SITE REVIEW: Statistical Web Marketing with RSS and Widgets

• comicracy
  • comicracy

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think you need to speak in more simpler terms. Most people wont know what you are talking about, like me. I might just be stupid tho.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• eautocad
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Spring Hill, Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

I updated the site again, now it features over 1,000 blogs from blogspot indexed with traffic rank, inbound link count, blog reaction count, pagerank, and of course its free. What's the possibilities with indexing blogspot? Lots of traffic. Give it a try, and let me know your opinions on this theory.

Post relevant comments on blogspot you'll get targeted traffic. Use our SQL search engine and the term "Blogspot" or dig through the 1,000 blog's. It's a really cool SEO tool. Please review it! Thanks!
  • eautocad
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

make that 1800+ blogs and I submitted to about 100 of them and the result was nearly a triple in my traffic, conversions, pageviews, etc per day. The effect was immediate. I urge some of you to try it and review it immediately. It's like free money laying around if you've got the right site to promote.

Shoot for the high pr, low alexa, high inbound count, and high blog buzz entries. Make sure its relevant or it will count against your PR score.

:D Happy hunting!
  • SimplyBusy
  • SimplyBusy

Post 3+ Months Ago

I am still confused. Good thing I read your post first. Bad design. Try simplifying your layout with a simple template. Currently, I am baffled as to your objective on the site.
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

There are a couple problems I foresee with your site...

1) The logo... Make it stop... PLEASE!!!
2) The site... Tad bit too plain in my opinion... well, no, it's perfect I just don't like how everything is in one line and centered... Maybe make something like...
Code: [ Select ]
|----|-------------------|
| |                  |
| |---------|---------|
| |         |         |
| |         |         |
| |---------|---------|
| |                  |
|----|-------------------|
  1. |----|-------------------|
  2. | |                  |
  3. | |---------|---------|
  4. | |         |         |
  5. | |         |         |
  6. | |---------|---------|
  7. | |                  |
  8. |----|-------------------|

(The left spot is the menu. Just a suggestion... I don't like scrolling if I can avoid it. Try to uncenter the content... or center like the columns...
  • eautocad
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks guys! This forum rocks! It's nice to have expert opinions!

The objective of the site is somewhat advanced, and it's kind of hard to understand. There's basically three things you can do with my site!

1. Backlinking and Link Building
2. Blogspot Advertising and Surf
3. Local Professional Finder

All of the above are amplified by the fact you have these statistics provided to you while you search:

Traffic
PageRank
Inbound Link Count
Blog Reaction Count

Knowing the above qualities about a website before you engage it speeds up the process of finding exactly what you want. No more dead end pages, (Ranks high it is worth your time)

Is there any way that I can convey the purpose of this tool better on my website?
  • eautocad
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like that layout idea bogey, I'll see what I can do... I kind of implemented that into the introduction page

It's harder to edit the actual directory itself than just the intro page, but I'll see if I can manipulate it to look similar to the intro page.

sry for split post !
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey

Post 3+ Months Ago

Order the findings by PR if you didn't do that yet.
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius
  • Loc: South-Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

I can't stand it ... please make that header thing stop ... it's unreadable and it looks cheap ... damn I'm feeling sea-sick now ... Seriously if I came to that page and I wasn't giving a review I would've left before even reading anything ...

Okay, where to start ... let's start from the beginning here. firstly I think you should fix those 62 validation errors ...

Then, that menu that follows you around is really annoying me ... I like it more when a menu stays where it is originally ... and again as I said, please make that header stop ...

What am I supposed to enter in the search box? what am I looking for? I can see that it's a SQL search engine, but what does it search for?

Then, nowhere on the site is a description of what it does, it's just a bunch of stuff, so like bogey said, it is disturbing with everything just in one line all down the middle ...

And how about some styling? you know, CSS and so on ... get some rollovers going, a proper colour scheme ... a nice layout ... (and by layout I don't just mean throw everything in one line down the middle) ...

I didn't through this whole review go any further than the home page ... I'm sorry, it just bothered me too much ...
  • eautocad
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

I redid the front page again, this time it has a better layout and more color.... I'll try to do organize by specifics, but I'm not sure if its possible. The flashing banner at the top is to try and add some flash to it ya know... Make it alive. With some added color from fun affiliates, it might not be such an eye sore. Take a look again and lemme know how it goes :D

Thanks to all
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius
  • Loc: South-Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

I don't see any difference ... ?
  • eautocad
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

there was small changes, mostly addition of affiliate content. I also fixed all of the numbers on the directory.
  • eautocad
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

I did some major graphic changes, the site should seem more friendly now and not so spammy.. Yuck spam, hock phew.
  • rebel_christ
  • rebel_christ

Post 3+ Months Ago

To be honest the site looks quite cheap and therefore if I was looking to use that sort of thing I wouldn't trust it. It needs cleaning up a bit- keep the menu where it lives, and the script making the text rotate around the cursor is distracting. Think of us poor folk with bad eyesight and short attention spans- all these distractions make focusing on anything very difficult.
I'd overall look at how easy on the eye the site is, there's too much going on and it's too clashy, for my tastes anyways.
  • Jade456
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: Las Vegas

Post 3+ Months Ago

Backlink surfing...who does that anymore? :P
  • eautocad
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Great reviews everyone, I'll make some changes and post when they're done. Thanks again!
  • t-nine
  • Born
  • Born
  • t-nine

Post 3+ Months Ago

The site looks alright. Im not a fan of the floating AdSense box... Neat tool, but I dont quite understand how it works :o
  • eautocad
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thank you for the review. I need to work on getting the point of it across as soon as you enter, let me work on that and I'll post when it's finished.... Slowly but surely this thing will be right ;-)

THANK YOU OZZU!!!
  • eautocad
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Okay I added lots of reading material to the first page to get you interested in what it does...
  • stephenlane80
  • stephenlane80

Post 3+ Months Ago

sorry but i think the main page is very spamish, too many adds, need to tone them down a bit, and add a bit of colour !
  • annat
  • Born
  • Born
  • annat

Post 3+ Months Ago

No design, and the banner read in the eyes
  • eautocad
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Your right it was really spammish, and since I changed the front page my views per visitor dropped from average 25 to 3. My returning visitor dropped from 70% to 30%. That page is crap, and I changed it again. No advertising visible upon first impression! I also took out the header ad's that appear through out the directory and search engine. I think that less will be more, please check it again and let me know what you think!
  • ziipa
  • Born
  • Born
  • ziipa

Post 3+ Months Ago

Great directory! Clean design
  • eautocad
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thank you everyone for encouraging me to clean it up. It was spammish, and my traffic suffered because of it. Now that I've gotten my act together, maybe it will take off. Where do you think a tool like this could end up? Is there enough customer base out there to utilize this tool? I need to keep crawling for more and more in order to maximize the customer base. Real estate would be a good one, but the blogs and the backlinks are two home runs in my opinion. That's a killer advertising package for free. The best part is that you can view it all by statistics, so it eliminates the guess work of building good PR and quality traffic. I'm probably the only person in the world that's happy to see 6,000+ places to advertise for free based on traffic, popularity, reach, and quality. ;-)

I also updated the technorati blog count to be larger, so the more green you see the better. Pagerank and blog count are green and next to each other, so that part of the screen gets greener when quickly scrolling or hunting for the goodn's :mrgreen:
  • eautocad
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have a question for those of you have have submitted reviews. Have any of you used the tool for its purpose? All the reviews I've read so far have been about the way it looks, rather than how it functions. I'm sure that my spammish setup throwing adsense down your throats didn't help get to the point of the site. I think now its much cleaner!

So if you could, please use the tool to advertise your website. Let me know how the reaction is.

I used the blogs for advertising and noticed an immediate 3-5x increase in traffic after submitting to only 100 entries out of the 2,000+; I am continuing to use this tool to this day sparingly, because I don't want to overload my servers. Yes it's that real. :D

When I used the link building "2,000+ Backlinks" tool, my site bolstered up to PR2, 286k alexa, and about 1,000 page views per day. Being that this was and is my base level of traffic, utilizing the blogs for random spikes of traffic seems acceptable. Some other sites that don't want to go through the 2,000+ link building site submissions can skip that and go to the blogs for instant traffic. The blogs don't last as long as the link building sites do, regarding the increase of traffic.

I'm curios as to how this tool will react with other websites. I've used it for two, and I'm getting ready to start the third. One site, http://www.eautocad.com became the largest online consultancy of engineers, architects, designers, and CAD operators in the world with around 800 professionals world wide ( IN ONLY 8 MONTHS!!!!) The tool discussed above is partially responsible for eautocad's success, being that I was able to focus on job posting sites that were high in traffic, quality, reach, and popularity. I used this tool privately before I released it in january of 2008 so I could build my consultancy to international levels.

This marketing tool is cutting edge, but it's sort of advanced and takes TIME to use. It's not a quick fix, it's something you work at every day until you see success. It took me from august 07 until december 07 to build up enough spread to release it public in jan of 08. I was comfy to let it go, and figured it would generate some extra revenue to help advertise my fresh company. It was out of this thinking that http://www.xxixbeijingolympics.com was born as well. This site is doing OK, but I haven't even began to work on it via therankdirectory.com's backlinking and blogging marketing tools. The consultancy is taking up too much time for me to bother with that site. IT could also use a facelift too, but i'll get around to it soon.

I look forward to your reviews and theory's upon the functionality of the tool as opposed to the cosmetic spam mess I had created in the beginning LOL. What do you all think about looking at internet marketing by statistics?

What do you think about the possibility to scan through over 4,000 free sites to advertise anything with pagerank, traffic rank, inbound link count, and popularity buzz presented to you in real-time?
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey

Post 3+ Months Ago

Please uncenter the think and create a basic layout for it. It seems very unorganized. If you need help with the design, I can create a basic 2-3 color template for you (greyscale and white). The "layout" you currently have makes me crazy. I'm sorry.

Also, the header... it's not going anywhere so please Please PLEASE make it STOP. I really want it to be at one spot. Yeah, you don't have to do everything we ask for but please make a uncentered actual layout and make the header STOP!!!

Might be a little easier to use.
  • jfrasier
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Palm Beach Gardens, Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

Unfortunately, I would have to say that the site is terrible in design. The functions of the site as a directory aside, there is no real type of branding, structure of navigation. Just a bunch of links and banners justified center. No work with CSS or stylesheets at all.

Design is the delivery of information in a creative manner. Laying the text and content to a grid, using color theory, and directing the visitor or viewer to where you want them to go, saying that, there is no direction.

Also, I would recommend providing some way for the visitors to distinguish between in site links and external links.
  • eautocad
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

The cosmetic stuff seems like it needs to be in order before the functionality can be presented adequately.

Ok well I edited the entry page, to where you just go straight to the directory rather than through a welcome area. The welcome area is still available through and "Introduction" link in the top right corner. This will help those that want to get a feel for the site.

I also removed all advertising from the entry page, and made it much cleaner. There's a quick note in the center of the page directing people interested in the marketing aspect to the correct categories which are bold and right beneath the message.

check out videos about this tool at http://www.youtube.com/eautocad
  • eautocad
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

with the new entry page, or lack thereof, my bounce rate dropped from 70 to 30%.

These site reviews work, because I think multiple heads work better than one. Thank you ozzu!~
  • rhwebs
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • rhwebs

Post 3+ Months Ago

Maybe I am a little too late. I registered for your site. It tells me to click on the add URL buttons but there are no buttons. All I see is google ads. Are you trying to coerce people to click on your ad links? If you are doing that it is illegal and you are ripping off the pay per click advertisers and you should be reported!
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 130 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers