SITE REVIEW: The Article Group

• cutiger95
  • cutiger95

Post 3+ Months Ago

Just give me a quick review and let me know what to change. I am really tired of not landing sales even though I am getting search engine traffic.

The Article Group

Thanks
  • spork
  • Brewmaster
  • Silver Member
  • Loc: Seattle, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

23 W3C validation errors: http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.thearticlegroup.com%2F

Your homepage seems a little bland. Lots of text, very few graphics/non-basic design. While I believe in simplicity, if your homepage doesn't attract viewers, they aren't likely to stay and look around.

I'd consider going beyond using text wrapped in boxes for everything. For example, your main menu is just plain text; perhaps some graphical menu items instead?
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius
  • Loc: South-Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

The W3C Validator found 23 errors in your coding on the "home" page, you can click here to see them in action ...

You also have one error in your embedded style at "table tr td" you spelt veranda incorrectly ... also replace the <style> with a <style type="text/css"> ...

Maybe people aren't coming back because the site looks a little boring, in my opinion it does ... the header is too grey ... maybe you can put a stock image in there or something ...

On the "home" page the header is bigger than on the others, and also the font size of the menu ... please make it the same throughout ...

Then please won't you disable the link of the page that a user is on, for example if a user is on the "Feature writing" page, please disable the "feature writing" link and make it another colour (or rollover state), this ensures that the user knows which page he\she is on, and doesn't redirect to the page he\she is on ...

Then on the home page I think it needs some description before all those blocks ("article writing", "copywrite creation" etc) ... so that the user know exactly what the site is about ...

Then isn't it spelt "copyright" instead of "copywrite" ... ?

Your contact form does nothing ... I clicked on the "submit" a few time and ... nothing ... please make sure that when it is working, that it checks for empty fields etc ...

You must make a way to get back from "forum postings" to your site ... I didn't see a direct link there ...

You have the same form on all of the pages except the "home" page don't you think you should have one page where they can fill in the form and just choose with a radio button what it is for and then just have the relevant information on each page without the form ...

It's a little bit hard to read the footer of your page aswell (copyright) ..
  • cutiger95
  • cutiger95

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks guys, I will correct these issues tonight.
  • murcielagossi
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like the borders of the paragraphs but like the others said there are no images or vibrant colors. Just add some images, color and fix those errors and the site will look good.
  • nood
  • nood

Post 3+ Months Ago

On first glance, the only important change I would make is
change
Code: [ Select ]
<p class="style2">Copywriting</p>
to
<h1>Copywriting</h1>
and add
h1 {
color: #efb1cc;
font-size:14px;
}
  1. h1 {
  2. color: #efb1cc;
  3. font-size:14px;
  4. }

Also, you should drop font-family: Verdana; from all your styles and make it default
* {
font-family: Verdana;
}
  1. * {
  2. font-family: Verdana;
  3. }

There's quite a lot I would change to make it smaller in page size, but it's not important. Dreamweaver is just a bit messy.
  • bringmepie
  • bringmepie

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like the concept of your website. I never thought of selling forum posts. The reason your site isn't getting terrific traffic is probably more to do with the niche market for your content than the layout. I like how it looks now.
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius
  • Loc: South-Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

Another thing I saw just now i that there is a very big white space below the footer of the page and also between the footer and the content on some of the pages ...
  • volectricity
  • Student
  • Student
  • volectricity

Post 3+ Months Ago

One word: Tables.

Ewww.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 9 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers