SITE REVIEW: Teenwrd.com

• SSH-Raj
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey everyone.
i just setup a new forum.

some things i would like some input about:
1. should i make a new skin for it is the default skin with a few tweaks good enough?
2. what advertising program should i use to bring in $ i'm using adsense but i don't know how much it can bring in per month. it would be good to see how much you are making to how many unique visitors you have.
3. should i leave guests can post on until i get enough member?

and any other c&c would be appreciated!
thanks!

link: http://www.teenwrd.com/
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• desertland
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • desertland

Post 3+ Months Ago

It's my personal opinion that a lot of sites use phpBB. If you want your site to stand out and give it its own image, a new skin for the forum is probably a good idea. (At the same time, the default skin isn't 'bad' or anything... but customizing it would allow you to better brand the site and portray your own image).

There are a number of ad revenue programs out there... adsense is a popular one ;) Some keywords have very high rates, and other ones are more average. The advantage of adsense is how the ads are targetted to page content. The targetted ads increase the likeliness of clickthroughs, since only ads that are relevent to your site are shown.
  • miner
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • miner
  • Loc: India

Post 3+ Months Ago

You must surly change the default skin and make a custom one or alter a free theme which suits your site purpose..

You can find lots of free themes at http://www.phpbbhacks.com
http://www.stylesdb.com and http://www.phpbb-design.com

As for revenue google is the best so far and dont dream you will be earning lots of $$$ just inserting it...

There are thousands of general forums out there and 80% of them die within few months of launch... so contents and your willpower is the key to success of your forum...

ya friend you need lots of patience maybe 1 or 2yr to get a reasonable amount of members, postings and revenue :D
  • Myth000
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Myth000

Post 3+ Months Ago

The layout is good, maybe you can create a community site with it, like geeklog. Then you mostly attract more people that come there because of the content. THey might consider signing up then.
  • musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: up a tree

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi SSH-Raj,

The layout looks ok to me, you have a lot of sections but not too many to be a pain to go through.

In regards to advertising - you need to change your headings a little to incorporate more teen orientated keywords, so your google advertising will be more directed to that audience.

At the moment the ads showing really have no relation to teens.

Hope that helps,
Rose
  • gregdo
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

the color schem all matchs which is good, maybe center the logo or add more color to it and put lil logos or icons by the links at the top.

uther wise ur site is quite gd
  • SSH-Raj
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

well the site has been up for two weeks and i am very pleased. it has almost 70 users and over 1300 posts. i knew those teens could post! lol
  • Sharky
  • Student
  • Student
  • Sharky
  • Loc: US

Post 3+ Months Ago

yeah as gregdo said you could center the logo i think you could mayb make it wider because of some people typing alot you dont want to make it so it looks like loads to read it may put of some readers. but appart from that it looks great. :D
  • Cobnobl
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

sort of hard on the eyes. maybe its just me but it strained my eyes to look at it for a while.
  • windy
  • windy

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like the the layout .

"3. should i leave guests can post on until i get enough member? "

Yes.
  • asmuni
  • Born
  • Born
  • asmuni

Post 3+ Months Ago

Simple and clean forum. Fast to load, too. Nice work, dude.
  • flashkicks
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • flashkicks

Post 3+ Months Ago

yeah i agree with asmuni, nice clean forum. no *plum*, and it seems to be getting popular as well with 81 registerd members, nice work. i like it
  • varunbihani
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • varunbihani
  • Loc: India

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think site is good. but there is a loooooong scroll for the postings. try to do paging for atmost 15 post per page..
It takes good time to download..

Color is also nice but pink will also look good..

try to cutomize that also..
  • zielak
  • Loc: Illinois

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nice site and good start - less than 2 months and already over 3000 posts.
But for me you should add some content to the site, not only forum. But this is my opinion only.
  • b34nz
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • b34nz

Post 3+ Months Ago

nice.
clean layout but a custom skin would be better

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 15 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers