SITE REVIEW: Social Networking - Matchmaker

• armin3d
  • armin3d

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi
my site is running and up for a while, but it have not earned enough members to be a good place for matchmaking.
I mainly want to focus on how users feel on my site, so i can improve it and earn more members.
it is a social networking site.

Special Thanks. I am waiting for your review.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• armin3d
  • armin3d

Post 3+ Months Ago

Five day and no review?
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Actually it hasn't been quite that long because it was locked for a time while you complied with our board rules, which we appreciate.

I think there are several reasons for problems with your membership. The site, while being clean, and not-cluttered, really doesn't provide a whole lot of motivation to sign up.

Let me give you one positive. I do like the map you have that shows how many members you have from various locations around the world. However it also gives you some clues why your membership is suffering. In the largest countries there are very few members. Primarily all of your members (over 3200) are in India. In the US where I live there are only 444 members. As a prospective member, I would not be at all interested in signing up to a love/dating/friends site, when there is almost zero possibility that anyone would live in my area. And I'm not going to contact someone from India for a date. Sorry - but that's just reality.

The other thing that is hurting you, is there is nothing on your home page to spark interest. First of all all your featured members are very young attractive women. This assumes you are targeting young guys because there is no way you knew I was a guy viewing your site to show me women instead of men. Real world is all kinds of people sign up for dating sites, and most are NOT young, and beautiful women.

In addition you really don't offer, or at least you don't advertise any of the features that the major (already successful sites) have, such as chat, live webcams, etc. Not to mention the ones already successful are networked with other sites and use the same database for it's membership.

If you want an example to compare what you are doing wrong to a site that is doing it right, just view passion.com

The only way you are going to make your site work is to do it like they are.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 3 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers