SITE REVIEW: TemplateArchives

• mhammadd
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • mhammadd

Post 3+ Months Ago

thanks for using my layout, but may i take a glance at the one you chose? Just curious how it worked for you..
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• mhammadd
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • mhammadd

Post 3+ Months Ago

not hearing from you guys anymore... What's up? No more comments?
  • mhammadd
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • mhammadd

Post 3+ Months Ago

its been a while since i got any comments, its time i ask you guys again for your help.. Please comment..
  • mhammadd
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • mhammadd

Post 3+ Months Ago

hi,
i'm back again. We have now got a new host and we hope some improvements have been made to the loading speed, can you guys please comment on that?
  • SharkShark
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Living In Today

Post 3+ Months Ago

LOL u seem desperate for more reviews :D .

OK, I cant access websolutionarchives.com. I get a 404 error. Check into that. Your Templates Archive site looks very good. Quick load, neat content. You may want to add a rollover on your top navigation. (Home, mail, faq, etc.) Also, some of your downloads do not work. So, it seems like you are still getting it finished, but I rate it 8/10 so far :)
  • mhammadd
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • mhammadd

Post 3+ Months Ago

thanks,
Websolution is offline at this moment due to some paper work that still has to be done.

For the rollover on the topmost link... well i'll work on that soon. Now to the main point...
Could you please let me know which downloads don't work?
  • SharkShark
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Living In Today

Post 3+ Months Ago

ok, going thru the site I found:

ID-BUSINESS-09 - no download
ID-BUSINESS-10 - no download
ID-BUSINESS-11 - no download

Those are the only ones i found. The download button is not clickable.
  • mhammadd
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • mhammadd

Post 3+ Months Ago

thanks a lot, i have solved them and i'm still hoping that you guys will keep on helping me out with your comments.. and on solving problems i can't quickly spot
  • webinv
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • webinv

Post 3+ Months Ago

Greetings,

This review is for: TemplatesArchive

Very nice simple design. As long as you keep the ads to a minimum it will be a great site in a year. Navigation is very simple and easy to follow. I'm not a fan of the colors, but they are fairly easy on the eyes.

Overall good job.
  • Sumen
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Rochester or Albany, NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

The Template one is nice.
Easy to navigate, easy on the eyes, easy on the modem.
The solutions one ... well... im not sure how to even describe it.
maybe.... HORRIFIC!
Even my browser agrees.
It hates it so much The page cannot be displayed!
  • clauddiu
  • Born
  • Born
  • clauddiu

Post 3+ Months Ago

Goog Job man, i like your sites!
  • mhammadd
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • mhammadd

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello guys, sorry for the late reply.. I'm happy about the comments and i will do my best to add as much stuffs as i can, cause i have just finished school and now have a lot of free hours...

About solution, well i have suspended it for a while and i am planning to sell the domain name and the contents with it.. its now offline anyway.
  • tbase
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think http://www.templatearchives.com could use a logo or banner at the top,its awfull bare.Also the other site was 404 when I tried to view :shock:
  • mhammadd
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • mhammadd

Post 3+ Months Ago

hi guys,
i thought no one was visiting this thread anymore and almost forgot about it, but it seems that there are still people out there that are interested in my thread and i'm still getting redirects from here.
Thanks for the support...

i am also working on some improvement that you guys suggested
  • TechnoSpeeder
  • Born
  • Born
  • TechnoSpeeder

Post 3+ Months Ago

does not work on my browser.
  • mhammadd
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • mhammadd

Post 3+ Months Ago

what browser are you using?
  • mhammadd
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • mhammadd

Post 3+ Months Ago

its been a while now who would like to give more comments on this site? Please just bring it on.. before we make our next layout...

http://www.asimpletemplate.com
  • Antigen
  • Antigen

Post 3+ Months Ago

the dude on the page is really roughly cut out.. i think you need to redo him couse his dragging down the rest of the site..

the logo needs improvement.. a logo should be unique that logo is just text in different colors.. i had to look at the site three times to remember the logo..

the layout as a whole is to spaced out.. with that little content i think you would be better off doing a layout for 800*600 instead of 1024*768

keep up the good work..
  • mhammadd
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • mhammadd

Post 3+ Months Ago

thanks for the comment and i've tried to come up with another idea.. so please comment on it again...
  • mhammadd
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • mhammadd

Post 3+ Months Ago

its been a great year for us at TemplateArchives and that we owe to our faithful visitors and also to you guys that give us your opinions.
We hope to keep on receiving your ideas and opinions.
  • mgonzo
  • mgonzo

Post 3+ Months Ago

• bleepnik
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: South Jersey, US

Post 3+ Months Ago

Overall you've got a wonderful colour scheme. The only thing I'm not ecstatic about is the orange rollover highlight.

If you're targeting an English-speaking audience, I would humbly suggest that you proofread your verbiage.

I wonder if you might give your templates "friendly" names in addition to their internal names? ID-Classic-05 reads like an internal identifier, but "Cool Breeze" (or something, just making that up) might help me remember that calming look and blue-green colour better.

Also, I notice that when I click on a template link in the "What's New" section, I am taken to the section, rather than to the template. If I wanted to see the section, I would've clicked on the section; I clicked on the template, so I would like to see the template. :)

I found the Google AdSense thing directly beneath "What's New" to be distracting. It wasn't immediately clear that the "What's New" indicator had anything to do with the content beneath it. If positioning the Google thing beneath the new content is feasible, I would recommend it.

As the owner of the site, I guess I understand why you've got it the way you do, but as a visitor to the site, I would suggest some sort of visual identifier for the Google ads. The way you've currently got them situated on the page, it's very easy to think that they are a part of your site. On one hand, people accidentally clicking on the ads is good for you, so maybe that's intentional; on the other hand, clicking on them takes people away from your site, possibly never to return, so maybe you don't want that. Something to consider, at any rate.

Hth, and keep up the wonderful work. With so many paid template sites around, yours, with its standards-compliant, free, aesthetically-pleasing templates, is definitely one that I'll be revisiting. Thanks for providing this resource to the community. :)
  • Funny_Fuzz
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Everything is great on your website. Just that I'm not too keen on some of the designs you've created. Apart from that, everything else is great!
  • mhammadd
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • mhammadd

Post 3+ Months Ago

its always great to hear your comments.
(JustG) has some very good points there and i have been working on some of them.
Thanks man. Keen sight and very good advice.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 54 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers