SITE REVIEW: strollers.baby-gaga.com

• dr nick
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • dr nick
  • Loc: Frankfurt

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi all,

it's been a while since I've posted on this forum, but I've been working on a project for a number of months now and have finally reached a stage for some constructive criticism!

The site in question is: http://strollers.baby-gaga.com/

There are a few design subsections, like: stroller reviews which goes into listing strollers ranked by grade. Here I'm most concerned about whether the navigation for refining your search is self-evident. I won't say more about that part now, since I would rather have everyone try it out without any a priori knowledge of what's going on.

There's also the stroller guides section, like jogging strollers which might be too long. Any suggestions on whether it is in fact too long or not would be greatly appreciated!

I'm also wondering if the site is quick to download each page -- the actual site sits on a german server so I hope that's not affecting performance.

Anyway, thank you in advance for anyone that comments! All suggestions welcome!
  • Abelius
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Miami Beach, FL, USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think the site looks great, I like the colors that were chosen for the theme, and I like the graphics in general.

But:

The Tell-a-friend Page: Does it need to be all by itself on a WHOOOOOLE page?
The forum is not working. I take it it's still under construction...
The Stroller Reviews page is waaay to complicated for a future mom to choose one. I understand the work it takes to make such a well-formed hierarchy, but it's just too complicated IMHO...

All in all, CONGRATULATIONS...!
AWESOME JOB, and please don't take my critics badly...! :)

And by the way: I love Frankfurt, specially the Zeil and the Taunusanlage! ;)
  • Phaedrus
  • Loc: CA

Post 3+ Months Ago

It looks great. On some of the pages the right side of the table pokes out and doesn't align with the top part (I'm using Firefox). I love the way you integrated the google ads. And personally I like the tell-a-friend on a page by itself. It's a very nice looking page. The buyer's guide is a little too complicated. But I love the design and I think overall it looks awesome.
  • priyanka-m6.net
  • Student
  • Student
  • priyanka-m6.net
  • Loc: Australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi,
Liked the site very much. the images are so cute. nice color combination. Abelius has pointed out some issues. Apart from that ,can you increase the text font size. Clicking on forum link gave HTTP 404 error .
Great work! :D
  • dr nick
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • dr nick

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi,

Thanks for the comments ;)

I've recently noticed that if you access my webpage by clicking on a link from a hotmail inbox, that because microsoft puts a "header" on top of the page, it screws up all the layer placements.

Is there a way to position layers so that the layers are positioned correctly regardless of whether it's in a sub-window or not?

I'm also trying to think of a better navigation for the stroller reviews. It's a shame the current navigation doesn't seem to work very well -- it was so compact!

Also, could someone comment on the download times? Not too long? Just right?

Thank you!

Baby Gaga Strollers
  • Indulge
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Indulge
  • Loc: Germany

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey mr.nick.
First off: Congrats on this page. I like the feel of it very much and I think it's perfect for the kind of message you want to convey.

But ...(isn't there always a but??) ...I would strongly reccomend to look at the page in Firefox (which I did).

I found some mistakes:
On the page "buyers guide" the menu-text exceeds the graphic

On all the subpages I get a white space in the blue box on the left (might be some javascript or something...)

On the "about" page, the text overflows the image badly, also on the newsletter page. The background picture on the newsletter page (the one in the darker yellow with the lines in it) flows over and even covers up the buttons on the bottom.

Well. You'll see all that yourself if you try Firefox. But apart from that...great!
I for my personal taste would put the navigation buttons on the top of the page because you have to scroll to reach them (on 1024) ....

Good Job Nick :-)
  • Nazrin
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: MY(Malaysia)

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nice background, funny pictures , nice editing....great site....I like it... :o
  • 613flavah
  • battlestar
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Hurricane...

Post 3+ Months Ago

I love the baby images so cute :P

I noticed on the newsletter page (http://strollers.baby-gaga.com/newsletter.php) that you're using a background image (background-image: url(css/newsletter.png). It seems to show up ok on IE but in FF & Netscape it's tiling and part of the background is covering the bottom menu. Make sure your code is cross browser compliant. Especially with FF now that alot more ppl are starting to use it.

Your anchor tags don't work in NS & FF on this page (umbrella-strollers.php)

I noticed other pages things aren't displaying right for those browsers either. So may want to take a look at that.

Besides that I think it's a very cute site.
  • awilkins
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

Your site is alright but it dont interest me dat much
  • dr nick
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • dr nick

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi!

Me again...have just launched a major update to the strollers site. Basically, went through it with a fine-tooth comb, optimized all the images (the images across the entire site total up to about 250kb, so hopefully it will load pretty fast), and most importantly I made sure it was 99% compatible with both IE and Firefox.

I really ironed out a lot of design issues, was hoping some of you could put your 2 cents in.

Thanks for the time :)

For quick ref, here are the stroller pages: Stroller reviews at baby gaga
  • daremedy
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • daremedy

Post 3+ Months Ago

VERY good site, you pulled off the different colors perfectly plus the baby pictures are great! I really like all of the mouseover actions you have throughout the site, it definitely brings a lot of life to your design. I can tell after a few minutes on your site that there's a lot of attention to detail and a lot of work put into this, job well done!

Aside from fixing up the forums, everything else looks awesome. I just noticed something that you may want to address. Your menu on the top left tends to get a bit confusing as you browse throughout the site. The location of the links dynamically change depending on the current section your visiting. So if you view the menu from the Stroller Shop page and then from the Ratings and Reviews page, the location of the options change. Its a minor issue, but especially with a menu, its good to keep the location of the options static. I can see the effect you're trying to go for though, so if you leave it as is, its not a big issue.

The only other suggestion, which is just a personal preference really so dont worry too much about it, whenever you post your email address, make it a clickable link using the mailto function. So for example in your newsletter page, make that email address a link. Its just a pet peeve of mine having to open up Outlook then copying the email address when the website could've done all that for me! An awesome job though, I think your site is definitely going to get a lot of positive attention.
  • missingbtvs
  • Born
  • Born
  • missingbtvs

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like it, very nice site! Pics are so cute.
  • dr nick
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • dr nick

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi guys'n'gals!

Final call --- first of all thanks for your input so far. Now I've got the last part of the site ready --- the forum!

Please check out the forum design and let me know what you think --- it's a custom phpbb design to fit with the scheme of the site.

here's the link to the stroller forum
  • icoobaby2
  • Born
  • Born
  • icoobaby2

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have visited your forum it is very nice to look at with all good discussions threads.I've liked the threads in the parenting column.I want to just share a small information about my Pocco Pushchair.It is really the best with all the best features I you want to know more please visit the below link.
  • timetracker
  • timetracker

Post 3+ Months Ago

dr nick wrote:
Hi all,

it's been a while since I've posted on this forum, but I've been working on a project for a number of months now and have finally reached a stage for some constructive criticism!

The site in question is: http://strollers.baby-gaga.com/

There are a few design subsections, like: stroller reviews which goes into listing strollers ranked by grade. Here I'm most concerned about whether the navigation for refining your search is self-evident. I won't say more about that part now, since I would rather have everyone try it out without any a priori knowledge of what's going on.

There's also the stroller guides section, like jogging strollers which might be too long. Any suggestions on whether it is in fact too long or not would be greatly appreciated!

I'm also wondering if the site is quick to download each page -- the actual site sits on a german server so I hope that's not affecting performance.

Anyway, thank you in advance for anyone that comments! All suggestions welcome!

Pretty good. At all.
As for text about jogging stollers. I don't like first sentense "Real jogging strollers are not just for real joggers" Could you please rewrite it. Word "really" apeared three times.
  • taz
  • taz

Post 3+ Months Ago

site look great, pic are little small but other than that i would buy off it !!
  • Yangtzemall_alex
  • Yangtzemall_alex
  • Loc: china

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello. l have browse your webiste. It is great. But l see some goolge ad.

My opnion is that.

If you want to do business only, please don't make the less money from google. That will make your customer feel not well.

Thanks

Alex
-----------------------------------
Mine http://www.yangtzemall.com
Wholesale nokia 8800 gold arte, some vertu luxury phone and some i9 mobile

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 17 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers