SITE REVIEW: Team Backyard of Guam

• teambackyard
  • Loc: GUAM

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey, site critics and reviewers of the cyberworld and paintball. I started this site a couple of weeks ago to expose my team. I want to know if the exposure, with design, layout, info, consistency, is all in the right track. I am running the basics now. I will be exposing more of the team and Guam paintball later in the future. Let me know how i am doing so far. Here is the site, enjoy. Thanks ahead of time.

http://www.guam.net/home/teambackyard/

Phoenix[/b]
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• 613flavah
  • battlestar
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Hurricane...

Post 3+ Months Ago

Topic has been unlocked. Please resume your reviews.
  • antonyx
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • antonyx
  • Loc: London UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

i personally dont like black background with white text.. the other way around is a lot easier to read..

your font is a little hard to read..

its not reccomended to use images as your content text.. but i mean if this is just a personal page then i guess its alrite..

even using frontpage u can layout sites quite effectively.. i see you have used tables.. again.. using css to lay your page out is reccomended.. but i think that you should make your table structure more defined..

it will makes things easier to read and so on.. use set widths and heights and aligns with your tables so it looks neater..

thats my view anyway.
  • teambackyard

Post 3+ Months Ago

i appreciate the comments. i just started web design, so i need help with a couple of your comments:
- i used images for the content text, bcuz the font not everyone will have. i had someone look at the site, from another system than mine, and the font defaulted to, i think, arial or times new roman. can you help on this code

- i used tables because it helped with the alignment with the pics. i will use css, though i don't know what it is, please assist.

thanx with the comments and suggestions, though please assist with the top requests.

Phoenix
  • JcbTkht
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • JcbTkht
  • Loc: Houston,Tx

Post 3+ Months Ago

I agree with the first person on using pictures for your text, it just doesn't fit right.

White on black isn't bad.

The site is easy to navigate and I'm sure it will improve as you gain more knowledge.
  • antonyx
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • antonyx
  • Loc: London UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

if you want some help with css let me know and ill send you some stuff to get you going.
  • teambackyard

Post 3+ Months Ago

i do need some help because i do not know what it is.

can u also give a way to keep the same font, without using pics for text content. if i freely type the text, it won't keep the font i want, Viner Hand ITC. the reason i want to keep this font is because it is similar to our logo font. please assist on this also.

thanx.

phoenix
  • teambackyard

Post 3+ Months Ago

when you place the cursor on top of a pic, how do you have the pic enlarge?

anyone knows?[/list]
  • WHT.co.za
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • WHT.co.za
  • Loc: SA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Sorry i don`t like it.
Its 2 black!

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 9 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers