SITE REVIEW: Teen Forums

• Dumbledore
  • Dumbledore

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello everyone. Can you review this site and tell me how to improve it ?

http://www.coolteenforums.com
  • the_Maven
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • the_Maven

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey,

One of the first things I would do to this site would be to run a spell check on some of the text.

The other thing I caught was the pink bar. I don't know if you made it that color specifically to attract attention, but it doesn't fit with the color scheme. You already have a login/password thing on the blue bar below. You could add the sign up link before that.

If you want to keep the pink bar, make it the same length as the rest of the blue bars.
  • xatrixx
  • xatrixx
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

its great looks good but i think that whats the most important think is to put a new link that would be some how on top so that everyone sees it so they can see how many people have visited your wedsite
  • blink182av
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • blink182av
  • Loc: New York

Post 3+ Months Ago

Great site, but I do not like the template, and the banner. Good forum, I think I will join being a 13 year old.
  • Dumbledore
  • Dumbledore

Post 3+ Months Ago

the_Maven wrote:
Hey,

One of the first things I would do to this site would be to run a spell check on some of the text.

The other thing I caught was the pink bar. I don't know if you made it that color specifically to attract attention, but it doesn't fit with the color scheme. You already have a login/password thing on the blue bar below. You could add the sign up link before that.

If you want to keep the pink bar, make it the same length as the rest of the blue bars.

That pink bar is the Invision Power Board default login system.I think I have to read the php files to find how to remove it.
  • Absorb
  • Absorb

Post 3+ Months Ago

The template is OK.. for some video game forum or something, but you have a teen boards forum. I dont think any young teenager, especially a girl would appeal to the site and want to post on it. I don't know, but it needs to be revamped to fit a much younger audience. The Logo could also be made a bit more flashy. Best of luck.
  • wholesalechecklist
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • wholesalechecklist

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nice site. Just a note of advice...I believe the reasons these sites never got big is because of the possibility of sexual predators gettin in and causin problems...

Ok on to the review:

The top menu is pertruding the graphics, and looks bad. Also the quality of the top picture is a little off. Besides that nice colors, although I am not usually a fan of white text.

Good Luck
  • jumungo4
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

nice colours on the site make it very clear.
also a very usefull site for young people keep up the good work.
  • Mars
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Flordia

Post 3+ Months Ago

The blue is a little too bright. it hurts my eyes, but besides that it looks like a great site
  • Archaic Sage
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Archaic Sage
  • Loc: England

Post 3+ Months Ago

Good idea. Anyway, if you can, change the pink status bar. The images do look of poor quality, so see if you can increase the quality, or get new images. The blue is a little too bright with the contrast of the darker blue.

Finally, I really don't think this site would attract a lot of female attention. It's a very masculine layout (blue is a typical boys/man colour). Not that it's a bad thing. But I'm pretty sure you'd like some more female attention. So if you've got the possibility of a skinning system, enable it so the girls can chose a different coloured layout.
  • sana
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: I am back!!

Post 3+ Months Ago

The top navigation should go under the banner. The site's layout looks good and so are the forums. Nice color scheme , best of luck !
  • Dumbledore
  • Dumbledore

Post 3+ Months Ago

Archaic Sage wrote:
So if you've got the possibility of a skinning system, enable it so the girls can chose a different coloured layout.

Good advice but I have done this when the board was started much before this review. Skin chooser is available for members.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 12 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers