SITE REVIEW: Tags Web 2.0

• BunnyFace
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • BunnyFace

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello,
http://www.tagsweb20.com/ is a web directory based on tags.
I wanted to do some tag based website, more like a directory that do not use categories. User is lazy and he will prefer to search than browse.
The idea of the site is simple, I didn't spent a lot building it, but I am manually review and thumbnail every site submitted. Only good sites are accepted.

Any hints that would be really helpful for the user ?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• kc0tma
  • o|||||||o
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Trout Creek, MT

Post 3+ Months Ago

This is a kind of a good idea for a website, it is kind of an evolution of digg or del.icio.us. I have said it quite a few times, I absolutely hate scrolling way far down a web page just to see it's entire content. So for the recent website tags, instead of having lots of them only 5 or 6 might work better. If you still want to include more, make the image of the website logo smaller so you can fit two or three side by side. But that might get cluttered if you have too much of that though.
  • zhaira
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • zhaira

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have submitted our site. Your site is quite good for me and i like the colour scheme. And it is a good idea to have a kind of this website that more focus on tags. Is it similar to cloud tags I guess.
  • BunnyFace
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • BunnyFace

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yes, kc0tma, on the left side there are a lot of tags now. In the near future I am thinking of making them like a tag cloud, or reduce the font size.

zhaira, your website is good and I added it. But I edited your tags, for now just single word tags are accepted.
  • kc0tma
  • o|||||||o
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Trout Creek, MT

Post 3+ Months Ago

Actually I was talking more about the ones going down the middle of the page, where it has the image that links to the websites. The bit over to the left is alright, there really isn't much you can do with that, not many ways to present them.
  • Design_Chris
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Ohio

Post 3+ Months Ago

It's a good idea for a site, but I don't think it will catch on.
It's kinda like digg in a way though.

Keep up the good work :)
  • BunnyFace
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • BunnyFace

Post 3+ Months Ago

Design_Cris, I really hope it will catch on :) I will add more features if it will.

Any comunity of webmasters where I can promote (payed) this site ?
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
I am manually review and thumbnail every site submitted.

That's going to hurt sooner or later, it might be worth considering a requirement that submitters give you their own thumbnail (sticking to guidelines of course) and offer to make one for them in exchange for a small fee, down the road.

I like this concept better than directories, you either have what I'm looking for, or you don't.
There's no wasting anyones' time browsing endless folders that might have somthing to do with what I'm looking for.
  • BunnyFace
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • BunnyFace

Post 3+ Months Ago

Your suggestion is good joebert. I will try to implement in the future something for the user to add his thumbnail but not obligated. I will put a thumbnail if he doesn't. I made a photoshop action that I can make the screenshot, position/resize and save in about 10 seconds.
  • wallarookiller
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

When you go to add sites tags in firefox where you add your site theres an overlap in the field http and notify me when more features are added .
  • BunnyFace
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • BunnyFace

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks Wallarootkiller, I fixed the CSS bug. I think on all my sites, the hardest thing to do is to make formulairs compatible in FireFox and IE6,IE7 (specialy liquid width).

I also modified now the script to accept tags with more then 1 word, because most of the submiters are doing that.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 11 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers