SITE REVIEW: Streets of Net

• Dsgnr
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

Dear Ozzu members,

As you know I am a Graphic Designer (DSGNR).

I launched a new website called "Streets of Net".

Can you please review it?

URL: http://www.streetsofnet.com
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Dsgnr
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

Sold 6 streets since April 1st 2009.

The 7th street is online. There are 5 buildings available on the 7th street.

Any comment on this website?
  • CXLink
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: ATL-GA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Interesting concept. Not sure I get it though. I understand that it is a different form of advertising, but I kind of dont see people going there to be advertised to if the only thing there is advertisements. How are people drawn into the streets maps if they aren't advertising there?

The design is alright for the site. But once you go to the streets it is a little cumbersome to have to back out to go to another street. Is there a way to connect the streets and just basically build a city? Then have a pull down with the different streets to move around the map?
  • Dsgnr
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm drawing new buildings. I would like to add cinema, library and game center to streets. This way, visitors can watch movies in the cinema, read books in the library and play games in the game center.

I have a lot of plans on this website. Need advertisers and advertisers...

Thanks for your reviews...
Dsgnr
  • Aurix
  • Aurix

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nice concept, the site is also looking very professional. What you could have on start page is a small box where it explain your concept.. it took a while for me to get that.
  • sbronson
  • Student
  • Student
  • sbronson
  • Loc: Arkansas

Post 3+ Months Ago

I agree with the other post. Navigation could be a little easier, and explain to your visitors what they are exactly getting. It is a good design and I liked the logo. Oh, also you might want to mention somewhere how many visitors you are getting so it will let people know how busy your site is.
  • jobbala
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Clyde, NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

Visually the streets part looks pretty cool. Couple of things though.

Your home page looks too much like a brochure or ad. I think it would be better if it matched the theme of the streets in some way.

I hate the fact that when I click on a building it opens a new window. With tabbed browsing, if I want to open a new window I will do so. I hate when I am forced to.

Also, once in the streets, there is not navigation to other streets or areas of the site.

Also, because your home page is about selling buildings, I am not sure why someone who is not interested in buying a building would want to visit.

Overall it looks cool, but I know for myself I don't want to spend my money unless I know where it is going.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 7 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers