SITE REVIEW: sunrisestudioschania.com

• GiorgosK
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: geoland.org > Greece

Post 3+ Months Ago

Sunrise Studios Chania is an accommodation in Chania Greece,

I paid extra care to make this site extra applealing to the eye of the visitor, and paid almost no care in making it compliant with css/html validation rules.

So please comment for it as if you where a visitor looking for accommodation and not as a programmer/developer.

Choice of colors are made based on the name (sunrise) you can comment on that if you wish.

Thanks in advance
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius
  • Loc: South-Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

It's really hard for me to look at a site this way, but I'll try my best ... The colour of the rollovers in the main nav are a bit overwhelming ... I think it's too red ...

on the "services" page the gaps between the text parts feel too fr apart from each other, I think smaller pictures would fix that ...

On the "reservations" page please show somewhere which fields are compulsory ...

On the Travel Info page you've got some links there (Transavia, Novair, Finair) and then right underneath that there are some links (http://www.skyscanner.net/eur/flights/), but the bottom ones are just static text ... howcome they're not links aswell ...
  • CXLink
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: ATL-GA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I agree with RT on the navigation rollovers. Have you thought about putting a nav bar under the Main picture instead of puttin the nav actually on top of the pic?
  • etrader
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

It's a clear design

but the visitors cannot recognize the menu immediately

you need to do something on it
  • GiorgosK
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: geoland.org > Greece

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks all for you comments

@RT You are right about the links in the travel info, I was not sure if I wanted to link those places, they were not airline companies just simple search engines, took them off after all.

About the nav bar, the idea was to blend it with the picture, I never thought that it might be difficult to recognize that its actually a way to navigate the site.

@RT I guess the red color on the nav links could be a little harsh on some monitors but its not pure red #ff0000 but #dd0000, what color would you suggest ?
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius
  • Loc: South-Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

I played around with your stylesheet a bit, to me a white colour like #eeeeee looks quite nice for the a:hover and maybe a #ffffff for the active link (h1.current a) ... please note that this is my opinion ...

edit:here is a list of colours for you, it's a good reference for me ...

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 6 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers