SITE REVIEW: SmoothieKingJohnsCreek.com

• Smoothie
  • Smoothie
  • Loc: Johns Creek, GA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello Everyone! I am in the process of opening up a new cafe business and as a true geek, I have already created the website for it eventhough I am still 2 months away from opening. It will be a cyber cafe / Smoothie place.

Please let me know what you think of the web site so far: http://www.SmoothieKingJohnsCreek.com

Your comments are greatly appreciated!

-Smoothie
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• auctionbump
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • auctionbump
  • Loc: Baltimore

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey nice site, good luck in your new business you should do really well with all the GLOBAL WARMING Hoopla.....
  • chiara
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • chiara
  • Loc: Santa Clara, CA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Smoothie

Your site is so fresh, good for you! I very much like the color combination, the interesting layout - great job!

Just a few small notes from me:

- on some pages the text is a bit difficult to read, there are no headings, no highlighted text - everything is just poured out in plain style. You might want to visually outline the main points in the text by making some words bold, etc, makes it easier to read

- I don't think there's need for mouseover effect for the logo...it moves currently on rollover

- there is some error when you click contact us page

- in join mailing list form when I enter an invalid email (i.e just some dummy text) an error pops up and the form gets cleared. It's good to introduce some email format validation so people don't misspell their emails by chance

- it would be good to add a print version of the map (e.g some pdf), currently if you print the contact page w/ the map only a small portion of the map will appear

That's from me. As I said - I like the site a lot and wish the best of luck to your new business!

Rgds

Chi
  • universal
  • Born
  • Born
  • universal

Post 3+ Months Ago

Colors used in site are very nice!
  • Smoothie
  • Smoothie

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks everyone for the feedback. I appreciate the input!

-Smoothie
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius
  • Loc: South-Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

Please think about preloading your rollover images ... to some people it may look strange that they have to wait for the rollovers to load ...

Check also the w3c validator for 33 errors in your HTML ... http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http% ... ype=Inline ...

But yeah ... I like it ...
  • Smoothie
  • Smoothie

Post 3+ Months Ago

righteous_trespasser wrote:
Please think about preloading your rollover images ... to some people it may look strange that they have to wait for the rollovers to load ...

Check also the w3c validator for 33 errors in your HTML ... http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http% ... ype=Inline ...

But yeah ... I like it ...

Hmm... I thought I was preloading the images. Perhaps you are mousing over before they are completely preloaded. Or maybe I am doing something wrong. I would appreciate it if you can take a look at the code and see whats wrong with the preloading.

-Smoothie
  • rayrip
  • rayrip

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like the way the pictures stand out from the page.

Although it's just a bit hard to read the purple text on yellow, it looks nice overall.

I believe in NOT underlining anything unless it's a link, no way, no how.

Also, on your menu, put pictures on the items or make thumbnails where they can click on the thumbs to see the entire beautiful picture in at least 640 x 480 resolution.

I was getting hungry, just need more pics of your products... every product IMHO.
  • Archimedius
  • Born
  • Born
  • Loc: Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

I believe if one ever has the urge for a smoothie while browsing the web and were to stumble upon this site, there will be a pretty penny rolling your way to the bank.

The reviews by rayrip and chiara are quite on point. There are no headache like adjustments to be made to this website as interested buyers will not be worrying about the techie stuff. After placing myself in the place of the customer, the only thing I would worry about is the quality service and secured ease of transacting business from the client's end.

On a technical note, since this is a venture aimed at filling orders from a radial customer base(local buyers focused website), I would go ahead and install a customer feed-back blog, forum maybe, and perhaps offer specials and discounts to these users as a loyalty reward program.
This is only a suggestion as I believe the interativity formula that encourage customers to hang around on you website would go miles with a commercial venture having a web presence.
  • Smoothie
  • Smoothie

Post 3+ Months Ago

Archimedius wrote:
On a technical note, since this is a venture aimed at filling orders from a radial customer base(local buyers focused website), I would go ahead and install a customer feed-back blog, forum maybe, and perhaps offer specials and discounts to these users as a loyalty reward program.
This is only a suggestion as I believe the interativity formula that encourage customers to hang around on you website would go miles with a commercial venture having a web presence.

Excellent ideas. I am working on creating a forum for the site. I just need to test out a few forum applications and to generate some good content. Customer feedback blog sounds really good also. I do have the email newsletter where i would give out discounts, coupons, etc..

-Smoothie

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 10 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers