SITE REVIEW: The Bells

• bellfrenzy
  • bellfrenzy
  • Loc: New Jersey

Post 3+ Months Ago

The Bells

This is a site that my brother and I made to showcase some of the artwork we have done. This is our second time making a site in flash, so we're really interested to see your responses. The site features our flash animations as well as links to the websites we have created. Feel free to take a look around the site and tell us how to make it better. Thanks.

- Johnny Bell, Dan Bell
  • iBold
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • iBold

Post 3+ Months Ago

All though I'm not usually a fan of websites that don't like to expand to 100% of my browser, I must say the effect on this webpage is VERY nice.
I'm sure this site would be hell on a 56k, but luckily I don't have that problem. The animations page was great, I really like the way you decided to layout the individual pieces of work with the negitives. It looks great..

The webpage section didn't quite impress me as much as the animations page..all though it looks nice it just doesn't have that same uniqueness that made the animations page so great.

And as for the 'contact' link, I never was a huge fan of just the 'mailto' bit, it doesn't look spectacular nor very professional. A simple form would take care of this, and I'm sure with some nice graphics and a decent style sheet, you could make it blend in nicely with the rest of the site.

Other then that, great job :)
  • mustardplaster
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • mustardplaster
  • Loc: Sydney

Post 3+ Months Ago

The site took to long to load. I am only on 56k but so are many others and they will just go away. You may want to have the option for the user to pick between narrow and broadband on the splash page or something like that?

I like the design of the design of the site and colors used. You might wan to add the contact option to most pages as it as far as I can see is only on the homepage. That is not a huge thing but if someone likes what they see and wants to contact you they have to make there way back to the homepage.

Just a small thing when you click on the websites link and the next page is loaded it is hard to see that you have to click on the diagonal link. It wasn't hard to figure it out, but I can just imagine people saying what the F$%^ there is nothing here....

All in all a good info site to showcase work. It looks and feels diff which is great and I think people will appreciate that in itself. Good luck.
  • jonsimons
  • jonsimons

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi there,

I am very impressed by your website!!!!

From experience those type of websites are normally very slow - your seems to be pretty quick!

I think you could improve the navigation slightly?
  • bellfrenzy
  • bellfrenzy
  • Loc: New Jersey

Post 3+ Months Ago

Alright, we've looked through all the suggestions we've received about the site and here's what we've done:

- Removed the "home" button off the pages

- Made a bottom navigation bar

- Added clickable e-mail links for "john" and "daniel" at the bottom left

- Adjusted meta-tags

- Added "about us:" to clear up some navigation confussion related to the left bar

- Adjusted color schemes of "websites" page

- Made "quickstepjohn.com" link clickable on the left column

- Made individual titles for pages and pop-up animations

Thanks again for all your input.

The Bells

- Johnny Bell, Dan Bell
  • guitarded
  • guitarded

Post 3+ Months Ago

all my suggestions have already been suggested heh

also, imo, i think u need more color, maybe have the sky show a hint of blue instead of being just b&w

and when u scroll over ur work on those slides, like in the animations section, they turn a darker shade of blue...it would be better if they turned into a full color version of the same picture

again, not that big of a suggestion, but color always helps
  • b_heyer
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Maryland

Post 3+ Months Ago

*sighs*

I just wanted to say your site helped me procrastinate...and that is a good thng, because it held my interest. Anyways, instead of doing AP, or enlglish like I should have been, I checked out the "Blue Skies" animation. And I wanted to let you know I thuroughly enjoyed it. Very much so I plan to check out the rest, but I must say one thing. How hard would it be to include the animations instead of having them popup? I am not expert at flash so I don't know if you can just include the scenes or what have you. Anyways, very very very good job, and my hopes of more enlightening animations will pull me through my AP homework ;).

Best of luck with the page and future endeavors. I wanna see your name somewhere and go "Ah...I reviewed their site, and sat in awe at their animations..."

*end sigh*
  • butlerboy99
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

This is an awesome site! Not only is the site itself cool, but the media in it is really nice. The only real things I can tell you is 1: put loading times for those with slower connections 2: on your animations page, do something else with the unreleased ones, like labeling "coming soon" on the button, rather than on the popup window, and 3: keep up the good work

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 8 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers