to use and I especially like the header images, its one of the best designs ive seen for a long time, really is exceptional, well done. :lol: :iconthumbright:
  • nale_xy
  • Born
  • Born
  • nale_xy

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like this design. clean and nice.
:D
  • MyIP
  • Born
  • Born
  • MyIP

Post 3+ Months Ago

O_O

why is the home page so random?

it is okay otherwise....

layout is niced even though it is generated...
  • flashback10
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • flashback10

Post 3+ Months Ago

Great job on the site. I love the simple layout and color scheme. I questioned the double spacing of text myself at first, but I think it makes it easier to read. It creates a nice clean look. Keep up the great work.

maria-

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 15 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers