SITE REVIEW: Sunbeamers

• xaphalanx
  • xaphalanx

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello folks, I put together an inspirational site.

http://sunbeamers.com

It's only been done for a week or so. Looking for feed back of anykind really. I'm looking for feedback on design and usablility.

Thanks
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Conth
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Conth

Post 3+ Months Ago

Seems like a nice place to relax a bit in the hustle and bustle of the net.
l like the design and the colors.

I dont like the leftside menu that turns yellow when you hover, in my browser the left side "shakes" when I hover a link. eg. the link text expands and pushes the text below down... I would preffer just to change the color.
  • xaphalanx
  • xaphalanx

Post 3+ Months Ago

Interesting I've not seen this before.. Can you tell me what browser you are using? Thanks....
  • Conth
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Conth

Post 3+ Months Ago

I am quite sure it was MSIE 5.50 (I'm not at the same PC now)

I am at home now with MSIE 6.0 and I dont get the same effect now (or have you changed something..?)
  • samp
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • samp

Post 3+ Months Ago

i like the splash page, looked nice and clean, the site top banner and side nav however seem dark and uninspiring, plus a bit outdated

3/10

thx
  • mystic
  • mystic

Post 3+ Months Ago

The site design is very nice except i don't like sites where when you type in the url you have to click something like " enter this site " to enter. Personally i hate sites like that especially if they have a flash on the first page it makes me click away. I'm sure many other people might click away.

I suggest instead of having that page saying "enter site" i suggest make the home page the same page as if they allready clicked enter this site.

btw a site like this needs a lot more pages, because if i read one poem that's on there and come back in a few days and see that same poem is still there and no more new ones then i'd probably never come back
  • xaphalanx
  • xaphalanx

Post 3+ Months Ago

mystic wrote:
The site design is very nice except i don't like sites where when you type in the url you have to click something like " enter this site " to enter. Personally i hate sites like that especially if they have a flash on the first page it makes me click away. I'm sure many other people might click away.

In our case it seems approprate. We have a single flash presentation we want people to watch. We could just load up the Flash presentation or we could give an option. We give an option. Many sites do this including H*R.

Yes if we had more content we would ditch the splash page. But... We don't so we have a splash page.

Thanks for the feedback
  • xaphalanx
  • xaphalanx

Post 3+ Months Ago

Conth wrote:
I am quite sure it was MSIE 5.50 (I'm not at the same PC now)

I am at home now with MSIE 6.0 and I dont get the same effect now (or have you changed something..?)

Thanks for posting your OS and browser!
  • Wheelwright
  • Wheelwright
  • Loc: Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

I am getting "Page expired" message when I click on browser's "Back" button from "Contact Us" page. This probably happens because somebody coded the pages to refresh only from the server which is unnecessary for this static website. Also "Contact" button should be aligned with "Comment" textarea. Another small issue: when you click on "Presentation" link you get directed to first page with "View Presentation" Shouldn't it take you straight there the first time?

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 9 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers