SITE REVIEW: Teen Community Forums

• Aby
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Aby
  • Loc: Malaysia

Post 3+ Months Ago

http://forums.teen-hut.net

This is a community I started only a month back.Please give your reviews on it and tell me it's minus and plus points.register to be able to have access to members only areas. :)
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• t3chl33t
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

I browsed your site and think it is a great idea! I also read through some of the threads and it was quite interesting. A place for teens to chat about that sort of thing could be very helpful I would guess. Unfortunately I am around 23 and probably wouldn't fit in, lol. Also I'm a guy and I don't think many guys talk about that sort of thing, although some might. As far as the website is concerned, I think I must review it right?

Well here are the pros:

1. Great content, the whole idea of the site is amazing and original to me.
2. You already seem to have a large community building up and when I was browsing the site there were 78 guests visiting!
3. It has a very clean look and loads very quickly.

Cons:

1. I could see a site like this posing a problem with pedophiles and strange older men, what safety precautions do you take to prevent a member from asking or giving away personal information?
2. The "Teen Hut" logo looks good but I feel it could be spruced up a little more than it is. Maybe a few more colors and background images.
3. Is there a rule for spamming? I noticed a few of the board messages kind of started spamming near the end with comments like "hehe, yeah cool.gif", or "you go girl! smile.gif". Maybe there should be rules against posting under a certain number of sentences.

Overall it is a great website and the cons stated above are minor problems (with exception to number one maybe). Great job!
  • t3chl33t
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

Sorry, site problems, submitted my reply 3 times... :roll:
  • t3chl33t
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

• t3chl33t
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

• UniquelyYoursPC
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Canada "A"

Post 3+ Months Ago

and all at diffrent times?
  • t3chl33t
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

cowkiller wrote:
and all at diffrent times?

Well, the page wouldn't load so I kept pushing the button :?

I wasn't impatient or anything, I gave it a few minutes and then started clicking away :D
  • Aby
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Aby

Post 3+ Months Ago

t3chl33t wrote:
I browsed your site and think it is a great idea! I also read through some of the threads and it was quite interesting. A place for teens to chat about that sort of thing could be very helpful I would guess. Unfortunately I am around 23 and probably wouldn't fit in, lol. Also I'm a guy and I don't think many guys talk about that sort of thing, although some might. As far as the website is concerned, I think I must review it right?

Well here are the pros:

1. Great content, the whole idea of the site is amazing and original to me.
2. You already seem to have a large community building up and when I was browsing the site there were 78 guests visiting!
3. It has a very clean look and loads very quickly.

Cons:

1. I could see a site like this posing a problem with pedophiles and strange older men, what safety precautions do you take to prevent a member from asking or giving away personal information?
2. The "Teen Hut" logo looks good but I feel it could be spruced up a little more than it is. Maybe a few more colors and background images.
3. Is there a rule for spamming? I noticed a few of the board messages kind of started spamming near the end with comments like "hehe, yeah cool.gif", or "you go girl! smile.gif". Maybe there should be rules against posting under a certain number of sentences.

Overall it is a great website and the cons stated above are minor problems (with exception to number one maybe). Great job!

Thank you for your review.For your con no. 1 I will take up the issue at once. And I did not understand your 'site problems' reply.Could you please clarify?
  • t3chl33t
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

Sorry for the confusion. The site problems posts I made were accidental and if I could delete them I would. I was simply trying to submit my review but ozzu was giving me trouble and wasn't submitting my review so I clicked the "Submit" button a few times and then realized that each time I pressed it, ozzu posted my review. I later went in and edited the extra reviews to say that I was having site problems. Hope that clears things up (hint hint, if a mod wishes to delete the site problem posts that would be great :D)
  • Aby
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Aby

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have requested members not to give out any persoanl information which could be misused.The moderators will remove if such information are found in the member's profiles.

And for the spamming part we do not allow in discriminate spamming but we allow simple forms of expression as this is what the site is about, discussion and expression of teenagers.
  • PremTech
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • PremTech
  • Loc: Toowoomba Queensland Australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi there

I had a quick look at the site and the first thing I noticed was the horizontal scroll bar in 800x600 screen res. then I checked in 1280x1024 and the same thing happened......mybe you could set up the page with to suit in the css..

Also I would try to keep the stylesheet external. Over 3/4 of your page code is taken up with your styles... 1488 lines out of 1834 lines in total....this is huge just to put styles in....

Try to use a diferent skin too ...this one is pretty common....

I can see you have put a lot of work into this...and well done
  • Dylan Bank
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Dylan Bank

Post 3+ Months Ago

I wish I had this when I was in highschool
  • Aby
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Aby

Post 3+ Months Ago

But this forum is not only for teens but for anyone who is young at heart. :P
  • multiplayeren
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • multiplayeren

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like the site, forum to. not to many useless groups to look big for no reason..

Your site should be well visited soon... if your a spreding your links on the net.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 14 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers