SITE REVIEW: Teen Money

• mafiaboy3
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • mafiaboy3
  • Loc: Canda

Post 3+ Months Ago

hey guys

i have a site on teaching teens to make money and the value of money, i recently close down a gaming site because of loss of traffic...Tell me what u think

http://www.teen-money.blogspot.com
  • HomeBasedBusiness
  • Born
  • Born
  • HomeBasedBusiness

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like the overall design, green color, and the way everything is organized.

That Google Adsense Ad might be too wide to fit in there though. Consider using a smaller width ad up there or increase the width of your design so the adsense ad fits in there.
  • Rageweaver
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Rageweaver
  • Loc: FL

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like the idea, me being a Teen, might get some use out of it. BUT! It needs pictures or animations. Teens do not have the will to sit there for the legnth of the page only reading text. But good idea.

I like the color scheme very much. Just try for some pics or animations.

Good job.
  • Firegirl
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Albuquerque, NM USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I do have to agree with Rageweaver on the picture and graphics. It needs at least a few so the site doesn't look so boring. I would also recommend fixing the grammatical errors on the site. You are speaking to teenagers, but I do think you could get quite a few adults visiting as well and you want to look professional. I would not take advice about money from someone who can't spell.
  • mafiaboy3
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • mafiaboy3

Post 3+ Months Ago

Alright added a couple of pictures( ill try too add 1 every article) spellchekd whatever i can find , soo what u give on 10 now?

Ps: Last comments made on my site pleased me very much and i find helped out alot...continue!
  • mafiaboy3
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • mafiaboy3

Post 3+ Months Ago

uhh anybudy?
  • mafiaboy3
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • mafiaboy3

Post 3+ Months Ago

should i change from a blog to a website?what else should i include in my website?
  • chrisinbc
  • Student
  • Student
  • chrisinbc
  • Loc: Victoria, BC

Post 3+ Months Ago

mafiaboy3 wrote:
should i change from a blog to a website?what else should i include in my website?

I haven't spent a lot of time at your website, but I think you have a really good topic. After all, what teen or anyone for that matter doesn't want to make money. I also like the appearance of your site. Green is a great color for a money making site$$$$ I like the way you have placed images in with your content as well. overall, a really clean, attractive looking blog. How about placing a skyscraper Google Adsense Ad on the left sidebar below your site navigation and links? I thin you would monetize better from your site if you did this. I would keep the blog if I were you. I know that I like reading a blog for a content based site more than a website. It also allows the reader to interact with the writer of the blog. Keep up the good work!

Christopher H.

Trying To Make Money Online Blog - http://tryingtomakemoneyonline.blogspot.com/
  • paquito_ucla
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • paquito_ucla
  • Loc: Bilbao, Spain

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like the overall design and the colors. Very well organised.
I have to continue reading to tell you what I think about the "money making ideas"...
  • abrewitt
  • abrewitt

Post 3+ Months Ago

Does nobody else see that this is just a blogger template?

Nobody?

Its a nice design but it looks like alot of other blogger blogs i have visited.
  • business opportunities
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • business opportunities
  • Loc: Saskatoon, SK, Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

Is there anyway you could make the site more interactive? As much fun it is to read, if there were some interactive examples say for saving money, or passive income, it might do better.
  • mafiaboy3
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • mafiaboy3

Post 3+ Months Ago

nice idea thanks, anything else i should add to the site, any tool/program?
  • CircleOfLinks
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Sydney

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi, its a nice design but it looks like a blogger site, change to website and you could have more options to play with. Like the topic thoe. colours are nice....
  • Ashrufzz
  • Born
  • Born
  • Ashrufzz
  • Loc: Kuala Lumpur

Post 3+ Months Ago

If you got the time (which I think you have), check out how this website layout is done:

http://musicthing.blogspot.com/

The trick is to play around with the templates and understand how it is structured. To learn more, check out this website:

http://bloggeruniversity.blogspot.com/

I'm currently building a few blogspot based website/blog. Mostly derive from templates available and hand code it manually. Later...
  • mafiaboy3
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • mafiaboy3

Post 3+ Months Ago

well i don't really have any intention of changing the blogger them, freen is good cuz im talkin bout money and stuff, im also thinking of making a forum for my site.
What would you give site content on 10?
  • kocisz
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
So your a teenager, your parents might not want you to get a job because your to young or your to young to even have a job.

If you want to teach teenagers anything, I would first suggest proof-reading what you post on your website ;)

Since your target audience is the people in their teens I would suggest a design that would be a little more.. well, hipp :) Something more interesting, with more images, greater color diversity, something more alive.

As far as the issue of website vs blog goes, I would be more inclined towards a real website, but then again I don't really like blogs. If you rather have a blog, then pick a more advanced one. I guess what I'm trying to say is make a blog that looks more like a website :)

Maybe go to some stock-photo website and look for some quality images? I think that would help.

Good luck!
  • mafiaboy3
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • mafiaboy3

Post 3+ Months Ago

ye i will change from a blog to a site. Though ill try and make it look the same but with animations n way more pictures

comments are still apreciated
  • RichDad
  • RichDad

Post 3+ Months Ago

What a great idea...excellent blog!
  • tarikdw1
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • tarikdw1

Post 3+ Months Ago

its a cool idea but it seems like each page takes you to google ads!
  • mafiaboy3
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • mafiaboy3

Post 3+ Months Ago

huh? its a blog it only has 1 page, those arent my pages there google pages.

now most importantly, i want to use a free wbhost( i knoe theyre going to put ads on my site) for this site, apart from piczo tripod and freewebs wich others do u recommend?
  • mafiaboy3
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • mafiaboy3

Post 3+ Months Ago

mind u i might use freewebs ands also make a forum with it, do you think this site has potential?

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 21 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers