SITE REVIEW: Statistical Web Marketing with RSS and Widgets

• eautocad
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Spring Hill, Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thank you for reviewing my website.
:dollar: UPDATES!!! NOW FREE TO ADD URL TO OUR DIRECTORY IS $9.99 Lifetime!!!!!! WOO HOO :dollar:
The Rank Directory--- Real-Time Statistical Search Engine and Browser(RTSSE)
http://www.therankdirectory.com

UPDATED!!! New features like:
http://www.therankdirectory.com/cgi-bin/search/dirs.cgi?lv=1&ct=Local_Stuff Local Stuff !!!! Browse by category and state for local businesses, doctors, lawyers, surgeons, government, education, and more! 36,000 links total!

Coming Soon! RSS Feeds for Local Stuff and Widgets! Soon you'll be able to display by state and following categories:

# Automobile (1849)

# Business Services (1775)

# Cleaning Services (2004)

# Community Services (1102)

# Construction (310)

# Cosmetic Surgery and Enhancement (3512)

# Dentists (2041)

# Doctors (1989)

# Education (925)

# Florist (1975)

# Food & Dining (1327)

# Government (2299)

# Insurance (1571)

# Landscaping (0)

# Lawyers (2332)

# Manufacturing (116)

# Real Estate (2115)

# Shopping & Shopping Services (1910)

# Travel & Tourism (1952)

RSS FEEDS & WIDGETS !!! Now you can display thousands of free advertising links, link building, or blogs! This is some new technology that we are trying out over at TheRankDirectory.com and we feel it's a great way to allow our users to take advantage of our technology with out actually going to our website while simultaneously allowing them to put our information on their website to help build credibility, traffic, return visitors, etc. I'm sure having 6,000 places to advertise for free on your website is going to help drive traffic.
http://rss-backlinks.blogspot.com/

PLACES TO ADVERTISE FREE
2,000+ Blogs indexed
-Blogspot
-Wordpress

2,000+ Link building sites indexed
-various backlinking sites most free some paid

Real-Time Statistical Search Engine (RTSSE) Technology--->

The basic idea behind this site is that you can browse places to submit for backlinking by traffic data. By using this "Browse by Traffic" method, it can allow you to place your backlink in either high/med/low traffic websites. You can also see the traffic patterns of the website for the past few months prior to submitting. The entire website is 100% free and does not require membership. This design helps maximize your time spent towards actual submissions instead of searching for places to submit.

Please review this website and the tool itself by using it and then checking your backlinks, traffic, sales results, etc. This will take some time to complete, because the backlinking process can take up to 3 weeks to register.

I look forward to the results and I do thank you in advance.

Keeping Great Tools Free,

TheRankDirectory.com

EXCERPT FROM FRONT PAGE OF SITE

What is RTSSE?
Real-Time Statistical Search Engine '''R.T.S.S.E.''' is the act of displaying standardized statistics about websites in real time as the user either browses or searches to facilitate decision making based on traffic, popularity, and quality.
RTSSE stands for "Real-Time Statistical Search Engine"; which allows users to view the internet by it's standardized ranking systems. Pagerank, Alexa Traffic, Technorati Blogger Buzz Count, and Inbound link counts are all displayed in "Real-Time" as you browse or search. We crawl for new sites everyday, so check back often for updates. Everyone loves RTSSE, and everyone will bennefit from it's use. Did you know that by using RTSSE for your internet marking, you help create a more relevant internet? We use this RTSSE for backlinking, link building, search engine optimization, internet marketing and advertising, and just every day common browsing. Whether your looking for online games, doctors, lawyers, or places to advertise your website or business, real-time statistical search engine technology can and will help you succeed.
POPULARITY + QUALITY + TRAFFIC + REACH = SUCCESS

2,000+ Free Backlinks- Why?
If you are building an online business, the easiest way to immediately generate revenue is to utilize affiliate advertising and targeted traffic. In simple terms, this means that you are running advertisements on your website (like what you see here) that are aimed at what the viewer needs. Targeted traffic is when you effectively market your website to the people that would be interested in your advertising, product, or service. By using the 2,000+ Free Backlinks tool, you can effectively use the internet as a marketing tool, for free.

2,000+ Free Blogs- Why?
Another tool to be used for internet marketing, this also allows the user to find targeted traffic similar to the 2,000+ Free Backlinks tool. By marketing your product through relevant blogs you can bring more targeted traffic to your website. Although it is generally an online marketing tool, it can be used by bloggers for multiple reasons. The possibilities are endless, but one example is that you might want to post comments on other blogs that are similar to yours but with higher traffic, popularity, and quality. This will naturally bring more targeted traffic to your website.

About RSS Instant Feed
We offer an instant way to attain all of our links, but you can't view the ranking content by using the RSS. To view ranking content, you must manually browse. However, if it is your mission to have all of our links, we've made it easy. Just click the RSS button at the top of each category. It will save it to your bookmark file within your browser. From there you can use any third party software to do what you wish. We aren't responsible if you use this tool improperly.

Our Mission
To bring a free internet marketing tool to the public that is effective for the user and at the same time creating a more relevant internet. Our RTSSE technology allows users to pick the popular, high quality and traffic places on the internet to market to that are relevant to their topic. We are constantly crawling new content, check back often.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• eautocad
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

I forgot to add that the website is primarily setup as a directory and search engine, so you can add your URL free to the website itself. Premium accounts are free too! Please check out the member services as well. I want to make sure everything is running smooth!

Thanks everyone!
  • silveraden
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

This is one of the best directories I've ever seen...good job!
  • penguin
  • Flying penguins
  • Banned
  • Loc: Behind you !

Post 3+ Months Ago

Dont like the main page, To plain for me. Other than that your website is ok.
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Why does it open the directory in a new page from the home page? It shouldn't do that. Bad idea on your site on that thing.

Not a bad idea though, +3 on that one. I probably won't use it, but I mainly don't use directories other than Google or Yahoo sometimes.
  • allremodel-com
  • Born
  • Born
  • allremodel-com

Post 3+ Months Ago

My first impression well its not good.

I use firefox and as soon as i went to your site fire prevented a pop up i hate those.

Although It took me a sec to figure out how to enter your site, rather then clicking on the video its kinda deceiving.

Seems like a good idea but add more then 3 listing on a page make it ten or give the user an option.

Allremodel.com
  • syntax_error
  • Born
  • Born
  • syntax_error

Post 3+ Months Ago

The websites design is kind of blah, and the whole website layout doesn't catch my eye. A good point though is that you kept the google ads low... if they were in my view on page load i would have complained about that. Good idea, needs work
  • weilies
  • weilies

Post 3+ Months Ago

Your site seems doesn't load up to me :(
  • virtualcity
  • virtualcity

Post 3+ Months Ago

mmm about the functions ur site is great .. but didnt like the interface actually
for great site like urs u should improve ur design
good luck
  • eautocad
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

wow thanks everyone I will see what I can do..
  • eautocad
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ok, I took in all of your suggestions and it's MUCH cleaner now.. There's also 10 hits per page.. I was doing some expirementation wth affiliate placement and my traffic started heading towards the floor. I think you all are on to something by keeping it clean. Clean it is.

What kind of color scheme should I go with? What types of cosmetic things can I do to upgrade the feel of it? There is lots of whitespace to play with... Let's have fuN!
  • eautocad
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Not to keep beating a dead goat, and making multiple posts to what appears myself LOL; but there's added functionality to the site that I didn't discuss.

I've looked at the competition, and that is the automated backlinking services. These are not good, because they don't allow the user to "hand pick" the backlinks. Only the user knows his/her business the best, therefore they should be the ones to pick backlinks. Because backlinks can make or break a page, I feel it's rude of those auto-backlink companies to automate the service and not let you choose.

What's your opinions on hand picked vs "bulk"??? Also, what do you think about putting google PAGERANK for each entry? I've heard that google will ban you if you do this and they see multiple requests from my website for PR's. Is this legit, or was this just a scare tactic to keep me from doing it? I see other directories out there doing it and they aren't banned or blacklisted... Again, help me with this too

it's great to have a good community of people to goto with questions.. I appreciate all of your feedback it really helps when designing a website! May we all prosper!
  • Bot5
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Loc: Deep Space

Post 3+ Months Ago

i Just signed up for free directory submission and within 30 mins i received email back informing me that you deleted all free submissions from your site and are now charging for this service?
  • penguin
  • Flying penguins
  • Banned
  • Loc: Behind you !

Post 3+ Months Ago

I got the same email, that does not look good for your website :P makes you look like you just after the money
  • eautocad
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yeah well I have to make money somewhere, so I'm charging to submit your site into our directory. It's cheaper than most. Sorry about the timing, but I had to make the change sometime. I paid alot of money to programmers to make this site, and I also pay alot of money to keep the database services up and running each year. I'm not looking to get rich, but I'm looking to not have to pay out of my pocket for something everyone uses.

You can still use the main purpose of the site for free, and that's the backlink surfing...That will always be free

I've updated the backlink surfing mechanism to show "alexa" "compete" "technorati" also if you hover the mouse over them you can see additional information.

This new for allows you to surf faster, and more efficiently. The new ranking mechanism is bar based, so the bigger the bar the better.. Much easier check it out and let me know what you think if this is better or not. There is some load time delay but not much.

FWIW this site is for sale now, email offers to admin@therankdirectory.com

Statistics that are relevant:

1,120 pages indexed in Google
http://www.google.com/search?q=site:www ... .com&hl=en

Pagerank:2
Alexa 231,993 (69 links in)
http://www.alexa.com/data/details/traff ... ectory.com
Compete:985961
Compete link: http://siteanalytics.compete.com/theran ... ?metric=uv
6,164 Yahoo Inlinks
http://siteexplorer.search.yahoo.com/ad ... m=i&bwmf=s
  • Bot5
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Loc: Deep Space

Post 3+ Months Ago

Not the Happy Hour i had in mind
  • eautocad
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

bot5,

I'm sorry for that bad timing. I'm sure it was a little uneasing. For that bad experience, if you submit your site again let me know what site it is and I'll let you submit a premium for free if its categorically correct.

That's $99.99 value for free. I want you to be happy, because the customer should always leave happy. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

pm me your site before or after you submit and i'll do it
  • aikabeatrice
  • Loc: Las Vegas, Nevada

Post 3+ Months Ago

the navigation looks ok but it needs to re-design. There are lots of extra space everywhere. Maybe add colors and images to look it lively. :) I'll back back again...
  • eautocad
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

You are right there is a lot of white space. Thank you for the review, and I'm glad that you'll be back. I hope you find this tool as useful as I have.

I'm not sure how to go about changing the background because the way it's setup its difficult to place things in the side's using span left/right... Check out the code and give me some ideas please? It uses tables and frames and I'm not sure exactly how to go about this.

Help!
  • eautocad
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

allremodel-com wrote:
My first impression well its not good.

I use firefox and as soon as i went to your site fire prevented a pop up i hate those.

Although It took me a sec to figure out how to enter your site, rather then clicking on the video its kinda deceiving.

Seems like a good idea but add more then 3 listing on a page make it ten or give the user an option.

Allremodel.com

I did as you requested, and my bounce rate dropped from 30 to 14%

THANK YOU :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
  • eautocad
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well the update to it didn't work out, the source wasn't ready for our load. If you noticed the page load times went to the dumps! I went back to our old source, which is much more reliable.

However, I did add a unique feature that I find very enticing. If you click more info, about each entry you will find the top 8 backlinking sites to that particular entry. This is good to see if it's quality or not.

If there is any additional tools or widgets you'd like to see on my page that you think would be helpful, please let me know! The more information the better!

You all have been so helpful already. My bounce rate is now averaged down to 14% steadily. It's amazing the help you will find on a quality forum such as this one chmyare.

;-)
  • eautocad
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey everyone, there's a new update on my site again... Now it displays PR!!! ;-) Also 20 entries per page... Check'r out
  • ZiggyILM
  • ZiggyILM

Post 3+ Months Ago

It's not showing up for me :(
  • eautocad
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hmmm... what type of browse are you using? Do you have everything enabled? email me at admin@therankdirectory.com for further help
  • Trouble316
  • Born
  • Born
  • Trouble316

Post 3+ Months Ago

Interesting concept - You must do well with the broker programs. I will say that I get nervous when things flash on the screen - like your logo. I would make it more professional. Think of yourself as a regular business.
  • saira
  • saira

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi. I have checked the website. Well, it seems good to have backlinks for free! But automated backlinks may even be of those having non relevant theme. Another thing is to "Create a Member Login" you mentioned that anybody can submit the site without LOGIN?
  • wildridge
  • wildridge

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi,

I visit and registered in your site. I though you offer your standard service for free as what I read. When I join, your site bring me to a card requesting a $9.99 payment.

That is misleading.............
  • seharness
  • Bronze Member
  • Bronze Member
  • Loc: Southern California

Post 3+ Months Ago

hi - not much time to post in depth. but i went to the site and took a gaze at it... then started to read the disclaimer and BOOM refreshed into some other place... users hate when they are not incontrol... atleast throw them a message box that tells them you are in a hurry to get them into the site and ask them if they want to be wisked away... then track the number of people that appreciate your kidnapping them...

i only looked at the redirected page for a second and saw block after block of text... no one will read it all... although i am on a laptop... so maybe on one of my wide screens it will look better as i assume all that will fit into a 24" monitor...

tired... may come back and post some more to help you streamline your user experience in my opinion... and so you are not talking to yourself anymore : - 0

Good day friend,

Jase
  • gozames
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nice site i like it, but design is not so good create header for it
  • eautocad
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Okay I did some updates to it to make the site better, can someone give it a good look? http://www.therankdirectory.com

All opinions welcome, constructive criticism would be nice.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 130 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers