SITE REVIEW: StickyIssue.com

• bobej
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • bobej

Post 3+ Months Ago

It's an internet poll website where anyone can vote on, comment on or submit their own polls. The URL is:

StickyIssue.com

Much thanks,

Bob Jamison
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• pacsunpunk08
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • pacsunpunk08
  • Loc: Kenosha, WI

Post 3+ Months Ago

I thought the your website was very plain and just blah, its doesn't really do anything for me.....i think if you added like a navigation bar and some tables to break up everything...and add some more color, than it would be ok... :)
  • ace5p1d0r
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

This site still has horizontal scroll bar on full screen on some small monitors, bring the width down by 50 pixels or so. Either that or make the layout fluid as there are no images that would be easy to do. The copyright stuff at the bottom fills too many lines up spread it out a bit or have less. maybe a code with all the polls submitted?

The point of the site i think is slightly pointless. Polls are best made by webmasters on their site asking whether a member system would be a good idea or something. The answer would be usefull to someone. But this site is just random polls for people to find out what other people think on a subject. Maybe its just me but I would never submit something. get some more content on your site. Otherwise good.
  • desertland
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • desertland

Post 3+ Months Ago

This is an absolutely GREAT website!! Sure it might be "pointless", but so are sites like hotornot.com, and about 80% of the rest of the internet :)

I also really like the design. Sure it's not flashy, but it gets the point across and doesn't clutter anything up with useless fluff.

I do think there should be a "next" button on questions, just in case you don't particularly feel like answering that question
  • water
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • water

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think your site needs a better design to it. Red on white doesn't sit well to me. U got ads on the right side and the left side is completely blank, it kind of gives me a weird feel, but overall, as far as what the site stands for, it's okay.
  • winsonlu
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • winsonlu

Post 3+ Months Ago

i think you need a better design,it is too rafferty,and you should do more jobs for your google ads
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Someone already commented on this but im going to also.

The Copyright is about a mile long.

Quote:
StickyIssue.com v1.00 You are Visitor ID #595814015
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective owners.

1. whats the visiter ID for and why is it in the copyright?
2. All trademarks and copyrights on this page are property of their respective owners.

I think that makes it flow more. The idea of the site would be good on someones blog page perhaps, but just as a website itself, I would never use it.
  • moneyjo2
  • Born
  • Born
  • moneyjo2
  • Loc: Moscow

Post 3+ Months Ago

Red color is simply awful and unnecessary here, try other colors
  • scyzoryk
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • scyzoryk

Post 3+ Months Ago

I completely love the idea for your website... havn't seen it anywhere else on the web.

That said... I can't find anything to constructively criticize :D I like your use of headers -- very easy to find the important information on the page.
  • aimillie
  • aimillie
  • Loc: Largo, FL - USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have to agree with the majority, red and white didn't agree with my eyes...
At first, I was "lost" trying to focus somewhere on the page to find out what to do and where to click....
I like visuals and I would love to see some images... or different colors. The advantage of no graphic is that the site definitively load fast ... :roll:
  • gsgfx
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • gsgfx
  • Loc: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

As said before, try adding some images...like in cell backgrounds, horizontal line images, etc. Putting that aside, I guess its ok!
  • digital_drool
  • Born
  • Born
  • digital_drool
  • Loc: Birmingham

Post 3+ Months Ago

wHAT IS this SITE ABOUT? :cry:
  • fourtytwo
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yeah I have to agree... what is this about??? Also this may have been acceptable in 90 or 91, but it's not 2005... stick with the basics you can't fail.. Trying to be different but not creative never pays off... Stick with what's tryed and true not what are your two favorite colors.... Red and white do NOT appeal to anyone... Possibly have you ever taken an art class? You learn what colors are soothing and what are not if it's not completely obvious... Can't have much worse than this other than red background white text :shock: (not trying to be offensive or aggressive in any way)

There are 2,900,000 hits for website scheme tips. Here are some simple tips... FOLLOW 7 like you life depended on it:
Quote:
Tip 1 - Use a reference (but don't copy it!)
If you see an interesting web design, color scheme or layout, try to use it as a starting point for your own web design.

Tip 2 - Be unique
Try to create a unique design. Do not overdone your web design by adding numerous animated GIFs, fade-ins, etc.

Tip 3 - Content is king
Create content that purely relates to your website, the more pages with useful content you have the better. Make the body text on your index page focused and avoid the need for the user to scroll down on any page.

Tip 4 - Graphical elements
Any Graphics that you use on the website should always support the content and never dominate the content.

Tip 5 - Be HTML-compliant
Follow the proper HTML standards and check whether your website is HTML-compliant, to make sure that your website is displayed correctly in all browses.

Tip 6 - File size
Make sure that your site is quick to load in any browser. There are obviously a number of factors that can affect how quickly a website loads, but try to make sure that large file sizes isn't one of them.

Tip 7 - Colorsheme
Use a colorscheme of matching colors. Avoid excessive use of shouting colors such as green, yellow, or red.
  • EngLee
  • Student
  • Student
  • EngLee

Post 3+ Months Ago

The site is interesting!
  • belegdae
  • belegdae

Post 3+ Months Ago

that is one original idea for a site, sure the graphics arent amazing, but its the purpose behind it, and the amont of work gone into it for the functionality that makes this one a winner.

if i had gold stars i'd give you one :D
  • ferocious
  • ferocious
  • Loc: canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

When I visited your site. I had no idea where to start. The look of it was very boring. I didnt really want to stay. The copyright just continues and continued. All you really need is 'Stickyissue ©2005'. Another thing is the name of the site. You say you want polls here? The first thing that comes to mind when i say stickyissue is something sexual. You do not need advertisments really on your site either. I think you need to get a better template and focus on that. Mabye as well as getting another site name.

Just my thoght...
  • Dumbledore
  • Dumbledore

Post 3+ Months Ago

An original subject for a site.This is commendable.I liked the page layout and the view which is excellent.You can jazz it up a bit to give even better look which will be helpful in 'first impressions'as I have said many times.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 17 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers