SITE REVIEW: Teen Money Canada

• Dave_E
  • Born
  • Born
  • Dave_E

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey guys, I'm new here - the name's Dave. I made a site called 'Teen Money Canada' a couple months ago on Blogspot. I sort of forgot about it after one or two articles, but I'm back into it now, and was wondering if you could provide some criticism on both the layout and my actual writing. Becoming followers would be greatly appreciated as well :).

Thanks a lot, and if any more info is needed I'll certainly add it.

http://teenmoneycanada.blogspot.com/
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

There's not much to review design-wise, it appears to be one of the default Blogger templates, "minimalist" or something along those lines I think.

Did you do some tweeking of the HTML ?
Some of that stuff doesn't look like the normal usage of <h#/> elements and <!-- google_ad_section_start --> comments I remember seeing when I did my blogger template.

In any event, the <h#/> elements need to be re-thought. You're putting more importance on the date of the post than the title by using <h2> for the date and <h3> for the title.

Also, you can leave everything other than the title, and the post content itself out of those <!-- google_ad_section_start --> sections. The less "noise" you have in those sections the better your targeting will be.
You appear to have one section that contains all of the posts, but you should really have multiple sections each of which contain a single post and title.

I tried a block of ads on top like you have under your "Ads" header on top there, it sucked. My most profitable ad slot when it comes to blog posts has been the top-left corner of the post itself directly under the title with the text wrapped around it. You can see the placement I'm talking about here.
It's a 200x200 square, images-only.

And, that's about all I can come up with at the moment. :)
  • CXLink
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: ATL-GA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Dave,
I noticed in your post you were working on a redesign for TNC. Let us know when the new design is up and we will let you know what we think.
Thanks
  • Matthew
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

My tips:

1) get a dot-com and point it to your blog, instead of using a *.blogspot.com address.

2) include pictures in each post

3) when you post a "be back soon" post, try to add something in there that is interesting, as right now it's the first post I read and it contains no content which is not the idea you want to feed new users.
  • raziel23x
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Canton Mi

Post 3+ Months Ago

I am in agreement with everyone else. You should get a dot com address as well as add some content to the site as it is just plain black text on a white background and nothing else there to make it interesting at all. it is way too bland
  • findme
  • Student
  • Student
  • findme

Post 3+ Months Ago

raziel23x wrote:
...as well as add some content to the site as it is just plain black text on a white background and nothing else there to make it interesting at all. it is way too bland

I also agree with this. I will not repeat these words. You can also use free theme or template.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 6 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers