SITE REVIEW: Solaris Designs

• solaris
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: NC

Post 3+ Months Ago

Solaris Designs Minisite

Hey guys, Its been a really long time since I last posted here. I think design-wise and capability-wise, I have matured a great deal. I've been working on a new concept for my site. Its almost finished, but I would like to hear some critique about what I've already completed.

I would extremely appreciate it if anyone NOT using IE or slimbrowser could take a look at it and note any oddities or unusual occurences, mainly because I don't take in a large consideration for cross-browser support.

Just to give a heads up, the 'contact' and 'my works' sections are still under construction, so if you get no response, this would probably explain it.

Also, ignore the fact that I am not using a dedicated server/domain, I lost what I had when I went to basic, and everything expired on me.

Other than that, any feedback is appreciated and suggestions will always be taken into consideration. Thanks!
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• webia
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • webia
  • Loc: Romania

Post 3+ Months Ago

WOW. looks great. Can`t wait to see it finished. To tell you the truth, I opened your website, and was about to complain that contact / my works doesn`t work, but then I read your post here ;)

Nice background sound. It is quite chillin`. Perhaps the best choice when seeing a portfolio or something similar.

I also like the footer random quotas.

You said something about cross-browser. There cannot be any unusual occurrences other than people just not seeing your website because they don`t have flash installed. So, if you built up a flash detector, so if the visitor doesn`t have one, is redirected to download the plugin. This would be a great thing.

And, if you have time, perhaps you could create a html alternative for the website.

I think it loads a bit slow, or you have some kind of delay between the pages. If the second is true, perhaps you should reduce that delay time a bit.

I`d love to see your website in my ranking system dude. You`re way talented.
  • solaris
  • Student
  • Student

Post 3+ Months Ago

I want to set up a loading system, because each of the sections is externally loaded, hence the 'delay'. The cross browser thing was because in the past I have had some issues with the way fonts appear on different browsers. In past sites, my text would crumble or split apart in firefox. I want to deal with this issue now instead of down the road.

thanks for the crits ;)
  • Benat
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Only complaint I would have is the fact the white box at the start of the website doesn't tell me to click here to enter, I was sitting here for like a minute before I worked out I needed to click on it :P hehehe

Other then that I love it!
  • solaris
  • Student
  • Student

Post 3+ Months Ago

lol, i'll fix that :D
  • CircleOfLinks
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Sydney

Post 3+ Months Ago

yeh i agree Benat, add 'click here to enter' also for some reason i had to click on it a few times to enter. it would move around but just woundnt enter till a few clicks later. but i liked it overall.
  • solaris
  • Student
  • Student

Post 3+ Months Ago

I can't explain that, never had that as a result. But I'll check it out =)
  • SpooF
  • ٩๏̯͡๏۶
  • Bronze Member
  • Loc: Richland, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

CircleOfLinks wrote:
yeh i agree Benat, add 'click here to enter' also for some reason i had to click on it a few times to enter. it would move around but just woundnt enter till a few clicks later. but i liked it overall.

That is browser security. You have to click a flash document before activeX will let it interact.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 8 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers