SITE REVIEW: Statistical Web Marketing with RSS and Widgets

• eautocad
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Spring Hill, Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

noooo way thats not right at all. I'm sorry I didn't catch that in the edit, I'm fixing it right now. When I redid the header, I deleted that. My intentions were not as you put for click illegalities I ensure you that.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention, I've addressed all members regarding this bug. I couldn't figure out why it was dropping like a brick lol.

DUR :mrgreen: :oops:
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• eautocad
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

You know it's amazing what a second set of eyes can pick up. I work with the site so much, it's like it all turns to mush after a while. thanks again ;-)

This is funny. Try out the flood control by repeatedly pressing the search button within a 2 second time frame for our search engine. Make sure your speakers are nice and loud for best effect. :twisted:
  • eautocad
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Anyone try out the flood control? It makes me laugh lol.
  • jfrasier
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Palm Beach Gardens, Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

Man this is the last time I am commenting on this post. eautocad will you stop bumping this post to get people to use your tools, that is not the reason behind this review forum.

I have sent a request to the forum moderators, hopefully they do something about it.

I would suggest that no one else reply to this post, so that we can focus on people actually looking for a review, not to get to use tools.

I can understand bumping it once or twice if you don't get reviews but this is getting out of hand.
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius
  • Loc: South-Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks J.
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

Actually this is what the Website Reviews forum is for & having read through this thread all I see is someone making progress on their website.

Anyone who does not approve of the process eautocad is going through should navigate to eautocads profile and add them to your ignore list via the add foe link found towards the bottom-left of the profile information.
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

This is him asking for review after every tool has being added and he wants a good review because he really cares about his site :) I would do this too once I get my site up and running :lol:
  • eautocad
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

????? I thought this thread was for website reviews???? Sorry I asked about the flood control thing twice, I just thought it was funny.

You know what else is funny? Because Jfrasier posted that, there's been more posts than when I ask for another review.. My site is still getting bumped to the top, but this time its thanks to Jfrasier. LOL that backfired didn't it pal

"I'm gonna tell momma mod on you" Jfrasier (Ozzu's new taddle tale)

Dude don't try to impress the mods here by being a brown nosing taddle tale. Just as in k-12, no one likes them here either. The mods are nice people and they will help you build your site better as they have done mine, there is no need to try and politically bolster yourself into their kinship.

Now who's post was more destructive? Lfrasiers which completely threw this thread out of subject (REVIEW MY SITE) into something dumb. Being that Lfrasier is a beginner, I'd say not only is this member a taddle tale, brown nosing sociopath, they're probably a troll.

REGARDLESS of what some believe, I'd like to reiterate what I asked before..

I need someone to try out the functionality of the site regarding the 2,000+ blogs and 2,000+ backlinking tools. I've used them, and they are working well. I have 300k alexa, and 500k alexa with both PR2 sites :D I'm happy for my first year of website building. Is this a good accomplishment? I think so. :D

Thank you everyone for your reviews, and as you know I do make modifications based on suggestions. That's what this thread is for! Not trolling lol
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey

Post 3+ Months Ago

How do I add links to your directory? I click on "Links" (after registering and logging in) and it leads me to login.cgi thing...
  • eautocad
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Bogey,

Thank you for helping me with the tool. I removed the add url links from the front page because I didn't want to "ask for money" as soon as people enter. Most of my advertising is based on the 2,000+ blogs and 2,000+ backlinks which is free, so I'm trying to avoid any $ signs on the entry page. I placed an Add URL link on the homepage. Thanks for catching that! Thank you for helping me build my site too, you've been helping since day one. :mrgreen:
  • eautocad
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have a question for the forum. How can I integrate my xbox live account into this website? I was thinking about incorporating a live webcam onto my video game screen when I play and placing it in rankdirectory TV area.

Also, what do you think about my TV section? Clever or stupid? LOL

Thanks everyone
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey

Post 3+ Months Ago

eautocad wrote:
I have a question for the forum. How can I integrate my xbox live account into this website? I was thinking about incorporating a live webcam onto my video game screen when I play and placing it in rankdirectory TV area.

Also, what do you think about my TV section? Clever or stupid? LOL

Thanks everyone

You don't need any gaming stuff on a directory and you certainly don't need that TV thing... in my opinion it is stupid so sorry if I'm bashing some of your dreams :lol: my opinion. It is unnecessary to have a TV? section in a web directory... so I suggest you remove it. If it is like some SEO Advise or tutorials on how to use your site's features in the optimal than you can use it for that.

I don't think you need all that.

(Ummm... I just now tried to log in at it gave me the following error:

"This account does exist but has not been activated. Please request that the activation email be resent to your email address so that you can activate the account."

But the problem with that error is that I have activated it. That's how I noticed that error than and posted that here. What gives? I'll retrieve the email again and see what I will get...

I just "re-activated" me account through my email... I will now try to re-log in...

Okay, I figured out why it gave me that error... it was activated all along I was just using the wrong password... it gave me the wrong error. Maybe fix that?

Also, a couple suggestions. When I'm logged in I still see the log-in and register link at top.

Also, when I submit a link it is kind of misleading... some of the fields I were filling out made me guess on what should go there... so I tried my best to fill it in correctly... maybe put explanation at the bottom?

Another thing that is misleading about that form is when I submit a link it leads me to a page that says I need to pay $2.50 (Something like that) for a standard link submittal, so how is that thing free? Or is it if I pick a category of 2000+ FREE BACKLINKS? :lol: I chose 2000+ Blogspot... maybe I chose the wrong category?

Also, what is the difference between a standard and premium link submittion? Maybe you should make it clear at your site?

(I will soon post my site here up for review so you would be able to return the favor :D )
  • p7
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • p7

Post 3+ Months Ago

On the home page why are there three different sets of goog ads?

And there are two sets right next to each other.

I think this is part of the reason people are making comments that the homepage seems "spammy".

I get confused by the homepage. Where should I start? When I first came to this site I probably looked at the wrong part of the homepage. I started looking at the logo that says the name of your Website and that other stuff at the very top of the homepage I ignored. I think it might be a good idea to actually put these two things in the reverse order. Put the banner at the top of the page and then the things at the very top right underneath the name of the Website. I think people just get used to almost every site having the name of the Website first and then the navigation to the various part of your site second such as help video, forum, and your very own t.v. etc..

I like the idea of a forum for this type of Website but it needs to have more places to put information than it does.

You do have several good comments about your Website in the forum but also a few posts that look "spammy" once again.

Maybe having a section for people to put their Website in or something along those lines. I think another good idea for the forum would be for help for people visiting your site for the first time. Maybe a getting started section of the forum may be in order. As even you mentioned it may take a little bit of time for people to use your Website for various purposes and this may be a good place to help some people just get the gist of your Website.

I can't think for the life of me the reason for your therankdirectory.com t.v. section on the homepage. Maybe that would be another good thing for the footer as well. But not right next to things that you want a person visiting your Website to focus on such as your F.A.Q., Logging In, Registering, and also adding a Website to your site. The last one appears to me that is one of the ways you want to make income from the Website. That whole t.v. link thing actually made me lose my concentration on the focus of your Website which is not a good thing at all.

Now I would of course like the idea of a bikini driving school but I do not know what that has to do with your Website. I was expecting this to be something like me getting more information about using your Website and why I should use your Website over another Website. Yes you can have a t.v. page if you want but have it focus on your Website and not something else please.

The reason this is not a good thing is it can distract users from even using the Website which of course you want people to do.

There are also some sites that give me a page not found error or something similar. This was frustrating for me.

It would seem to me that your site would need a "dead" links checker at least once a week if not more.

Now on the F.A.Q. page it first suggests watching a video to learn more about the site. But when I went to look for the video I did not even know where to go. Now I found the help video on the home page. I watched the video and barely knew what you wanted me to focus on which I think was submitting a site to the various Websites.

One other thing about the F.A.Q. page as well. Yes you can have a goog ad if you want but do not put it where people are trying to learn how to use your site! I was quite distracted by this as well. I would suggest putting it just below the steps in a list that you want people to read on how to use your site.

One other thing I would like to mention and a few others have mentioned it as well. The way the sites are sorted is a little strange to me. I can see the default sort is to sort the Websites by the number of hits it has. I think a few other ways of sorting the different sections of the Website may also be helpful as well to the people visiting their Website. A few other ways that your Website sections could be sorted are by the Alexa rank, the number of links in, and also the estimated page rank as well. These type of sorts as I just mentioned may help other have other uses for your Website besides the main purpose of your Website which is to give people a way to submit their Websites to various other Websites.

I think this Website is a decent idea but I think it needs a lot of work as well. And no I am not trying to be mean at all I just think there are some things that really need some work for this idea to take off. The main thing that needs to be focused on right now besides the main purpose of the Website is to explain the benefits of your Website to others in a meaningful way to them so they want to keep coming back to your Website. This could be accomplished in several ways I can think of a least and other may have some suggestions as well. Putting this in the F.A.Q. may be a good place for this and also in the forum as well. I can see that you have already put several posts in your forums already. This is not a bad idea at all if it helps people learn more about your Website.
  • eautocad
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

THANK YOU!!!! That review rocked my world, that was really good. I've got lots of work to do now.... Thank you very much! Between you and bogey this site is going to be kickenwing

It sounds like I need to work on my focusing skills--- my page isn't focused... It seems to me like it's obvious to the user that one of my top goals is affiliate revenue. I think if I tone that down a little bit, and focus on the things you stated like teaching users about the site, making the purpose more clear, and cleaning up the instructions with better videos, the site might take off.

I'm going to do some work on it to make it agree with this last review and then I'll post here when it's done! Thanks again p
  • p7
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • p7

Post 3+ Months Ago

Your very welcome for my review.

You have helped me as well though.

Some of the things I have mentioned can be useful for any Website even the one I am trying to build.

That is one of the great things about ozzu is we can learn from each other and help each other out as well.

I may actually think of other things as well. Someone mentioned earlier what is the difference between adding a standard and premium URL as well. That may be something for the F.A.Q. as well.

One other thing is what does POP! mean next to some of the names of the links. That is another thing that really confuses me. I also have the urge to click on it for some reason I can't tell you why but I feel kind of disappointed it doesn't do anything.

I think I will take another look tomorrow morning and I may well see some more things.
  • willanfei
  • willanfei

Post 3+ Months Ago

Great site but No money but buy .
  • eautocad
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

I did some work to it, check it out and let me know what you think. I updated the ADD URL system, so when you click add url it brings you to a selection page where you can see our traffic data, pagerank, etc... Reasons why you want to list your link with us! Then i allow the users to select either standard or premium, and each has a decent description.

I also changed the banner location, it looks WAY better now. I added some information to the FAQ and also uploaded a new how to video that I'm getting ready to paste the code right now, that will go in the FAQ section right at the top. It explains why users should use my site, good idea!

So far, there's now way to sort the results by pagerank, traffic, etc. I did change it to alphabetical, so at least there is some form of navigation.

I like the idea of toning down the adsense, so I'm still working on that...

please watch the new video in the FAQ and let me know what you think, does it convey the message right? Does it coherse the user into using my site adequately?

Thanks everyone!

FUBEY-- what are you talking about? Please clarify :D
  • Chief_of_Information
  • Chief_of_Information

Post 3+ Months Ago

HAte to beat a dead horse but it looks plain but there is alot of quality info!
  • Nucleo
  • SausagePorkPie
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: UK - England

Post 3+ Months Ago

remove the 100% free bs from ur siggy, because you DO have to pay for the service, it isn't 100% free.

What I would say is that you definately need to pretty it up a little, it looks very 90's
  • eautocad
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

I was guessing there would be some confusion about what is 100% free as I've had to explain this elsewhere. If you don't want to pay, you can still submit your link via our "Free Zone". I think I need to clarify that in the ADD URL page.. Thanks for the heads uP!

About the information, that is where the heart of the tool is at. It's appearance is really just utilitarian, because the statistics and indexed sites are it's true powers. It all started because I wanted a way to look at backlinking sites with those statistics provided so I could build up links for my first site, http://www.eautocad.com

That site is successful and is a fully functioning international consultancy of engineering, architecture, design, CAD, survey, etc. We've worked on Iraq projects for up to 50,000 people to occupy, to local neighborhood shed's and coding ordinances. We have also worked with the boy scouts of America for reconditioning several Florida camps. We've also worked with several fortune 500 companies in appearal, travel, and luxury. Recently we started servicing some condo's and warehouses, and we also have future plans for a The capability is there in the advertising tool, I promise you that. All of the above happened in the FIRST year during a CRUMBLING market. Have you seen the building and project market lately? It's garbage. But yet I managed to scrape up work using the backlinking tool at the rank directory. There's another local business that I'm going to apply therankdirectory to here in Florida. We'll see how that one turns out as well. I think I unlocked something by providing statistics such with such relevant topics to facilitate profiteering ventures from small and large business alike. Tick tock says the clock. This is why I have asked several times if the tool is actually WORKING for anyone else. I'm not sure if anyone else is using it correctly either, or if I even portray an adequate message about how to use the tool correctly. It appears as a directory, maybe I should change the introduction page so that the user can understand what this tool is really about. A simple directory is useless, because there is so many. But what makes this one different, is that it uses RANKS and traffic data with specialized indexed sites to allow the user to effectively advertise or market ANYTHING for free or a very minuscule budget. There are some websites in the directories that charge you for submission. These sites are rare and I normally delete them when I find them. That's why the flagging capability is there so you can comment on a link and let me know it's garbage. :D Thanks again everyone for responding, I look forward to your feedback about how the advertising tool is working for your business.
  • Nucleo
  • SausagePorkPie
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: UK - England

Post 3+ Months Ago

100% free means everything is free, some parts aren't.
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey

Post 3+ Months Ago

Like I said in my previous post... add the "Search by category" option. What if I only want to search in the "Blogspot" category and don't want to get a lot of results from all the other categories.
  • eautocad
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Cool idea bogey! I'm not sure if I can do that, but I'll try...

About the 100% free, I'll work on that. ;-)
  • mynameisx
  • Born
  • Born
  • mynameisx

Post 3+ Months Ago

nice site,
  • eautocad
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Guess what? It's 100% free to submit your links to us now. You can post your LINK for FREE now. Membership is still required, but I think that allowing free link submission should help drive some more traffic.

Any thoughts on this?
  • celandine
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Belgrade, Serbia

Post 3+ Months Ago

sounds good :D everybody likes a free service. and it will make them look twice at the rest of your offer. also I think a front-page explanation of what the thing is for would be very useful... I didn't get it on my first visit... in fact I'm still not sure I get it, but that probably says more about me than about you :D

'sides that, I get the concept of the utilitarian look, but people just subconsciously prefer to use sites with a pretty interface. It doesn't need to be complex, just schnazzy :D like... like.... this one? (just borrowed it from a few threads down...) anyhow see what i mean? still dead simple and utilitarian, but it just looks really polished and modern. pleasant.
  • thesquareone
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • thesquareone

Post 3+ Months Ago

hmm but with a page rank of 2 (currently) who would pay, im afraid to say i wouldnt pay. I think you need to build your site more with more links beofer even entertaining that...im put of paying for better ranked sites as i just dont find trhem value for money, they are pages ranked at 6 !!!

sorry to inform you, but i thought better you should know than not

good luck with it all :)
  • eautocad
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey thank you very much for the review. After trials with paid submissions, I got a good idea people won't even pay $2.25 to have a link on my site. So now, IT IS FREE TO SUBMIT YOUR LINK TO THERANKDIRECTORY.com

--->Since I changed the submission fees, you could literally see the traffic triple over night.

I'm going to work on getting across the point of this website a little better, and try to polish up the colors a bit. I hear everyone likes blue, so I'll try to use blue.

I think that using the FREE link will get the users to my site. Then I need to get them to understand what the power is that lies within statistics....
  • surogram
  • surogram

Post 3+ Months Ago

Okay, I'm a little slow, I'll admit, I like your concept, more efficient rank, but how ARe You determining Rank, is is only what people go on a day by certain sites You monitor! Looks good! Good luck with it!
  • eautocad
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Rank is determined variably amongst providers, but this is maybe something I should explain on the site. Everything is updated in real-time each time a page is loaded, so stats are ALWAYS current. :D Some people might not understand how Pagerank works, or blog buzz, etc... Thanks!

I love this review it helps me so much.. If you look at the site from day one, to where it is today, LEAPS AND BOUNDS have been made thanks to OZZU. I fully support this site and I wouldn't mind placing a reciprocal on my site mods :D
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 130 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers