SITE REVIEW: Sportznow.com

• DavyDuke17
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • DavyDuke17

Post 3+ Months Ago

I started this site in early November and its not finished completely design wise because alot of the time is spent updating news and stuff. I'm alot more knowledgeable about Sports than I am at web design and that why I'm here, so please give me some feedback. Also, besides design I'd like some info on how I could customize my forum a little more and how to get my site is some search engines without paying TO much (I've submitted free to about every search engine a while ago without any results). Thanks for looking: http://www.sportznow.com
  • Nova00
  • Nova00

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nice clean site.
For search engines. You need title (which you have) Description Meta(none) and Keywords Meta (none)
though many may argue whether a search engine will use your meta its still needed to have a bot crawl you.
hope this helps
  • DavyDuke17
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • DavyDuke17

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for pointing out the meta tags, I had them done but since I work with a team of people someone must've forgot to get the new one with the tags and uploading one without it over it. Thanks lot.
  • tabish
  • tabish
  • Loc: india

Post 3+ Months Ago

Heading and Descripting has different Font faces, somewhere you have used Arial, Georgia, Times New Roman, and some where Verdana. To much font faces makes it a bit confusing. try to use one or not more than two font face. and arrange tables a bit too. at the bottom one table is long and another one is very short. try to arange table and then you will see that it is more more in rythem.

Regards.
Tabish
  • CLKeenan
  • CLKeenan

Post 3+ Months Ago

nice looking site, but just make sure you don't let your affiliates + advertising take over. Don't give up prime home page space to sponsors unless you need to
  • digitalMedia
  • a.k.a. dM
  • Genius
  • Loc: SC-USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey, there were a couple things I noticed that I wanted to point out.

It looks as if the logo has been compressed as a jpg and then recompressed as a gif. It would be nice if you could get a cleaner version. The color seems kinda flat, like an over compressed jpg.

On the design side, I think the comment about unifying your font selections is a good. Have you thought about breaking up the style of the columns a little bit? Maybe just the nav and 4th columns? Just a suggestion, anyway.

HTH! (:
  • DavyDuke17
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • DavyDuke17

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for the new reviews! Well, I'm finding it hard to balance the content for my home page and at the same time try to get some links to get my PR's up on search engines. In the future when more people have applied for my link exchange then I will be able to balance some more content. Also, the collumns do kind of look boring, I always wondered how designers had the curved look for the top of tables of navigation menus without putting pictures in. Anyways, thanks for the responses.
  • bluedragon
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • bluedragon

Post 3+ Months Ago

Cool Site

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 8 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers