SITE REVIEW: C--Source.com

• Rapt0r
  • Student
  • Student
  • Rapt0r

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm working on a clan (gaming) website. It's for the game Counter-strike Source, and I'm wanting to make it into a clan website.

Right now there isn't much content as I'm mainly focusing on the layout and page transitions (since I'm using flash).

This is really my first fully flash website. Constructive criticism is needed and welcome.

Thanks.

It is located here: http://www.c--source.com/newtest/Levels.html
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Tom the Great
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: B.C., Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

The text on the buttons should really be larger or different colour, or something. They are pretty hard to read.

also for the other pages, I suggest a different colour combination, maybe a dark colour with light text (not white on black though) since it's a little hard on the eyes to have all that white, then a black background.
Also see if you can make it just normal page instead of a text box.
  • David26
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • David26

Post 3+ Months Ago

Me being a CS Source gamer, this site really doesnt capture the feeling of the game. Perhaps some added cool screenshots of your clan owning people would be a good place to start ;) You may also want to include more unique content to keep your clanmates and other visitors coming back for more. Also loose the text buttons, and although I am not a fan of background music playing in the background, the song does add a soothing touch to the site's atmosphere, however may not be very appropiate for a Counterstrike site.
  • samohtwerdna
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Denver, Colorado

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like the site.

The content container is cool, and I like the brushed metal look. The two things that don't work well for me are:
1.) The main nav buttons are confusing. (text should be clearer, and maybe a cleaner texture or background)
2.) The white text boxes that fill your container are an eye-soar. (consider a dark gray back ground with light gray text)

I seems a little demanding on memory (my computer is super slow though, 256mb Pentium 2)
  • ktata57
  • Born
  • Born
  • ktata57

Post 3+ Months Ago

yes your site is a complete flash site and i appreciate for the flash design used although I personally do not advise greater use of flash as it adds to the page size and it makes page load slowly.

Morever i feel there should be some text on a webpage. For example see http://123-homebiz.com
  • daremedy
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • daremedy

Post 3+ Months Ago

ktata57 wrote:
For example see http://123-homebiz.com

Lol. 3 posts on ozzu all with the same closing statement. Convenient.
  • Global
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Global

Post 3+ Months Ago

Little bit too long to load...

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 7 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers