SITE REVIEW: Stuff I really hate - when you're angry website

• nyte3k
  • nyte3k

Post 3+ Months Ago

The goal of this site(unlike my other websites) wasn't to have the most graphically appealing design, but an easy and clean layout for its purpose. http://www.stuffireallyhate.com
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• DavyDuke17
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • DavyDuke17

Post 3+ Months Ago

I don't have a problem with the layout.. I like that its real simple, and doesn't look bad despite not having any images.

The thing that I don't like so much is the color scheme. I don't mind the gray background, or how any of the font colors look on top of the gray for that matter. However, I don't think the font colors work well with eachother. The orange, teal, pink, and white all look good on the background but its almost like they all are such powerful colors that my eyes don't know which one to read. I guess its not a problem when you get further down the page, but at the very top it is distracting to me. I think what I would try is change the pink and reduce the overall number of font colors, thats my only suggestion.
  • nyte3k
  • nyte3k

Post 3+ Months Ago

hmm ok, thanks for your reply..i '' try a few things.
  • DavyDuke17
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • DavyDuke17

Post 3+ Months Ago

See what others think first.. I'm only one person and certaintly no expert.
  • camp185
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: San Jose, CA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like the concept, but huge fonts! May want to reduce so you can read more that 4 items on a 19" screen. Font colors...I read a great tip a while back about picking colors. Obviously everyone has their favorite colors, but there is a basic formula to get colors to go well together. First pick your idea color. You should try to get your site down to about 3 colors. Using your first pick go to a color wheel to pick the other two. The other two are the next colors on either side of your first pick. So if you picked Orage, yellow and red are good compliments. If you don't want to use those two, and want more contrast pick colors on the opposite side of the color wheel. So if you picked oragne this time the colors would be purple and green. Hope that helps.
  • ashley
  • Loc: Newfoundlandia

Post 3+ Months Ago

I agree with everyone on the font sizes an colours. I'd also suggest placing the entry text boxes below the header/banner. Headers/banners traditonally go at the top, unless there's an ad, I had automatically ignored the text boxes, assuming they were an ad. Such is the life of a web user.

I also found the highlights on each entry a bit distracting.

But the idea is neat.
  • HammerToFall
  • Born
  • Born
  • HammerToFall

Post 3+ Months Ago

I love concept of the website, I actually spent some time there voting on stuff just for fun. However the colours and layout need some work... My eyes hurt :S
  • Silark
  • Silark

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think this site is a v.cool concept. The colours are too much. The theme of the website is I hate... but the teal green colour and the smaller text makes that part of each sentence kinda blend in with the black. Would it be better to flip the font and size so the I hate stands out more than the and the thing you hated was smaller?

I really think the i hate post it stuff should be lower down 'cause it's just too easy to miss. The advert for the party site should be at the top and then i would put the navigation to the different hate sections and then the post your hate stuff. Also i would try and make both the hate sections and the I agree button stand out a little more 'cause i missed them the first time i looked over the page. I looked at the purple box next to it to figure out i could agree.

Of course i am assuming i know what i talk about 8) so make of this what you will
  • Kanika
  • Kanika

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well first of all i really like the concept of your site..So for sure I would sugest market this concept by giving it a good looking template.Improve your colour combinations and fonts..Use space effectively..

Thanks
Kanika Nayyar
http://www.enidus.com
  • subet
  • subet

Post 3+ Months Ago

Interesting topic, and very bad design. You should renew your site design.
  • nzk
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

Good idea, but terrible design, like everyone has already said. Just the colors blend in too much and on top of that it is hard to see things.
  • ablaye
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • ablaye

Post 3+ Months Ago

I don't like the design. The layout is terrible and your stuff is just too big. Try to make the entries and text a little smaller.
Also I would suggest changing the dark background to a lighter (possibly white) background.

Best of luck with the site.
  • FettesPS
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • FettesPS
  • Loc: Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

I love the concept behind the page, but that actual layout leaves so much to be desired. Looks like it was designed back in 95 before the days of CSS and highspeed internet.

Trust me, a lot more people will pay attention to the site if you "pretty it up" a bit.
  • electrogal
  • Born
  • Born
  • electrogal
  • Loc: www.electro-vintage.com

Post 3+ Months Ago

i think it's a really cool site! like your concept... I posted one... but didn't come out...
  • mawooshen
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • mawooshen
  • Loc: Tokyo

Post 3+ Months Ago

I don't think the design is bad at all. It's just the color scheme that needs a bit of working on. Other than that it's simple and easy to use. What more could you ask for.

My only other suggestion is to add a disagree option as well! There were a couple of posts that I strongly disagreed with, I wanted to make my feelings heard! Maybe you could also add a comments option below every post to get even more user interactivity...
  • mawooshen
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • mawooshen
  • Loc: Tokyo

Post 3+ Months Ago

Oh and you might want to try and implement some sort of cookie system so that the same person can't vote for their post and can't vote multiple times...
  • this213
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: ./

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'd agree that the color scheme needs some work. I'd probably also use a smaller font. However, I love the concept and think you could build up quite a community with something like that.

I know I'll be looking in on it whenever I need a good laugh :)
  • Prime
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: Liverpool

Post 3+ Months Ago

HI,

Highly amusing, tend to agree about the fonts but each to his own :D

PS> I hate "Babies with Earrings ..." - your newest entry :roll: :D

Good luck.

Cheers, Prime ...
  • CircleOfLinks
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Sydney

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey I like... very cool... interested in a link exchange?

My site is http://www.circleoflinks.com.au

but currently changing the home page... if you want to see it under construction its at http://www.CircleOfLinks.com.au/TEST.html (remember still working on it)

but i like your site... nice work
  • webdune
  • Born
  • Born
  • webdune

Post 3+ Months Ago

The fonts are too large and you could try changing your color schemes.:)
  • marian
  • marian

Post 3+ Months Ago

I thought the design and colour scheme rather suited the mood of the site. I mean if someone visits to post a hate, they're irritated anyway, so why not keep colours that also irritate.
Definitely you need a disagree button and maybe a "this guy is a prat". I really hated one of the posters!
  • Meg Dilts
  • Born
  • Born
  • Meg Dilts

Post 3+ Months Ago

Agree, the colors do hurt my eyes too.
  • leagewipes
  • leagewipes

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well first of all i really like the concept of your site..So for sure I would sugest market this concept by giving it a good looking template.Improve your colour combinations and fonts..Use space effectively..

Thanks
Kanika Nayyar
http://www.wet-wipes.cn
  • Neocortex112
  • Neocortex112

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well, i think the design is bad. The design needs some work... but the idea is great, i say. It's quite hard to understand the concept 'cause the design doesn't reveal that, sry.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 24 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers