SITE REVIEW: Statistical Web Marketing with RSS and Widgets

• eautocad
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Spring Hill, Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thank you for reviewing my website.
:dollar: UPDATES!!! NOW FREE TO ADD URL TO OUR DIRECTORY IS $9.99 Lifetime!!!!!! WOO HOO :dollar:
The Rank Directory--- Real-Time Statistical Search Engine and Browser(RTSSE)
http://www.therankdirectory.com

UPDATED!!! New features like:
http://www.therankdirectory.com/cgi-bin/search/dirs.cgi?lv=1&ct=Local_Stuff Local Stuff !!!! Browse by category and state for local businesses, doctors, lawyers, surgeons, government, education, and more! 36,000 links total!

Coming Soon! RSS Feeds for Local Stuff and Widgets! Soon you'll be able to display by state and following categories:

# Automobile (1849)

# Business Services (1775)

# Cleaning Services (2004)

# Community Services (1102)

# Construction (310)

# Cosmetic Surgery and Enhancement (3512)

# Dentists (2041)

# Doctors (1989)

# Education (925)

# Florist (1975)

# Food & Dining (1327)

# Government (2299)

# Insurance (1571)

# Landscaping (0)

# Lawyers (2332)

# Manufacturing (116)

# Real Estate (2115)

# Shopping & Shopping Services (1910)

# Travel & Tourism (1952)

RSS FEEDS & WIDGETS !!! Now you can display thousands of free advertising links, link building, or blogs! This is some new technology that we are trying out over at TheRankDirectory.com and we feel it's a great way to allow our users to take advantage of our technology with out actually going to our website while simultaneously allowing them to put our information on their website to help build credibility, traffic, return visitors, etc. I'm sure having 6,000 places to advertise for free on your website is going to help drive traffic.
http://rss-backlinks.blogspot.com/

PLACES TO ADVERTISE FREE
2,000+ Blogs indexed
-Blogspot
-Wordpress

2,000+ Link building sites indexed
-various backlinking sites most free some paid

Real-Time Statistical Search Engine (RTSSE) Technology--->

The basic idea behind this site is that you can browse places to submit for backlinking by traffic data. By using this "Browse by Traffic" method, it can allow you to place your backlink in either high/med/low traffic websites. You can also see the traffic patterns of the website for the past few months prior to submitting. The entire website is 100% free and does not require membership. This design helps maximize your time spent towards actual submissions instead of searching for places to submit.

Please review this website and the tool itself by using it and then checking your backlinks, traffic, sales results, etc. This will take some time to complete, because the backlinking process can take up to 3 weeks to register.

I look forward to the results and I do thank you in advance.

Keeping Great Tools Free,

TheRankDirectory.com

EXCERPT FROM FRONT PAGE OF SITE

What is RTSSE?
Real-Time Statistical Search Engine '''R.T.S.S.E.''' is the act of displaying standardized statistics about websites in real time as the user either browses or searches to facilitate decision making based on traffic, popularity, and quality.
RTSSE stands for "Real-Time Statistical Search Engine"; which allows users to view the internet by it's standardized ranking systems. Pagerank, Alexa Traffic, Technorati Blogger Buzz Count, and Inbound link counts are all displayed in "Real-Time" as you browse or search. We crawl for new sites everyday, so check back often for updates. Everyone loves RTSSE, and everyone will bennefit from it's use. Did you know that by using RTSSE for your internet marking, you help create a more relevant internet? We use this RTSSE for backlinking, link building, search engine optimization, internet marketing and advertising, and just every day common browsing. Whether your looking for online games, doctors, lawyers, or places to advertise your website or business, real-time statistical search engine technology can and will help you succeed.
POPULARITY + QUALITY + TRAFFIC + REACH = SUCCESS

2,000+ Free Backlinks- Why?
If you are building an online business, the easiest way to immediately generate revenue is to utilize affiliate advertising and targeted traffic. In simple terms, this means that you are running advertisements on your website (like what you see here) that are aimed at what the viewer needs. Targeted traffic is when you effectively market your website to the people that would be interested in your advertising, product, or service. By using the 2,000+ Free Backlinks tool, you can effectively use the internet as a marketing tool, for free.

2,000+ Free Blogs- Why?
Another tool to be used for internet marketing, this also allows the user to find targeted traffic similar to the 2,000+ Free Backlinks tool. By marketing your product through relevant blogs you can bring more targeted traffic to your website. Although it is generally an online marketing tool, it can be used by bloggers for multiple reasons. The possibilities are endless, but one example is that you might want to post comments on other blogs that are similar to yours but with higher traffic, popularity, and quality. This will naturally bring more targeted traffic to your website.

About RSS Instant Feed
We offer an instant way to attain all of our links, but you can't view the ranking content by using the RSS. To view ranking content, you must manually browse. However, if it is your mission to have all of our links, we've made it easy. Just click the RSS button at the top of each category. It will save it to your bookmark file within your browser. From there you can use any third party software to do what you wish. We aren't responsible if you use this tool improperly.

Our Mission
To bring a free internet marketing tool to the public that is effective for the user and at the same time creating a more relevant internet. Our RTSSE technology allows users to pick the popular, high quality and traffic places on the internet to market to that are relevant to their topic. We are constantly crawling new content, check back often.
  • eautocad
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

I forgot to add that the website is primarily setup as a directory and search engine, so you can add your URL free to the website itself. Premium accounts are free too! Please check out the member services as well. I want to make sure everything is running smooth!

Thanks everyone!
  • silveraden
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

This is one of the best directories I've ever seen...good job!
  • penguin
  • Flying penguins
  • Banned
  • Loc: Behind you !

Post 3+ Months Ago

Dont like the main page, To plain for me. Other than that your website is ok.
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Why does it open the directory in a new page from the home page? It shouldn't do that. Bad idea on your site on that thing.

Not a bad idea though, +3 on that one. I probably won't use it, but I mainly don't use directories other than Google or Yahoo sometimes.
  • allremodel-com
  • Born
  • Born
  • allremodel-com

Post 3+ Months Ago

My first impression well its not good.

I use firefox and as soon as i went to your site fire prevented a pop up i hate those.

Although It took me a sec to figure out how to enter your site, rather then clicking on the video its kinda deceiving.

Seems like a good idea but add more then 3 listing on a page make it ten or give the user an option.

Allremodel.com
  • syntax_error
  • Born
  • Born
  • syntax_error

Post 3+ Months Ago

The websites design is kind of blah, and the whole website layout doesn't catch my eye. A good point though is that you kept the google ads low... if they were in my view on page load i would have complained about that. Good idea, needs work
  • weilies
  • weilies

Post 3+ Months Ago

Your site seems doesn't load up to me :(
  • virtualcity
  • virtualcity

Post 3+ Months Ago

mmm about the functions ur site is great .. but didnt like the interface actually
for great site like urs u should improve ur design
good luck
  • eautocad
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

wow thanks everyone I will see what I can do..
  • eautocad
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ok, I took in all of your suggestions and it's MUCH cleaner now.. There's also 10 hits per page.. I was doing some expirementation wth affiliate placement and my traffic started heading towards the floor. I think you all are on to something by keeping it clean. Clean it is.

What kind of color scheme should I go with? What types of cosmetic things can I do to upgrade the feel of it? There is lots of whitespace to play with... Let's have fuN!
  • eautocad
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Not to keep beating a dead goat, and making multiple posts to what appears myself LOL; but there's added functionality to the site that I didn't discuss.

I've looked at the competition, and that is the automated backlinking services. These are not good, because they don't allow the user to "hand pick" the backlinks. Only the user knows his/her business the best, therefore they should be the ones to pick backlinks. Because backlinks can make or break a page, I feel it's rude of those auto-backlink companies to automate the service and not let you choose.

What's your opinions on hand picked vs "bulk"??? Also, what do you think about putting google PAGERANK for each entry? I've heard that google will ban you if you do this and they see multiple requests from my website for PR's. Is this legit, or was this just a scare tactic to keep me from doing it? I see other directories out there doing it and they aren't banned or blacklisted... Again, help me with this too

it's great to have a good community of people to goto with questions.. I appreciate all of your feedback it really helps when designing a website! May we all prosper!
  • Bot5
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Loc: Deep Space

Post 3+ Months Ago

i Just signed up for free directory submission and within 30 mins i received email back informing me that you deleted all free submissions from your site and are now charging for this service?
  • penguin
  • Flying penguins
  • Banned
  • Loc: Behind you !

Post 3+ Months Ago

I got the same email, that does not look good for your website :P makes you look like you just after the money
  • eautocad
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yeah well I have to make money somewhere, so I'm charging to submit your site into our directory. It's cheaper than most. Sorry about the timing, but I had to make the change sometime. I paid alot of money to programmers to make this site, and I also pay alot of money to keep the database services up and running each year. I'm not looking to get rich, but I'm looking to not have to pay out of my pocket for something everyone uses.

You can still use the main purpose of the site for free, and that's the backlink surfing...That will always be free

I've updated the backlink surfing mechanism to show "alexa" "compete" "technorati" also if you hover the mouse over them you can see additional information.

This new for allows you to surf faster, and more efficiently. The new ranking mechanism is bar based, so the bigger the bar the better.. Much easier check it out and let me know what you think if this is better or not. There is some load time delay but not much.

FWIW this site is for sale now, email offers to admin@therankdirectory.com

Statistics that are relevant:

1,120 pages indexed in Google
http://www.google.com/search?q=site:www ... .com&hl=en

Pagerank:2
Alexa 231,993 (69 links in)
http://www.alexa.com/data/details/traff ... ectory.com
Compete:985961
Compete link: http://siteanalytics.compete.com/theran ... ?metric=uv
6,164 Yahoo Inlinks
http://siteexplorer.search.yahoo.com/ad ... m=i&bwmf=s
  • Bot5
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Loc: Deep Space

Post 3+ Months Ago

Not the Happy Hour i had in mind
  • eautocad
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

bot5,

I'm sorry for that bad timing. I'm sure it was a little uneasing. For that bad experience, if you submit your site again let me know what site it is and I'll let you submit a premium for free if its categorically correct.

That's $99.99 value for free. I want you to be happy, because the customer should always leave happy. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

pm me your site before or after you submit and i'll do it
  • aikabeatrice
  • Loc: Las Vegas, Nevada

Post 3+ Months Ago

the navigation looks ok but it needs to re-design. There are lots of extra space everywhere. Maybe add colors and images to look it lively. :) I'll back back again...
  • eautocad
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

You are right there is a lot of white space. Thank you for the review, and I'm glad that you'll be back. I hope you find this tool as useful as I have.

I'm not sure how to go about changing the background because the way it's setup its difficult to place things in the side's using span left/right... Check out the code and give me some ideas please? It uses tables and frames and I'm not sure exactly how to go about this.

Help!
  • eautocad
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

allremodel-com wrote:
My first impression well its not good.

I use firefox and as soon as i went to your site fire prevented a pop up i hate those.

Although It took me a sec to figure out how to enter your site, rather then clicking on the video its kinda deceiving.

Seems like a good idea but add more then 3 listing on a page make it ten or give the user an option.

Allremodel.com

I did as you requested, and my bounce rate dropped from 30 to 14%

THANK YOU :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
  • eautocad
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well the update to it didn't work out, the source wasn't ready for our load. If you noticed the page load times went to the dumps! I went back to our old source, which is much more reliable.

However, I did add a unique feature that I find very enticing. If you click more info, about each entry you will find the top 8 backlinking sites to that particular entry. This is good to see if it's quality or not.

If there is any additional tools or widgets you'd like to see on my page that you think would be helpful, please let me know! The more information the better!

You all have been so helpful already. My bounce rate is now averaged down to 14% steadily. It's amazing the help you will find on a quality forum such as this one chmyare.

;-)
  • eautocad
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey everyone, there's a new update on my site again... Now it displays PR!!! ;-) Also 20 entries per page... Check'r out
  • ZiggyILM
  • ZiggyILM

Post 3+ Months Ago

It's not showing up for me :(
  • eautocad
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hmmm... what type of browse are you using? Do you have everything enabled? email me at admin@therankdirectory.com for further help
  • Trouble316
  • Born
  • Born
  • Trouble316

Post 3+ Months Ago

Interesting concept - You must do well with the broker programs. I will say that I get nervous when things flash on the screen - like your logo. I would make it more professional. Think of yourself as a regular business.
  • saira
  • saira

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi. I have checked the website. Well, it seems good to have backlinks for free! But automated backlinks may even be of those having non relevant theme. Another thing is to "Create a Member Login" you mentioned that anybody can submit the site without LOGIN?
  • wildridge
  • wildridge

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi,

I visit and registered in your site. I though you offer your standard service for free as what I read. When I join, your site bring me to a card requesting a $9.99 payment.

That is misleading.............
  • seharness
  • Bronze Member
  • Bronze Member
  • Loc: Southern California

Post 3+ Months Ago

hi - not much time to post in depth. but i went to the site and took a gaze at it... then started to read the disclaimer and BOOM refreshed into some other place... users hate when they are not incontrol... atleast throw them a message box that tells them you are in a hurry to get them into the site and ask them if they want to be wisked away... then track the number of people that appreciate your kidnapping them...

i only looked at the redirected page for a second and saw block after block of text... no one will read it all... although i am on a laptop... so maybe on one of my wide screens it will look better as i assume all that will fit into a 24" monitor...

tired... may come back and post some more to help you streamline your user experience in my opinion... and so you are not talking to yourself anymore : - 0

Good day friend,

Jase
  • gozames
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nice site i like it, but design is not so good create header for it
  • eautocad
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Okay I did some updates to it to make the site better, can someone give it a good look? http://www.therankdirectory.com

All opinions welcome, constructive criticism would be nice.
  • comicracy
  • comicracy

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think you need to speak in more simpler terms. Most people wont know what you are talking about, like me. I might just be stupid tho.
  • eautocad
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

I updated the site again, now it features over 1,000 blogs from blogspot indexed with traffic rank, inbound link count, blog reaction count, pagerank, and of course its free. What's the possibilities with indexing blogspot? Lots of traffic. Give it a try, and let me know your opinions on this theory.

Post relevant comments on blogspot you'll get targeted traffic. Use our SQL search engine and the term "Blogspot" or dig through the 1,000 blog's. It's a really cool SEO tool. Please review it! Thanks!
  • eautocad
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

make that 1800+ blogs and I submitted to about 100 of them and the result was nearly a triple in my traffic, conversions, pageviews, etc per day. The effect was immediate. I urge some of you to try it and review it immediately. It's like free money laying around if you've got the right site to promote.

Shoot for the high pr, low alexa, high inbound count, and high blog buzz entries. Make sure its relevant or it will count against your PR score.

:D Happy hunting!
  • SimplyBusy
  • SimplyBusy

Post 3+ Months Ago

I am still confused. Good thing I read your post first. Bad design. Try simplifying your layout with a simple template. Currently, I am baffled as to your objective on the site.
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey

Post 3+ Months Ago

There are a couple problems I foresee with your site...

1) The logo... Make it stop... PLEASE!!!
2) The site... Tad bit too plain in my opinion... well, no, it's perfect I just don't like how everything is in one line and centered... Maybe make something like...
Code: [ Select ]
|----|-------------------|
| |                  |
| |---------|---------|
| |         |         |
| |         |         |
| |---------|---------|
| |                  |
|----|-------------------|
  1. |----|-------------------|
  2. | |                  |
  3. | |---------|---------|
  4. | |         |         |
  5. | |         |         |
  6. | |---------|---------|
  7. | |                  |
  8. |----|-------------------|

(The left spot is the menu. Just a suggestion... I don't like scrolling if I can avoid it. Try to uncenter the content... or center like the columns...
  • eautocad
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks guys! This forum rocks! It's nice to have expert opinions!

The objective of the site is somewhat advanced, and it's kind of hard to understand. There's basically three things you can do with my site!

1. Backlinking and Link Building
2. Blogspot Advertising and Surf
3. Local Professional Finder

All of the above are amplified by the fact you have these statistics provided to you while you search:

Traffic
PageRank
Inbound Link Count
Blog Reaction Count

Knowing the above qualities about a website before you engage it speeds up the process of finding exactly what you want. No more dead end pages, (Ranks high it is worth your time)

Is there any way that I can convey the purpose of this tool better on my website?
  • eautocad
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like that layout idea bogey, I'll see what I can do... I kind of implemented that into the introduction page

It's harder to edit the actual directory itself than just the intro page, but I'll see if I can manipulate it to look similar to the intro page.

sry for split post !
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey

Post 3+ Months Ago

Order the findings by PR if you didn't do that yet.
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius
  • Loc: South-Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

I can't stand it ... please make that header thing stop ... it's unreadable and it looks cheap ... damn I'm feeling sea-sick now ... Seriously if I came to that page and I wasn't giving a review I would've left before even reading anything ...

Okay, where to start ... let's start from the beginning here. firstly I think you should fix those 62 validation errors ...

Then, that menu that follows you around is really annoying me ... I like it more when a menu stays where it is originally ... and again as I said, please make that header stop ...

What am I supposed to enter in the search box? what am I looking for? I can see that it's a SQL search engine, but what does it search for?

Then, nowhere on the site is a description of what it does, it's just a bunch of stuff, so like bogey said, it is disturbing with everything just in one line all down the middle ...

And how about some styling? you know, CSS and so on ... get some rollovers going, a proper colour scheme ... a nice layout ... (and by layout I don't just mean throw everything in one line down the middle) ...

I didn't through this whole review go any further than the home page ... I'm sorry, it just bothered me too much ...
  • eautocad
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

I redid the front page again, this time it has a better layout and more color.... I'll try to do organize by specifics, but I'm not sure if its possible. The flashing banner at the top is to try and add some flash to it ya know... Make it alive. With some added color from fun affiliates, it might not be such an eye sore. Take a look again and lemme know how it goes :D

Thanks to all
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

I don't see any difference ... ?
  • eautocad
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

there was small changes, mostly addition of affiliate content. I also fixed all of the numbers on the directory.
  • eautocad
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

I did some major graphic changes, the site should seem more friendly now and not so spammy.. Yuck spam, hock phew.
  • rebel_christ
  • rebel_christ

Post 3+ Months Ago

To be honest the site looks quite cheap and therefore if I was looking to use that sort of thing I wouldn't trust it. It needs cleaning up a bit- keep the menu where it lives, and the script making the text rotate around the cursor is distracting. Think of us poor folk with bad eyesight and short attention spans- all these distractions make focusing on anything very difficult.
I'd overall look at how easy on the eye the site is, there's too much going on and it's too clashy, for my tastes anyways.
  • Jade456
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: Las Vegas

Post 3+ Months Ago

Backlink surfing...who does that anymore? :P
  • eautocad
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Great reviews everyone, I'll make some changes and post when they're done. Thanks again!
  • t-nine
  • Born
  • Born
  • t-nine

Post 3+ Months Ago

The site looks alright. Im not a fan of the floating AdSense box... Neat tool, but I dont quite understand how it works :o
  • eautocad
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thank you for the review. I need to work on getting the point of it across as soon as you enter, let me work on that and I'll post when it's finished.... Slowly but surely this thing will be right ;-)

THANK YOU OZZU!!!
  • eautocad
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Okay I added lots of reading material to the first page to get you interested in what it does...
  • stephenlane80
  • stephenlane80

Post 3+ Months Ago

sorry but i think the main page is very spamish, too many adds, need to tone them down a bit, and add a bit of colour !
  • annat
  • Born
  • Born
  • annat

Post 3+ Months Ago

No design, and the banner read in the eyes
  • eautocad
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Your right it was really spammish, and since I changed the front page my views per visitor dropped from average 25 to 3. My returning visitor dropped from 70% to 30%. That page is crap, and I changed it again. No advertising visible upon first impression! I also took out the header ad's that appear through out the directory and search engine. I think that less will be more, please check it again and let me know what you think!
  • ziipa
  • Born
  • Born
  • ziipa

Post 3+ Months Ago

Great directory! Clean design
  • eautocad
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thank you everyone for encouraging me to clean it up. It was spammish, and my traffic suffered because of it. Now that I've gotten my act together, maybe it will take off. Where do you think a tool like this could end up? Is there enough customer base out there to utilize this tool? I need to keep crawling for more and more in order to maximize the customer base. Real estate would be a good one, but the blogs and the backlinks are two home runs in my opinion. That's a killer advertising package for free. The best part is that you can view it all by statistics, so it eliminates the guess work of building good PR and quality traffic. I'm probably the only person in the world that's happy to see 6,000+ places to advertise for free based on traffic, popularity, reach, and quality. ;-)

I also updated the technorati blog count to be larger, so the more green you see the better. Pagerank and blog count are green and next to each other, so that part of the screen gets greener when quickly scrolling or hunting for the goodn's :mrgreen:
  • eautocad
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have a question for those of you have have submitted reviews. Have any of you used the tool for its purpose? All the reviews I've read so far have been about the way it looks, rather than how it functions. I'm sure that my spammish setup throwing adsense down your throats didn't help get to the point of the site. I think now its much cleaner!

So if you could, please use the tool to advertise your website. Let me know how the reaction is.

I used the blogs for advertising and noticed an immediate 3-5x increase in traffic after submitting to only 100 entries out of the 2,000+; I am continuing to use this tool to this day sparingly, because I don't want to overload my servers. Yes it's that real. :D

When I used the link building "2,000+ Backlinks" tool, my site bolstered up to PR2, 286k alexa, and about 1,000 page views per day. Being that this was and is my base level of traffic, utilizing the blogs for random spikes of traffic seems acceptable. Some other sites that don't want to go through the 2,000+ link building site submissions can skip that and go to the blogs for instant traffic. The blogs don't last as long as the link building sites do, regarding the increase of traffic.

I'm curios as to how this tool will react with other websites. I've used it for two, and I'm getting ready to start the third. One site, http://www.eautocad.com became the largest online consultancy of engineers, architects, designers, and CAD operators in the world with around 800 professionals world wide ( IN ONLY 8 MONTHS!!!!) The tool discussed above is partially responsible for eautocad's success, being that I was able to focus on job posting sites that were high in traffic, quality, reach, and popularity. I used this tool privately before I released it in january of 2008 so I could build my consultancy to international levels.

This marketing tool is cutting edge, but it's sort of advanced and takes TIME to use. It's not a quick fix, it's something you work at every day until you see success. It took me from august 07 until december 07 to build up enough spread to release it public in jan of 08. I was comfy to let it go, and figured it would generate some extra revenue to help advertise my fresh company. It was out of this thinking that http://www.xxixbeijingolympics.com was born as well. This site is doing OK, but I haven't even began to work on it via therankdirectory.com's backlinking and blogging marketing tools. The consultancy is taking up too much time for me to bother with that site. IT could also use a facelift too, but i'll get around to it soon.

I look forward to your reviews and theory's upon the functionality of the tool as opposed to the cosmetic spam mess I had created in the beginning LOL. What do you all think about looking at internet marketing by statistics?

What do you think about the possibility to scan through over 4,000 free sites to advertise anything with pagerank, traffic rank, inbound link count, and popularity buzz presented to you in real-time?
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey

Post 3+ Months Ago

Please uncenter the think and create a basic layout for it. It seems very unorganized. If you need help with the design, I can create a basic 2-3 color template for you (greyscale and white). The "layout" you currently have makes me crazy. I'm sorry.

Also, the header... it's not going anywhere so please Please PLEASE make it STOP. I really want it to be at one spot. Yeah, you don't have to do everything we ask for but please make a uncentered actual layout and make the header STOP!!!

Might be a little easier to use.
  • jfrasier
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Palm Beach Gardens, Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

Unfortunately, I would have to say that the site is terrible in design. The functions of the site as a directory aside, there is no real type of branding, structure of navigation. Just a bunch of links and banners justified center. No work with CSS or stylesheets at all.

Design is the delivery of information in a creative manner. Laying the text and content to a grid, using color theory, and directing the visitor or viewer to where you want them to go, saying that, there is no direction.

Also, I would recommend providing some way for the visitors to distinguish between in site links and external links.
  • eautocad
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

The cosmetic stuff seems like it needs to be in order before the functionality can be presented adequately.

Ok well I edited the entry page, to where you just go straight to the directory rather than through a welcome area. The welcome area is still available through and "Introduction" link in the top right corner. This will help those that want to get a feel for the site.

I also removed all advertising from the entry page, and made it much cleaner. There's a quick note in the center of the page directing people interested in the marketing aspect to the correct categories which are bold and right beneath the message.

check out videos about this tool at http://www.youtube.com/eautocad
  • eautocad
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

with the new entry page, or lack thereof, my bounce rate dropped from 70 to 30%.

These site reviews work, because I think multiple heads work better than one. Thank you ozzu!~
  • rhwebs
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • rhwebs

Post 3+ Months Ago

Maybe I am a little too late. I registered for your site. It tells me to click on the add URL buttons but there are no buttons. All I see is google ads. Are you trying to coerce people to click on your ad links? If you are doing that it is illegal and you are ripping off the pay per click advertisers and you should be reported!
  • eautocad
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

noooo way thats not right at all. I'm sorry I didn't catch that in the edit, I'm fixing it right now. When I redid the header, I deleted that. My intentions were not as you put for click illegalities I ensure you that.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention, I've addressed all members regarding this bug. I couldn't figure out why it was dropping like a brick lol.

DUR :mrgreen: :oops:
  • eautocad
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

You know it's amazing what a second set of eyes can pick up. I work with the site so much, it's like it all turns to mush after a while. thanks again ;-)

This is funny. Try out the flood control by repeatedly pressing the search button within a 2 second time frame for our search engine. Make sure your speakers are nice and loud for best effect. :twisted:
  • eautocad
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Anyone try out the flood control? It makes me laugh lol.
  • jfrasier
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Palm Beach Gardens, Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

Man this is the last time I am commenting on this post. eautocad will you stop bumping this post to get people to use your tools, that is not the reason behind this review forum.

I have sent a request to the forum moderators, hopefully they do something about it.

I would suggest that no one else reply to this post, so that we can focus on people actually looking for a review, not to get to use tools.

I can understand bumping it once or twice if you don't get reviews but this is getting out of hand.
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks J.
  • joebert
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

Actually this is what the Website Reviews forum is for & having read through this thread all I see is someone making progress on their website.

Anyone who does not approve of the process eautocad is going through should navigate to eautocads profile and add them to your ignore list via the add foe link found towards the bottom-left of the profile information.
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey

Post 3+ Months Ago

This is him asking for review after every tool has being added and he wants a good review because he really cares about his site :) I would do this too once I get my site up and running :lol:
  • eautocad
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

????? I thought this thread was for website reviews???? Sorry I asked about the flood control thing twice, I just thought it was funny.

You know what else is funny? Because Jfrasier posted that, there's been more posts than when I ask for another review.. My site is still getting bumped to the top, but this time its thanks to Jfrasier. LOL that backfired didn't it pal

"I'm gonna tell momma mod on you" Jfrasier (Ozzu's new taddle tale)

Dude don't try to impress the mods here by being a brown nosing taddle tale. Just as in k-12, no one likes them here either. The mods are nice people and they will help you build your site better as they have done mine, there is no need to try and politically bolster yourself into their kinship.

Now who's post was more destructive? Lfrasiers which completely threw this thread out of subject (REVIEW MY SITE) into something dumb. Being that Lfrasier is a beginner, I'd say not only is this member a taddle tale, brown nosing sociopath, they're probably a troll.

REGARDLESS of what some believe, I'd like to reiterate what I asked before..

I need someone to try out the functionality of the site regarding the 2,000+ blogs and 2,000+ backlinking tools. I've used them, and they are working well. I have 300k alexa, and 500k alexa with both PR2 sites :D I'm happy for my first year of website building. Is this a good accomplishment? I think so. :D

Thank you everyone for your reviews, and as you know I do make modifications based on suggestions. That's what this thread is for! Not trolling lol
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey

Post 3+ Months Ago

How do I add links to your directory? I click on "Links" (after registering and logging in) and it leads me to login.cgi thing...
  • eautocad
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Bogey,

Thank you for helping me with the tool. I removed the add url links from the front page because I didn't want to "ask for money" as soon as people enter. Most of my advertising is based on the 2,000+ blogs and 2,000+ backlinks which is free, so I'm trying to avoid any $ signs on the entry page. I placed an Add URL link on the homepage. Thanks for catching that! Thank you for helping me build my site too, you've been helping since day one. :mrgreen:
  • eautocad
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have a question for the forum. How can I integrate my xbox live account into this website? I was thinking about incorporating a live webcam onto my video game screen when I play and placing it in rankdirectory TV area.

Also, what do you think about my TV section? Clever or stupid? LOL

Thanks everyone
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey

Post 3+ Months Ago

eautocad wrote:
I have a question for the forum. How can I integrate my xbox live account into this website? I was thinking about incorporating a live webcam onto my video game screen when I play and placing it in rankdirectory TV area.

Also, what do you think about my TV section? Clever or stupid? LOL

Thanks everyone

You don't need any gaming stuff on a directory and you certainly don't need that TV thing... in my opinion it is stupid so sorry if I'm bashing some of your dreams :lol: my opinion. It is unnecessary to have a TV? section in a web directory... so I suggest you remove it. If it is like some SEO Advise or tutorials on how to use your site's features in the optimal than you can use it for that.

I don't think you need all that.

(Ummm... I just now tried to log in at it gave me the following error:

"This account does exist but has not been activated. Please request that the activation email be resent to your email address so that you can activate the account."

But the problem with that error is that I have activated it. That's how I noticed that error than and posted that here. What gives? I'll retrieve the email again and see what I will get...

I just "re-activated" me account through my email... I will now try to re-log in...

Okay, I figured out why it gave me that error... it was activated all along I was just using the wrong password... it gave me the wrong error. Maybe fix that?

Also, a couple suggestions. When I'm logged in I still see the log-in and register link at top.

Also, when I submit a link it is kind of misleading... some of the fields I were filling out made me guess on what should go there... so I tried my best to fill it in correctly... maybe put explanation at the bottom?

Another thing that is misleading about that form is when I submit a link it leads me to a page that says I need to pay $2.50 (Something like that) for a standard link submittal, so how is that thing free? Or is it if I pick a category of 2000+ FREE BACKLINKS? :lol: I chose 2000+ Blogspot... maybe I chose the wrong category?

Also, what is the difference between a standard and premium link submittion? Maybe you should make it clear at your site?

(I will soon post my site here up for review so you would be able to return the favor :D )
  • p7
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • p7

Post 3+ Months Ago

On the home page why are there three different sets of goog ads?

And there are two sets right next to each other.

I think this is part of the reason people are making comments that the homepage seems "spammy".

I get confused by the homepage. Where should I start? When I first came to this site I probably looked at the wrong part of the homepage. I started looking at the logo that says the name of your Website and that other stuff at the very top of the homepage I ignored. I think it might be a good idea to actually put these two things in the reverse order. Put the banner at the top of the page and then the things at the very top right underneath the name of the Website. I think people just get used to almost every site having the name of the Website first and then the navigation to the various part of your site second such as help video, forum, and your very own t.v. etc..

I like the idea of a forum for this type of Website but it needs to have more places to put information than it does.

You do have several good comments about your Website in the forum but also a few posts that look "spammy" once again.

Maybe having a section for people to put their Website in or something along those lines. I think another good idea for the forum would be for help for people visiting your site for the first time. Maybe a getting started section of the forum may be in order. As even you mentioned it may take a little bit of time for people to use your Website for various purposes and this may be a good place to help some people just get the gist of your Website.

I can't think for the life of me the reason for your therankdirectory.com t.v. section on the homepage. Maybe that would be another good thing for the footer as well. But not right next to things that you want a person visiting your Website to focus on such as your F.A.Q., Logging In, Registering, and also adding a Website to your site. The last one appears to me that is one of the ways you want to make income from the Website. That whole t.v. link thing actually made me lose my concentration on the focus of your Website which is not a good thing at all.

Now I would of course like the idea of a bikini driving school but I do not know what that has to do with your Website. I was expecting this to be something like me getting more information about using your Website and why I should use your Website over another Website. Yes you can have a t.v. page if you want but have it focus on your Website and not something else please.

The reason this is not a good thing is it can distract users from even using the Website which of course you want people to do.

There are also some sites that give me a page not found error or something similar. This was frustrating for me.

It would seem to me that your site would need a "dead" links checker at least once a week if not more.

Now on the F.A.Q. page it first suggests watching a video to learn more about the site. But when I went to look for the video I did not even know where to go. Now I found the help video on the home page. I watched the video and barely knew what you wanted me to focus on which I think was submitting a site to the various Websites.

One other thing about the F.A.Q. page as well. Yes you can have a goog ad if you want but do not put it where people are trying to learn how to use your site! I was quite distracted by this as well. I would suggest putting it just below the steps in a list that you want people to read on how to use your site.

One other thing I would like to mention and a few others have mentioned it as well. The way the sites are sorted is a little strange to me. I can see the default sort is to sort the Websites by the number of hits it has. I think a few other ways of sorting the different sections of the Website may also be helpful as well to the people visiting their Website. A few other ways that your Website sections could be sorted are by the Alexa rank, the number of links in, and also the estimated page rank as well. These type of sorts as I just mentioned may help other have other uses for your Website besides the main purpose of your Website which is to give people a way to submit their Websites to various other Websites.

I think this Website is a decent idea but I think it needs a lot of work as well. And no I am not trying to be mean at all I just think there are some things that really need some work for this idea to take off. The main thing that needs to be focused on right now besides the main purpose of the Website is to explain the benefits of your Website to others in a meaningful way to them so they want to keep coming back to your Website. This could be accomplished in several ways I can think of a least and other may have some suggestions as well. Putting this in the F.A.Q. may be a good place for this and also in the forum as well. I can see that you have already put several posts in your forums already. This is not a bad idea at all if it helps people learn more about your Website.
  • eautocad
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

THANK YOU!!!! That review rocked my world, that was really good. I've got lots of work to do now.... Thank you very much! Between you and bogey this site is going to be kickenwing

It sounds like I need to work on my focusing skills--- my page isn't focused... It seems to me like it's obvious to the user that one of my top goals is affiliate revenue. I think if I tone that down a little bit, and focus on the things you stated like teaching users about the site, making the purpose more clear, and cleaning up the instructions with better videos, the site might take off.

I'm going to do some work on it to make it agree with this last review and then I'll post here when it's done! Thanks again p
  • p7
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • p7

Post 3+ Months Ago

Your very welcome for my review.

You have helped me as well though.

Some of the things I have mentioned can be useful for any Website even the one I am trying to build.

That is one of the great things about ozzu is we can learn from each other and help each other out as well.

I may actually think of other things as well. Someone mentioned earlier what is the difference between adding a standard and premium URL as well. That may be something for the F.A.Q. as well.

One other thing is what does POP! mean next to some of the names of the links. That is another thing that really confuses me. I also have the urge to click on it for some reason I can't tell you why but I feel kind of disappointed it doesn't do anything.

I think I will take another look tomorrow morning and I may well see some more things.
  • willanfei
  • willanfei

Post 3+ Months Ago

Great site but No money but buy .
  • eautocad
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

I did some work to it, check it out and let me know what you think. I updated the ADD URL system, so when you click add url it brings you to a selection page where you can see our traffic data, pagerank, etc... Reasons why you want to list your link with us! Then i allow the users to select either standard or premium, and each has a decent description.

I also changed the banner location, it looks WAY better now. I added some information to the FAQ and also uploaded a new how to video that I'm getting ready to paste the code right now, that will go in the FAQ section right at the top. It explains why users should use my site, good idea!

So far, there's now way to sort the results by pagerank, traffic, etc. I did change it to alphabetical, so at least there is some form of navigation.

I like the idea of toning down the adsense, so I'm still working on that...

please watch the new video in the FAQ and let me know what you think, does it convey the message right? Does it coherse the user into using my site adequately?

Thanks everyone!

FUBEY-- what are you talking about? Please clarify :D
  • Chief_of_Information
  • Chief_of_Information

Post 3+ Months Ago

HAte to beat a dead horse but it looks plain but there is alot of quality info!
  • Nucleo
  • SausagePorkPie
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: UK - England

Post 3+ Months Ago

remove the 100% free bs from ur siggy, because you DO have to pay for the service, it isn't 100% free.

What I would say is that you definately need to pretty it up a little, it looks very 90's
  • eautocad
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

I was guessing there would be some confusion about what is 100% free as I've had to explain this elsewhere. If you don't want to pay, you can still submit your link via our "Free Zone". I think I need to clarify that in the ADD URL page.. Thanks for the heads uP!

About the information, that is where the heart of the tool is at. It's appearance is really just utilitarian, because the statistics and indexed sites are it's true powers. It all started because I wanted a way to look at backlinking sites with those statistics provided so I could build up links for my first site, http://www.eautocad.com

That site is successful and is a fully functioning international consultancy of engineering, architecture, design, CAD, survey, etc. We've worked on Iraq projects for up to 50,000 people to occupy, to local neighborhood shed's and coding ordinances. We have also worked with the boy scouts of America for reconditioning several Florida camps. We've also worked with several fortune 500 companies in appearal, travel, and luxury. Recently we started servicing some condo's and warehouses, and we also have future plans for a The capability is there in the advertising tool, I promise you that. All of the above happened in the FIRST year during a CRUMBLING market. Have you seen the building and project market lately? It's garbage. But yet I managed to scrape up work using the backlinking tool at the rank directory. There's another local business that I'm going to apply therankdirectory to here in Florida. We'll see how that one turns out as well. I think I unlocked something by providing statistics such with such relevant topics to facilitate profiteering ventures from small and large business alike. Tick tock says the clock. This is why I have asked several times if the tool is actually WORKING for anyone else. I'm not sure if anyone else is using it correctly either, or if I even portray an adequate message about how to use the tool correctly. It appears as a directory, maybe I should change the introduction page so that the user can understand what this tool is really about. A simple directory is useless, because there is so many. But what makes this one different, is that it uses RANKS and traffic data with specialized indexed sites to allow the user to effectively advertise or market ANYTHING for free or a very minuscule budget. There are some websites in the directories that charge you for submission. These sites are rare and I normally delete them when I find them. That's why the flagging capability is there so you can comment on a link and let me know it's garbage. :D Thanks again everyone for responding, I look forward to your feedback about how the advertising tool is working for your business.
  • Nucleo
  • SausagePorkPie
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: UK - England

Post 3+ Months Ago

100% free means everything is free, some parts aren't.
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey

Post 3+ Months Ago

Like I said in my previous post... add the "Search by category" option. What if I only want to search in the "Blogspot" category and don't want to get a lot of results from all the other categories.
  • eautocad
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Cool idea bogey! I'm not sure if I can do that, but I'll try...

About the 100% free, I'll work on that. ;-)
  • mynameisx
  • Born
  • Born
  • mynameisx

Post 3+ Months Ago

nice site,
  • eautocad
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Guess what? It's 100% free to submit your links to us now. You can post your LINK for FREE now. Membership is still required, but I think that allowing free link submission should help drive some more traffic.

Any thoughts on this?
  • celandine
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Belgrade, Serbia

Post 3+ Months Ago

sounds good :D everybody likes a free service. and it will make them look twice at the rest of your offer. also I think a front-page explanation of what the thing is for would be very useful... I didn't get it on my first visit... in fact I'm still not sure I get it, but that probably says more about me than about you :D

'sides that, I get the concept of the utilitarian look, but people just subconsciously prefer to use sites with a pretty interface. It doesn't need to be complex, just schnazzy :D like... like.... this one? (just borrowed it from a few threads down...) anyhow see what i mean? still dead simple and utilitarian, but it just looks really polished and modern. pleasant.
  • thesquareone
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • thesquareone

Post 3+ Months Ago

hmm but with a page rank of 2 (currently) who would pay, im afraid to say i wouldnt pay. I think you need to build your site more with more links beofer even entertaining that...im put of paying for better ranked sites as i just dont find trhem value for money, they are pages ranked at 6 !!!

sorry to inform you, but i thought better you should know than not

good luck with it all :)
  • eautocad
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey thank you very much for the review. After trials with paid submissions, I got a good idea people won't even pay $2.25 to have a link on my site. So now, IT IS FREE TO SUBMIT YOUR LINK TO THERANKDIRECTORY.com

--->Since I changed the submission fees, you could literally see the traffic triple over night.

I'm going to work on getting across the point of this website a little better, and try to polish up the colors a bit. I hear everyone likes blue, so I'll try to use blue.

I think that using the FREE link will get the users to my site. Then I need to get them to understand what the power is that lies within statistics....
  • surogram
  • surogram

Post 3+ Months Ago

Okay, I'm a little slow, I'll admit, I like your concept, more efficient rank, but how ARe You determining Rank, is is only what people go on a day by certain sites You monitor! Looks good! Good luck with it!
  • eautocad
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Rank is determined variably amongst providers, but this is maybe something I should explain on the site. Everything is updated in real-time each time a page is loaded, so stats are ALWAYS current. :D Some people might not understand how Pagerank works, or blog buzz, etc... Thanks!

I love this review it helps me so much.. If you look at the site from day one, to where it is today, LEAPS AND BOUNDS have been made thanks to OZZU. I fully support this site and I wouldn't mind placing a reciprocal on my site mods :D
  • cubi
  • cubi

Post 3+ Months Ago

i like this site. great job.
  • eautocad
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think that it will do much better now that you can add your URL's for free. Both premium and standard URL submission is free.

Premium gets you posted at the top of the category with a certificate displayed along with your entry. Do you all think this is a good thing or bad? Is there anything I should change or add about the premium submissions?

Standard submission is just a regular entry into our index by category and search. No certificate will be displayed, and your entry will only be displayed by relevancy to search terms and/or categorical assortment preference. Do you all think this is a good thing or bad? Is there anything I should change or add about the premium submissions?

Is there any additional statistics I should display? Did you notice the widget in the "More Info" tab? It has all statistics and gives charts. It's a great tool that lets you look a little further into the stat's of that site. Also displayed on more info, is the alexa traffic chart. I used to display the top eight backlinks but there was some issues and it no longer works. :( That was great because you could see the second level of backlinking and ensure extra relevancy!

If anyone knows where I can get a script that allows direct url placement into the script (example"script script script "Your url here" script script script") I can use it. The script needs to determine the top backlinks for the website placed in "your url here". It needs to display the URL of the backlinks at minimal. That would be a great help and who ever does this can have a free html link on the index page of TheRankDirectory.com ;-)
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey

Post 3+ Months Ago

Maybe have maybe 2 dollars a month for premium... otherwise everyone would be submitting premium links and you would have pages of "at the top" type of thing.
  • eautocad
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

agreed and changed :D thx bogey
  • f18nfz
  • f18nfz

Post 3+ Months Ago

you seem to be implementing a yellow white and blue theme, i think the shade of blue with your google ads is good, use this colour and put a box around the navigation links on the top left of the page, also use <hr> (horizontal rules) or some sort of table borders around the title to seperate the content better.
My advice is use some flash buttons instead of those plain hypertext links just google free flash buttons and youll have struck gold.

So your biggest problem is design and consistency, USE A TEMPLATE so all pages have a similar design like your forum has a grey coloured theme, not good.

and my advice, have a free service, and add a donate button youd be suprised how many people are willing to donate for a good service

p.s. youve got an excellent domain name and you seem to have good rankings, make your site look pro and your sorted.

if you have any questions just ask me mo@mopages.co.cc
---
http://www.MOFREEZE.com / http://www.MOPAGES.co.cc
online movies/tv/sms/freebies/tv guide
  • eautocad
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

thank you for referring the free flash buttons, I updated the site with them and it looks GREAT.. worlds better... another reason i love ozzu ;-)

Also, I updated the entry page to convey the purpose to the users immediately. As you enter, you are presented an autoplay youtube video... How do you autoplay youtube? (add "&rel&autoplay=1") or search that string on google to see the editing procedure... Anyways, that's a miracle tool and it will drive hits to the video as well as make it convenient for the users..

Check out the face lift!
  • lisaAa
  • lisaAa

Post 3+ Months Ago

I saw your email (yeah I'm one of your members ^^) Good job in the redesign. It is like 3543046545 times better now!

You're really getting somewhere I think.

Good luck.
  • dijksma
  • Born
  • Born
  • dijksma

Post 3+ Months Ago

Looks good. I have added my website to it!
  • eautocad
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thank you for your support. Every link added, the stronger the abilities of the tool become.

:D

I think it will do much better now that we offer a free link submission.. Did you know that you can submit as many sites as you want for free under the standard url submission? This gives your website a PR2 link to a 300k alexa ranked site, that turns over about 1k pageviews daily.... Not bad for free!

Thank you for the kind words as well, I take delight in helping others succeed.
  • strive4impact
  • Born
  • Born
  • strive4impact

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yah, but why not make the money from the ads, or the backend, rather than the front-end? Being a free directory submission, and being the best free directory submission, is awesome!

Being just another company I can pay to to get listed = not nearly as cool.

Just my 2 cents. I appreciate you've got to make money on it somewhere, but I would say that monetizing the backend, rather than the front-end, is your better way to go here.
  • eautocad
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

strive4impact wrote:
Being a free directory submission, and being the best free directory submission, is awesome!

That is excellent thinking, and I would have to agree that free is always better. I think that with the traffic statistics we have, a FREE URL placement on http://www.therankdirectory.com is a decent deal. PR2, in the 300k alexa, about 900 inbound links, etc... On average days, we turn over about 1000 page views! Sometimes on the higher traffic days, like WED for some reason, we can reach as high as 2500.

I'm going to keep working on adding data to the directory. Any suggestions on topics and categories?
  • eautocad
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

If you have used the tool, please vote at the top... Thanks!
  • eautocad
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey all-- I've updated again! I changed the entry banner, let me know what you think.. .I was trying to figure out better ways to convey the purpose of the website, and I think it did it with this banner...

Thanks!
  • eautocad
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quick question??

Should we make #1 picks a paid submission?

Also, I'd like to add that I've made several changes to the site, and it appears very professional now. I added another 2,000 places to advertise into the 2,000+ Blogs Directory.

Thank you ozzu for making this review place so helpful! Thank you to everyone that helped out, if you read through this thread you can see that major changes have occurred to the site. Through time and dedication, this site has come a long way. Thanks again!
  • eautocad
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

I edited my adsense layouts, will someone comb the site and check them for good placement? Thanks! Less is more, was my revision. :|
  • eautocad
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm crawling the local section as we speak, and have completed about 40% of the total category with approx 10,000 local links. They are all indexed, and viewable by the statistical information just like the link building sites.

Why index local sites? Say you want to find a good travel agent in, alabama for instance. You would find the top agents in that state viewable by pagerank, traffic, inbound link count, and blog reaction. (quality, traffic, reach, popularity)By doing this, you'll see which one is the most popular, widely used, talked about on the internet, and how many other websites are linking to that business's website! Realtors for instance, you could gauge the approximate chance of which one could sell your house quicker, or check the legitamacy and quality by which one is most widely used, traffic, ratings, etc.

I think this is a great way to get in touch with local business through the internet.

Do you think this is a good idea? Do you have any suggestions for categories? The direct link to view our local section is below... Forgive the empty categories I am crawling them as I type.... all should be done soon if all goes well!

http://www.therankdirectory.com/cgi-bin ... ocal_Stuff
  • eautocad
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ok i spent the good majority of my time this past 2 weeks building the "Local Stuff" area of our statistical search engine.

Why local stuff you may ask?
I think it's a good way to shop, buy, sell, whatever you want to do. It's also a good tool for marketers to know which land businesses around them have good website statistics. By knowing the traffic, quality, reach, and popularity about each business around you can help you make a decision whether or not to use them. Say your selling a house, would you want the Realtor with the most internet traffic and quality? Doctors, lawyers, the list goes on and on. There's almost 20,000 links regarding local topics by each US state. We are adding more daily. The following genres are covered:

# Automobile (1849)

# Business Services (1775)

# Cleaning Services (2004)

# Community Services (1102)

# Construction (168)

# Dentists (596)

# Doctors (1989)

# Education (925)

# Florist (0)

# Food & Dining (1326)

# Government (284)

# Insurance (443)

# Landscaping (0)

# Lawyers (2332)

# Manufacturing (116)

# Mechanic (0)

# Real Estate (2117)

# Shopping & Shopping Services (1111)

# Travel & Tourism (1952)

We are still working on filling all categories continuously. If you have an suggestions for categories, please let me know! Also review the tool for your local area, and see what you think. Try it out! We have, and so far so good.

Here's a direct link to our local stuff section to get started:
http://www.therankdirectory.com/cgi-bin/search/dirs.cgi?lv=1&ct=Local_Stuff

We've also made our submission service "automated submission service friendly".

:)
  • eautocad
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Holy cow your gonna love this upgrade! You now get a preview of each entry as you browse, like a thumnail of each entry! Crazy cool!!!!
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nice update, but the title and description could go to the right of the description rather than under it.
  • eautocad
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nice tip bogey! thanks for the request, i changed it.. let me know how it looks on your end :) thanks for the quick review!
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey

Post 3+ Months Ago

You should make some left padding on the description. Make some space after the image.
  • eautocad
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Good idea! thank you, will do. I added a backlink count to the entry list as it displays, pretty neat!

:)
  • joebert
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

The category page I looked at
http://www.therankdirectory.com/cgi-bin ... Make_Money

That page was going nuts as it was loading, expanding and contracting in width.
If you've got images or iframes on those pages you might want to see if they have width & height attributes applied. Sometimes not having those attributes will cause the browser to determining the size of elements dynamicly as the page is loading, which can cause the content to resize wildly like that in the process.
  • eautocad
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thank you joebert! I looked at the page, and it didn't seem to do that to me. However, I have encountered this issue and don't really know how to correct it. Thank you for your suggestion, I will see what i can do!

I'd like to tell everyone that we now have FREE WIDGETS that you can put on your website featuring 2,000+ Blogspot blogs, 2,000+ Wordpress blogs, and 2,000+ Backlinks ! Allow your users to have access to this great technology for free by placing our widgets on your website, blog, etc.

I like this idea, and I think it will be useful. Any blog that offers a connection to almost 4,000 others should be considered decent. Any website offering 2,000+ backlinks is going get better notoriety! I hope we can help you succeed, I'm trying my best :)

:) http://www.therankdirectory.com
  • braveheartcheng
  • braveheartcheng

Post 3+ Months Ago

The web design looks too plain. And, a little messed.
  • eautocad
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Here is the blog that we created to help split up server loads when downloading the widgets and rss feeds;

http://rss-backlinks.blogspot.com/

It's pretty snazzy, let me know what you think! I also included the faq and direction information.
  • gsexdotus
  • gsexdotus

Post 3+ Months Ago

cool website , thanks for sharing
  • jackdelamare
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • jackdelamare
  • Loc: Guernsey, Channel Islands, UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

It's a good site full of information but I found the design quite basic but over-flashy. There are too many flashy images like the Search and Browse one, although they'd work in a site which has a similar design, they seem to look a little odd here.

Some of the images have been compressed which makes them look quite pixely which is always quite a bad thing.

I would also suggest changing the font as Times New Roman is basic... although that's just my opinion on that font. I don't find it looks good in websites.

Apart from that the website is quite good with some very good information and links.
  • eautocad
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thank you for the review, I will take into consideration your opinion as of have all reviews here and make appropriate changes. This review thread is a great help to having a third party opinion on a website. By far is the ozzu community the best for site review. Thank you!
  • kiranganta
  • kiranganta

Post 3+ Months Ago

The functions of ur site is good.
  • eautocad
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thank you! It is my hope that the site serves its viewers to the best extent possible. :) Happy labor day!
  • eautocad
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey everybody, happy labor day. For this labor day, I spent it laboring. LOL Of course..

Anyways, there is some new updates.. I made a compilation of therankdirectory's famed instructional videos on youtube and made them accessible on our site under "instructional video"

Please watch the video and see what you think... Does this help prepare users to understand the functionality of the site?

http://www.therankdirectory.com/tv.html
  • eautocad
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Also, again i changed the front page.. let me know what you think..

I think this new revision is much better because it places 99% of our data right in the users vision upon entry.. I think that fumbling around looking for data is something viewers are turned off by, regardless of how it is arranged. If they dont see it right away, that back button is a killer..
  • rachel4u
  • rachel4u

Post 3+ Months Ago

its no secret I'm a big fan of web directory's
i feel the main page is not complete yet-like a beta version that decided to stay
all in all looks fine
good luck
  • eautocad
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

I agree.. I have had struggles with the front page since day one..

It's tough.. I want it to convey a message, but yet be utilitarian to as many functions as possible with out being cluttered.

Interesting.
  • eautocad
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ok, well there's 2300 government websites indexed, is this of value??

http://www.therankdirectory.com/cgi-bin ... Government
  • eautocad
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey everyone,

I made some major changes to the site.. Check it out and let me know what you think!

There is now plenty of more data for you to surf, including OEM parts, forums, job posting, and more! I also updated the pagerank system and it is faster now, along with the image previews they're quicker too. There is also a new donate button to help out with server fee's b/c the site doesnt' generate enough money to support itself from $9.99 lifetime submissions... The problem is my site features 6,000 websites to advertise for free on, why would they pay for submission to my site roflmao!! Oh well..

Check it out and let me know what you think! Thank you in advance~!
  • eautocad
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Does anyone have any tips for selling a website? I would like to sell this one now, and I have a few offers. Does anyone recommend any good appraisal sites that I can trust?

ps i just added 500 obama blogs and 500 mccain blogs, you can find the link at http://bailoutpetition.blogspot.com in the lower right corner. Or you can goto http://www.therankdirectory.com and goto #1 picks, and then pick either obama or mccain blogs. :)
  • suraja
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • suraja

Post 3+ Months Ago

I see that your header layout broken here, what's wrong?
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey

Post 3+ Months Ago

It's me again. I really don't like how your front page looks right now. It looks broken. The center is too bald... looks very unorganized and unprofessional.

Good luck with it though.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 130 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers