SITE REVIEW: SnG-gfx

• blazer3321
  • blazer3321

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello everyone please can you review http://www.SnG-gfx.tk it is a site for people getting used to or need help in photoshop or other grahpic programs

We have just begain and we are looking for ways to improve our site for the graphics community.
  • blazer3321
  • blazer3321

Post 3+ Months Ago

No result yet :|
  • Seymour Butts
  • Seymour Butts

Post 3+ Months Ago

I don't think there is enough contrast between the text and the background color.

I think the header it too tall and a bit of wasted space. I would shrink it down and put some text at the top about what the forum is about.

Looks good though.
  • blazer3321
  • blazer3321

Post 3+ Months Ago

Seymour Butts wrote:
I don't think there is enough contrast between the text and the background color.

I think the header it too tall and a bit of wasted space. I would shrink it down and put some text at the top about what the forum is about.

Looks good though.

Thanks
  • ak1394
  • ak1394

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well, the site layout seems a bit distracting. In my case, the entire top of the screen is taking by the graphics and a music player. If I didn't knew it was a forum, I would have not idea it is.
  • mindfullsilence
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

I understand why the playlist is there, you want to convey ambiance; but I agree with the others, it takes up a little to much space, try working it in with the header somehow and shrink it down a bit. I also noticed your header is a little oversized in two ways. It's visually distracting because of it's dimensions but is also a large file at 182 kb. Since the background it sits on is a solid black background, change it from a .png image to a .jpeg with a black background so it still looks like it blends; this should bring down the size considerably. Remember that a lot of people are still on dial-up. The navigation bar on the left side is using the same images as the top navbar, but it almost looks out of place. Try giving it a different look that helps it compliment the space it's in. Also, and this is a personal opinion, the donation button on the top left is generic. Look into making your own donation button that matches the color scheme of the site.

Other than that (all first impressions) I like the color scheme though I would put a little higher contrast between the text and background. It's a nice site. I may sign up for it. Well done.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 6 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers