SITE REVIEW: Snugtech.com - Safari screenshots of your site

• jackdaniels
  • jackdaniels
  • Loc: Italy

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi, I've created a tool for webdesigners that may want to check their websites using Apple Safari but don't have access to a Mac machine.

http://snugtech.com/safaritest/

This is a beta version, but seems to work in most cases... Any suggestion is welcome! I hope it could be useful...

The service will be free as long as my Mac can run it.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: up a tree

Post 3+ Months Ago

That is a very useful tool jackdaniels. At present I use http://www.danvine.com/icapture/ which has a huge backlog of people waiting for screen captures, so get ready to be pounded once the word gets out! :D

I love the design, it is clutter free and also gives a full screen shot of the entire page, not just what can be seen in the browser window without scrolling.

The only thing I find difficult to see is the text along the bottom. I presume they will eventually become links, they seem a little hard to read to me.

Nice work!
  • jackdaniels
  • jackdaniels

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thank you musik!
Now the text on the bottom should be readable also on other browsers...

I have tried iCapture but it didn't work for me :(

Does somebody know if there are other free services that return windows/linux screenshots ?

Bye
  • musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

The font is still rather blurry, I'm using FireFox. Maybe if you made it the same as the content text, that would work? Seems the problem is with whatever font you've chosen for the 'footer' tag. Seems it may not be standard.

iCapture is hard to get onto these days due to it's popularity. He has had to make it so you sign up and use keys and all these kind of things.

I don't know of one that does windows/linux screenshots and I am sure I would have heard about it on Ozzu as being a webmasters hang out - there is a lot of useful websites that get passed around.
  • jackdaniels
  • jackdaniels

Post 3+ Months Ago

This is strange... Are you sure that you are not loading the old cached css file ?

Now the footer text is set like every other <p> tag on the page...
  • musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

you are right it was loading the old file. that looks much better.

I like how you have now mirrored the site in other languages, that is a better idea than to mix it all up.

well done and i wish you all the best with it. i have bookmarked it :D
  • jackdaniels
  • jackdaniels

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yes that's much better now... 3 languages mixed up wouldn't make it very usable!

Bye
  • Digitelle
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: BRKLYN-NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have the same problem as jackdaniels. I am a mac user and have been since I started messing with computers, (I started with video not webdev)

I have resorted to asking my Dad (he is an old Access guy) for one of the PC laptops he has lying around to do browser chex. Either that or I have to use the video encoders at work, which run on windows, but they crash all the time...
  • jackdaniels
  • jackdaniels

Post 3+ Months Ago

Digitelle, try this service:
http://browsershots.org/

is very slow but gives you screenshots of your site in various browsers and o.s.

Bye
  • grinch2171
  • Genius
  • Loc: Martinsburg, WV

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like this. I never knew a service like this existed. Very nice and simple design. I'm sure you know this but the links at the top go no where.

My site looks good in Safari, which is good to know for my Mac friends out there. I'm definitely bookmarking this one.
  • jackdaniels
  • jackdaniels

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thank you Grinch :-)
You're right, I do know that links at the top are not working, but at the moment I don't have time to create the missing pages...

However, ASAP I'll add some nice new functions...

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 11 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers