SITE REVIEW: Stop the sheep! (Game i made using css)

• isthistakenyet?
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Burnley U.K.

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have made a game using CSS and XHTML, it is very simple yet shows what can be achieved using CSS and just how powerful it is, the CSS validates but unfortunately the (x)html does not. It works in most browsers except Opera, if anyone has any idea why this is then please post. Any constructive comments, good or bad are welcomed, thanks in advance!

Basically you have to evacuate people from a city before killer sheep take over it, you must take them to the airport as quickly as you can, remember to stick to the path and don't go into the killer sheep infested grass!

http://www.santaisahindu.org/enter.html

P.S. As this is not actually a webSITE and is only a game if this is in the wrong section then moderators please move it as you wish.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• neksus
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

wow
  • neksus
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

"Congratulations!

You have saved the world from the evil wrath of the killer sheep! But remember, the world is never safe with sick animals like these roaming the fields of our towns and citys, imagine if cows rebelled, they could take Moo York, sorry New York in a matter seconds, so always be aware!" lol
  • isthistakenyet?
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

You can see another simple game i have made using css, this time with css image rollovers at http://www.santaisahindu.org/willywonka.html
  • neksus
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

heh, not as impressive seeing as i can do that :D
how long did the sheep game take to make?
  • isthistakenyet?
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well my internet was broke and my sister was complaining because she wanted to go on to play on a game so i said would you stop moaning if i made you a game, so we agreed, she would shut the hell up if i made a game for her to play on, unfortunately, i dont know flash, and i dont know java, so i decided to make it with everyones best friend... CSS!

The game took me about 5 hours to make originally, with a further 2 hours editing to reduce the code size, i managed to get it down from over 90kb down to 52.9kb.

Credit must go where credit is due though, everything i know about the css popups i know from http://www.stunicholls.myby.co.uk/menu/alert.html
And I stole... borrowed the image of the woman from someones guestbook, the address is http://www.livinghymns.com/guestbook/, If you scroll to the bottom you can see it, the one on the left (of the boy) is the one i was going to originally use but decided to go with the woman after my sister said i was being sexist!
  • rtm223
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Uk

Post 3+ Months Ago

aah, the mouse with image under reminded me of the stu Nicholls work:

http://www.stunicholls.myby.co.uk/menu/streaker.html

Anyway, it's cool, one thing struck me though:

where you have links inside divs, why not just have id'd links, would save a fair amount of html and css as well.

As for the validation, it shouldn't be too difficult to make it so it does validate. Opera: No idea, there is nothing in the css that Opera might trip up on (not that I can see anyway). I do genuinely like it, kinda like the wire/buzzer type games, but here is a challenge for you:

Create a generic html page, with all the boxes built in, and then write different "levels" using different css files. Making the path more difficult, making boxes smaller etc etc.

Is the file likelly to move any time soon, because I wouldn't mind linking to it if thats ok?
  • isthistakenyet?
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

I tried making it more difficult originally with smaller boxes etc but really wanted to have the woman smiley follow you around so you could see where abouts your are, instead of the smiley i guess i could just have a different color, unfortunately i don't have much time on my hands as i go back to school this monday but ill make sure i have something up by the next weekend, oooh and link all you like.
  • AHaz
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: New York

Post 3+ Months Ago

i found a way to cheat
  • Abelius
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Miami Beach, FL, USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Congratulations! This is an amazing proof of the power of CSS...

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 10 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers