SITE REVIEW:

• jlknauff
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi everyone, I just wanted to get some feedback on this site, it has been sort of an evolution over the last three months or so. I have taken it from flash and converted it to HTML, gone through 3 layout changes and made so many tweaks for SEO. Any input on it is appreciated. Thx.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• head stash
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: hiding under my desk

Post 3+ Months Ago

you did a good job on that man....

very professional looking, fast...thats what matterst to me the most
  • sazn
  • Student
  • Student

Post 3+ Months Ago

Your site loaded fast on my 56k which was good. Somthing that could be improved would be the banner. Although it is quick loading and nice and simple it is slightly boring but if you like its fine. One fault i found was that the flash animation over lapped with the main banner (in mozzila firefox) i don't know if you meant for this to happen. Overall i nice site 7/10.
  • mr_darek
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

A great "corporate feel" to it. Very professionally executed, well done.

:)
  • howyoudoit.com
  • howyoudoit.com
  • Loc: Tacoma, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well, again, while I could never create a site that cool, as a user, I have to say I felt a trapped by clutter. Creating more defined borders might help clean up the lay out a little bit. For example, it has been about 10 years since I have right-justified anything, but it might help your main text out a little bit. The placement of the roatating images, as well, look like a programming error rather than design...my humble opinion is leave the top banner unbroken.
  • isthistakenyet?
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Burnley U.K.

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think you should link the banner at the top of the page to the home page, i know there is a link just below it but some people are too lazy to look for it and they would rather just click the main banner, but otherwise, not bad.
  • Tudor.b
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Tudor.b

Post 3+ Months Ago

The site looks great, but I personally think you should change the MSN icon in the upper right (icon for VSS forum)
  • SharkShark
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Living In Today

Post 3+ Months Ago

Very proffesionally laid out. I personally didnt like the way that the rotating image cut over the banner. It didnt look as clean and fluid anymore. The site is very clean. very fast load. You may want to change the messenger icon for the forum since im not so sure u can use it but other than that great job!
  • jlknauff
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for your input everyone ;)
  • zudo
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • zudo

Post 3+ Months Ago

On first look:
It reminds me of stores like bed bath and beyond, although the layout is good, I think a color change would be in order. The blue makes me think of boring/calm. Although that wouldn't be bad considering it's for beds. Anywho nothing really pops out to me. I think you should find out what you want them to think about first, and make certain things stand out based on that.
  • jlknauff
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks to everyone who posted comments so far.

On the color scheme/astetics-it was developed with a relaxing theme in mind. You don't want to be all revved up thinking about a bed (well, yes you do, but not when you are thinking about the sleeping aspect :lol: )

I've been making some changes mainly to the code, but also some minor tweaks to the design. I've built the new index with CSS (I am still learning it :shock: ) Anyway, I'm looking for input on the new design but mostly I want input on the code-that is NOT my strong side.

A few of you in particular-rtm, carnix, unflux...tear apart the code. Keep in mind, it's just the index.htm that has been changed at this point.

http://www.vsssleep.com

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 11 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers