SITE REVIEW: My Soul's Inspiration. Please review.

• SoulDesigns
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Karachi, Pakistan

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi. Community 8)
Please review my site http://www.souldesigns.net , it's the hardcore enthusiasm of a web/graphics designer(that's me), and let me know what u think.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Roxy
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

wow very nice - very talented - i really like the site great job :)
  • Roxy
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

oh the only think i would like to add not sure if i missed it is there a non-flash area for the folks on 56k?
  • Truce
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Truce
  • Loc: Washington DC

Post 3+ Months Ago

LMAO! All of this flash and no sound!?!?!? What is up with that?

-The flash is a bit to "Hey look at me!!" and takes to long to let the visitors view your page.

-Your site doesn't really tell visitors what you do when you visit the page, it just gives them some little spiel about evolution.

-There is no SEO except for the Meta tags, in fact the engines can;t even read your text!

-The text is poorly aligned, and since you are using flash, could be a better font. (Services Page)

-The little bar at the bottom of the pages doesn't really fit in with the torn paper look of the rest of the page.

-Your logo is a little choppy looking.

-The site is kinda linkless and dead.

-The percentage doesn't show up when the page is loading even though there is a spot for it.

-All of this fancy flash and no contact form? I would seriously consider getting one.

-A PR of 0 isn't going to help get you customers! I would quit spamming message boards and do some affiliate linking and/or paid advertising.

-I liked your old site a lot better. I also think that the header is better.....that is this one: http://souldesigns.net/portfolio/images ... _r1_c2.jpg

-You were a little better off with this site as well: http://www.souldesigns.net/portfolio/fi ... h/main.swf
  • SoulDesigns
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

:) man. there are alot of problems you described. However for the search engine i might let you know that http://www.souldesigns.net have a PR of 5/10 at google and about the same for Yahoo. The page ur watching have 0 PR because it's launched a few days ago. the percentages doesn't show in some files cause the files are very small 10-30 KB they load in a fraction. and I did not put Sound into Flash cause i don't want to disturb people who are already listening to music or doing their own work while surfing the web and they just want to shut the sound off. and there is a bandwidth and readability issue with the current font i have on the site, i want people to read easily and use the system's default font for making files lighter.

However thanks alot for your criticism I will try to make my site better considering your suggestions.
  • Truce
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Truce
  • Loc: Washington DC

Post 3+ Months Ago

Then why use flash for the text????

About Sound: That is why people put a little button on the site to turn it off. Also, I know you can control volume in flash as well, and I was talking about little clicks and swooshes and such to help depict the animation and rollovers.

I checked http://www.souldesigns.com on the PR and it had 0. http://www.souldesigns.net. had a PR of 5.
  • canadianguy33
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • canadianguy33

Post 3+ Months Ago

Overall I like the concept very much but the site could use some polishing.

The white text seems a little harsh against the nice background you have. Why not soften it up by making it grey?

The green pakistans independence...seems out of place

Other than that and maybe making your body text grey and adding some pictures I think you have a winner here.
  • neksus
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

i really like the colour scheme, very soft, but gets the point across. the rain in the splash (tears?) seems symbolic with that guy there, nice touch

truce: who cares if he doesn't have sound?! all it would add is pointless loading time that he obviously doesn't want. throwing in sound for the sake of having sound is almost pointless! (although some nice echoed reversed muffled screams would be creepy on the mouseovers! lol)
  • SoulDesigns
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

I agree to Neksus's point that sound would add alot of file size to the flash site although I have the original sound track done for the site, but I intend to throw a broadband intro and a demo reel whenever I get enough time to do so.

However I will try to make things better as per your suggestions and Thank you all who have and will review my site. 8)
  • Abelius
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Miami Beach, FL, USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Never saw such a long list of criticism... Totally out of place, even though a forum is made so people can disagree (cordially)...

I liked it very much, and THERE IS A CONTACT FORM...!!! :)

CONGRATS!
  • rumka
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • rumka
  • Loc: Russian Federation

Post 3+ Months Ago

To my opinion, design is great. But I flash looses its effect is there is no music. ( and synchronization with animations. )

But I really liked the site.

Good luck.
  • DemonPixels
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

I personally don't use flash, I try and design sites to get the attention with little or no animation...but you have a great looking one, well done and yeah I agree, flash and sound go together well. Nice one!
  • SoulDesigns
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks to all people who reviewed my site :)
  • gaparker
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: England, uk

Post 3+ Months Ago

That site is really good! the graphics are amazing
  • ¤¤GAMER¤¤
  • Born
  • Born

Post 3+ Months Ago

ì Lìcked ¥Öûr §ìte
  • awilkins
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

Your website is amazin!ow long did it take u 2 do.da graphics r amazin!
  • frank_tudor
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Plattsmouth, NE

Post 3+ Months Ago

It is a solid site!

I see you have used elements of flash and (swift 3D).

If you used some other 3D package please correct me.

Are us using macromedia generator? If not, might want to look into it.

Any serverside scripting?

The only though I could advise, and this is only my opinion, is to offer a non-flash site with the same design concepts.

BTW, you have great art skills.
  • Toyminator
  • Student
  • Student
  • Toyminator
  • Loc: Amsterdam, The Netherlands

Post 3+ Months Ago

Great website!

Only one thing tho:

The font sucks, you should use Tahoma or verdana
  • soulseek3r
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • soulseek3r
  • Loc: Guyana

Post 3+ Months Ago

nice site, nice loading, nice flash but i agree with that guy..sound would be nice. I love it tho.
  • SoulDesigns
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

You are right Frank, I used Swift 3D and I am running PHP as a server side script, as you see a small contact form in the Contact Us area. :)

Thanks for all of your comments.
  • jlknauff
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

SoulDesigns wrote:
However for the search engine i might let you know that http://www.souldesigns.net have a PR of 5/10 at google and about the same for Yahoo.

Common misconception-PR really has VERY LITTLE to do with SERPS placement. Search for your KWs in a search engine and see what effect your techniques really have on that-you will be (unfortunately) suprised

On the other hand-I love your design - layout & color choices...very rarely can I say that I have no complaints on that side of things.

If your search engine rank is not important to you then you are dead on the money right now-if it is important, then I would sugest taking a look at optimizing your site for better results (HTML vs Flash, proper use of HTML tags, naming of files & directories, so on & so forth)
  • vdesigns
  • vdesigns
  • Loc: india

Post 3+ Months Ago

i liked your site. I can see a lot of hard work has gone into it. the flash is really done well.
i am a bit cnfused about the name of the site.
I wouldn't call it particularly sticky as there is very little content.
But overall a well designed or shall i say a site with a new look.
  • RBeau
  • Student
  • Student
  • RBeau
  • Loc: Aurora, CO

Post 3+ Months Ago

Soul Design, I really like your site, I visited all of the sites n your portfolio, and I really like it... If I could afford someone to help me with my site I would definately use your site to get a price quote. You have obviously spent a lot of time and effort putting together your site, and I get the impression that your team takes pride in web design and you are good at it.

This is one of those sites that I feel happy when I look at it it is pleasing to the eye and easy to navigate through and find what I want to look at.

I was thinking about the way the "services" page looked, and maybe it would be a little easier to read if it was a "bulleted" list? that is just my opinion, I think it would be easier to just glance at and find out if you offer services that I am looking for without reading through the whole paragraph... That is just my opinion though.

Robert
  • melikesmoney
  • Born
  • Born
  • melikesmoney

Post 3+ Months Ago

really cool site :shock: great job
  • saybrah
  • Student
  • Student
  • saybrah

Post 3+ Months Ago

Truce wrote:
LMAO! All of this flash and no sound!?!?!? What is up with that?

lol.

i like the look of the site although some of the tears in sheet look a little to sharp might want to soften them up
  • SoulDesigns
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

:P Thanks to everyone giving their comments. I will make changes in the site's next version as I am not able to find time to work on my own site ;) surrounded by projects and work. :D

thanks again to ya'll.
  • intrepid design
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: Chicago

Post 3+ Months Ago

My suggestion is on the home page, make your logo smoother, you can see the faces of the poly model quite clearly, i would add more faces and make it smoother, i would also tilt it to face the viewer a little more, as it stand right now, the logo dosnt read well because of the angle.
  • voycieh
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Poland, Warsaw

Post 3+ Months Ago

It's very good looking site! Clean & simple - that's what i like. You chose very proper font for menu labels.

I dont like this music symols on top... i think You should put there some empty space.

My sugestion - use Tahoma for all other txt.

Marcin

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 28 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers