• No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• eautocad
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Spring Hill, Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think that it will do much better now that you can add your URL's for free. Both premium and standard URL submission is free.

Premium gets you posted at the top of the category with a certificate displayed along with your entry. Do you all think this is a good thing or bad? Is there anything I should change or add about the premium submissions?

Standard submission is just a regular entry into our index by category and search. No certificate will be displayed, and your entry will only be displayed by relevancy to search terms and/or categorical assortment preference. Do you all think this is a good thing or bad? Is there anything I should change or add about the premium submissions?

Is there any additional statistics I should display? Did you notice the widget in the "More Info" tab? It has all statistics and gives charts. It's a great tool that lets you look a little further into the stat's of that site. Also displayed on more info, is the alexa traffic chart. I used to display the top eight backlinks but there was some issues and it no longer works. :( That was great because you could see the second level of backlinking and ensure extra relevancy!

If anyone knows where I can get a script that allows direct url placement into the script (example"script script script "Your url here" script script script") I can use it. The script needs to determine the top backlinks for the website placed in "your url here". It needs to display the URL of the backlinks at minimal. That would be a great help and who ever does this can have a free html link on the index page of TheRankDirectory.com ;-)
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Maybe have maybe 2 dollars a month for premium... otherwise everyone would be submitting premium links and you would have pages of "at the top" type of thing.
  • eautocad
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

agreed and changed :D thx bogey
  • f18nfz
  • f18nfz

Post 3+ Months Ago

you seem to be implementing a yellow white and blue theme, i think the shade of blue with your google ads is good, use this colour and put a box around the navigation links on the top left of the page, also use <hr> (horizontal rules) or some sort of table borders around the title to seperate the content better.
My advice is use some flash buttons instead of those plain hypertext links just google free flash buttons and youll have struck gold.

So your biggest problem is design and consistency, USE A TEMPLATE so all pages have a similar design like your forum has a grey coloured theme, not good.

and my advice, have a free service, and add a donate button youd be suprised how many people are willing to donate for a good service

p.s. youve got an excellent domain name and you seem to have good rankings, make your site look pro and your sorted.

if you have any questions just ask me mo@mopages.co.cc
---
http://www.MOFREEZE.com / http://www.MOPAGES.co.cc
online movies/tv/sms/freebies/tv guide
  • eautocad
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

thank you for referring the free flash buttons, I updated the site with them and it looks GREAT.. worlds better... another reason i love ozzu ;-)

Also, I updated the entry page to convey the purpose to the users immediately. As you enter, you are presented an autoplay youtube video... How do you autoplay youtube? (add "&rel&autoplay=1") or search that string on google to see the editing procedure... Anyways, that's a miracle tool and it will drive hits to the video as well as make it convenient for the users..

Check out the face lift!
  • lisaAa
  • lisaAa

Post 3+ Months Ago

I saw your email (yeah I'm one of your members ^^) Good job in the redesign. It is like 3543046545 times better now!

You're really getting somewhere I think.

Good luck.
  • dijksma
  • Born
  • Born
  • dijksma

Post 3+ Months Ago

Looks good. I have added my website to it!
  • eautocad
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thank you for your support. Every link added, the stronger the abilities of the tool become.

:D

I think it will do much better now that we offer a free link submission.. Did you know that you can submit as many sites as you want for free under the standard url submission? This gives your website a PR2 link to a 300k alexa ranked site, that turns over about 1k pageviews daily.... Not bad for free!

Thank you for the kind words as well, I take delight in helping others succeed.
  • strive4impact
  • Born
  • Born
  • strive4impact

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yah, but why not make the money from the ads, or the backend, rather than the front-end? Being a free directory submission, and being the best free directory submission, is awesome!

Being just another company I can pay to to get listed = not nearly as cool.

Just my 2 cents. I appreciate you've got to make money on it somewhere, but I would say that monetizing the backend, rather than the front-end, is your better way to go here.
  • eautocad
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

strive4impact wrote:
Being a free directory submission, and being the best free directory submission, is awesome!

That is excellent thinking, and I would have to agree that free is always better. I think that with the traffic statistics we have, a FREE URL placement on http://www.therankdirectory.com is a decent deal. PR2, in the 300k alexa, about 900 inbound links, etc... On average days, we turn over about 1000 page views! Sometimes on the higher traffic days, like WED for some reason, we can reach as high as 2500.

I'm going to keep working on adding data to the directory. Any suggestions on topics and categories?
  • eautocad
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

If you have used the tool, please vote at the top... Thanks!
  • eautocad
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey all-- I've updated again! I changed the entry banner, let me know what you think.. .I was trying to figure out better ways to convey the purpose of the website, and I think it did it with this banner...

Thanks!
  • eautocad
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quick question??

Should we make #1 picks a paid submission?

Also, I'd like to add that I've made several changes to the site, and it appears very professional now. I added another 2,000 places to advertise into the 2,000+ Blogs Directory.

Thank you ozzu for making this review place so helpful! Thank you to everyone that helped out, if you read through this thread you can see that major changes have occurred to the site. Through time and dedication, this site has come a long way. Thanks again!
  • eautocad
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

I edited my adsense layouts, will someone comb the site and check them for good placement? Thanks! Less is more, was my revision. :|
  • eautocad
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm crawling the local section as we speak, and have completed about 40% of the total category with approx 10,000 local links. They are all indexed, and viewable by the statistical information just like the link building sites.

Why index local sites? Say you want to find a good travel agent in, alabama for instance. You would find the top agents in that state viewable by pagerank, traffic, inbound link count, and blog reaction. (quality, traffic, reach, popularity)By doing this, you'll see which one is the most popular, widely used, talked about on the internet, and how many other websites are linking to that business's website! Realtors for instance, you could gauge the approximate chance of which one could sell your house quicker, or check the legitamacy and quality by which one is most widely used, traffic, ratings, etc.

I think this is a great way to get in touch with local business through the internet.

Do you think this is a good idea? Do you have any suggestions for categories? The direct link to view our local section is below... Forgive the empty categories I am crawling them as I type.... all should be done soon if all goes well!

http://www.therankdirectory.com/cgi-bin ... ocal_Stuff
  • eautocad
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ok i spent the good majority of my time this past 2 weeks building the "Local Stuff" area of our statistical search engine.

Why local stuff you may ask?
I think it's a good way to shop, buy, sell, whatever you want to do. It's also a good tool for marketers to know which land businesses around them have good website statistics. By knowing the traffic, quality, reach, and popularity about each business around you can help you make a decision whether or not to use them. Say your selling a house, would you want the Realtor with the most internet traffic and quality? Doctors, lawyers, the list goes on and on. There's almost 20,000 links regarding local topics by each US state. We are adding more daily. The following genres are covered:

# Automobile (1849)

# Business Services (1775)

# Cleaning Services (2004)

# Community Services (1102)

# Construction (168)

# Dentists (596)

# Doctors (1989)

# Education (925)

# Florist (0)

# Food & Dining (1326)

# Government (284)

# Insurance (443)

# Landscaping (0)

# Lawyers (2332)

# Manufacturing (116)

# Mechanic (0)

# Real Estate (2117)

# Shopping & Shopping Services (1111)

# Travel & Tourism (1952)

We are still working on filling all categories continuously. If you have an suggestions for categories, please let me know! Also review the tool for your local area, and see what you think. Try it out! We have, and so far so good.

Here's a direct link to our local stuff section to get started:
http://www.therankdirectory.com/cgi-bin/search/dirs.cgi?lv=1&ct=Local_Stuff

We've also made our submission service "automated submission service friendly".

:)
  • eautocad
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Holy cow your gonna love this upgrade! You now get a preview of each entry as you browse, like a thumnail of each entry! Crazy cool!!!!
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nice update, but the title and description could go to the right of the description rather than under it.
  • eautocad
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nice tip bogey! thanks for the request, i changed it.. let me know how it looks on your end :) thanks for the quick review!
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey

Post 3+ Months Ago

You should make some left padding on the description. Make some space after the image.
  • eautocad
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Good idea! thank you, will do. I added a backlink count to the entry list as it displays, pretty neat!

:)
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

The category page I looked at
http://www.therankdirectory.com/cgi-bin ... Make_Money

That page was going nuts as it was loading, expanding and contracting in width.
If you've got images or iframes on those pages you might want to see if they have width & height attributes applied. Sometimes not having those attributes will cause the browser to determining the size of elements dynamicly as the page is loading, which can cause the content to resize wildly like that in the process.
  • eautocad
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thank you joebert! I looked at the page, and it didn't seem to do that to me. However, I have encountered this issue and don't really know how to correct it. Thank you for your suggestion, I will see what i can do!

I'd like to tell everyone that we now have FREE WIDGETS that you can put on your website featuring 2,000+ Blogspot blogs, 2,000+ Wordpress blogs, and 2,000+ Backlinks ! Allow your users to have access to this great technology for free by placing our widgets on your website, blog, etc.

I like this idea, and I think it will be useful. Any blog that offers a connection to almost 4,000 others should be considered decent. Any website offering 2,000+ backlinks is going get better notoriety! I hope we can help you succeed, I'm trying my best :)

:) http://www.therankdirectory.com
  • braveheartcheng
  • braveheartcheng

Post 3+ Months Ago

The web design looks too plain. And, a little messed.
  • eautocad
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Here is the blog that we created to help split up server loads when downloading the widgets and rss feeds;

http://rss-backlinks.blogspot.com/

It's pretty snazzy, let me know what you think! I also included the faq and direction information.
  • gsexdotus
  • gsexdotus

Post 3+ Months Ago

cool website , thanks for sharing
  • jackdelamare
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • jackdelamare
  • Loc: Guernsey, Channel Islands, UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

It's a good site full of information but I found the design quite basic but over-flashy. There are too many flashy images like the Search and Browse one, although they'd work in a site which has a similar design, they seem to look a little odd here.

Some of the images have been compressed which makes them look quite pixely which is always quite a bad thing.

I would also suggest changing the font as Times New Roman is basic... although that's just my opinion on that font. I don't find it looks good in websites.

Apart from that the website is quite good with some very good information and links.
  • eautocad
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thank you for the review, I will take into consideration your opinion as of have all reviews here and make appropriate changes. This review thread is a great help to having a third party opinion on a website. By far is the ozzu community the best for site review. Thank you!
  • kiranganta
  • kiranganta

Post 3+ Months Ago

The functions of ur site is good.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 130 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers