SITE REVIEW: The Chakravarty Cup

• RUMcajZ
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: London, UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi,

this is my first commercial web site I've made. After so much of criticism for other websites I'm waiting how you all blame me :)
I want to make small rollovers in welcome page over the menu buttons, they will be more visible, but dont have time now for it...
page was made in 4 days
There was a white color for borders around page but client wanted to change it to this pink..

http://www.chakravartycup.com
  • desertland
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • desertland

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think the white colour would look much better (but if the client wants pink...)

The page looks nice and professional. The colour scheme works well, and so do the images. It's one of the better pages I've seen on the ozzu forums. Great job!
  • tomkuegler
  • tomkuegler

Post 3+ Months Ago

That is pretty nice for a first professional site.

I am not sure I love the fuzziness to the image on the hime page, but that is a personal preference thing.
  • farmer_Tom
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • farmer_Tom
  • Loc: Oaklahoma

Post 3+ Months Ago

This site has the look and feel of a great professional site. I personally would extend the burgandy out over the pink but the designer does have to observe the client's plan...I think it would be good if the top picture bar linked to different pages in the site since those photos appear throughout the site. The only area to be cautious would be leaving e-mail addresses as links on the contact page...that could bring spambots. Overall, this is great work!
  • RUMcajZ
  • Student
  • Student

Post 3+ Months Ago

• daremedy
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • daremedy

Post 3+ Months Ago

The colors definitely give off a professional feel. But one of the first things I noticed were the choppy curved lines at the top and bottom. It looks really jagged and could do with a lot of smoothing. Even the curve at the bottom looks a bit slanted. Maybe its just me, but when I read the contact info you have at the bottom, it seems like its tilted slightly to the left, almost like an optical illusion. Something just not right about it.

Also, in your Chakravarty Cup logo, you dont need to capitalize the 'p' in cup. I know it makes the text look complete, but gramatically and professionally speaking, its just a bad move. In keeping with gramatics, your last sentence also didnt make sense, "...... and a successful liaison between the Sports and International Business.". What or who is "the Sports"?

Beyond the index page, everything looks good. I noticed that you use a lot of text images, you should try and actually write out a lot of that information. For example, the contact image you have in your footer (Market, Media Partners...), make that actual text. It will help your search engine and user friendliness. But definitely work on the graphics, smoothen them out and it should give you a stronger presence.
  • RUMcajZ
  • Student
  • Student

Post 3+ Months Ago

daremedy wrote:
The colors definitely give off a professional feel. But one of the first things I noticed were the choppy curved lines at the top and bottom. It looks really jagged and could do with a lot of smoothing. Even the curve at the bottom looks a bit slanted. Maybe its just me, but when I read the contact info you have at the bottom, it seems like its tilted slightly to the left, almost like an optical illusion. Something just not right about it.

this is what i hate about this, i dont know if this is a real reason but u know, when u designing something on your monitor, it looks sometimes a lot of different on other...ill try to review this page on other monitors. anyway, thank you for a tip

daremedy wrote:
Also, in your Chakravarty Cup logo, you dont need to capitalize the 'p' in cup. I know it makes the text look complete, but gramatically and professionally speaking, its just a bad move. In keeping with gramatics, your last sentence also didnt make sense, "...... and a successful liaison between the Sports and International Business.". What or who is "the Sports"?

i cant change anything about this, logo has been designed before web page and all these things (like all text) are unchangeable by me :(
The Sports - i think it should be 'THe Sport'...Ill ask them

daremedy wrote:
Beyond the index page, everything looks good. I noticed that you use a lot of text images, you should try and actually write out a lot of that information. For example, the contact image you have in your footer (Market, Media Partners...), make that actual text.

Yes, my mistake :roll: I think I was just 'lazy' to fight with tables at that time (time presure from a client) to make them look like I wanted...it's need a repair :wink:

Thanks again for review
more sites coming soon...

RUM
  • Exino
  • Exino

Post 3+ Months Ago

The only thing I can really find slightly bothering is the menu location and setup. It seems rather out of place. Maybe place it to the left, or clean it up a bit, and make it more detailed. Right now it looks like it was just stuck in there without to much regard. However, it doesn't look bad, maybe it's just me (probably is).

Also maybe align all the links to one side, instead of them being progressively centered as they go down, and towards the right.

Overall the colours are nice and there is nothing strikening bad about this site. It's designed well and is eye catching to the majority of the users out there just 'browsing sites'. Good work, and good luck in the future with your developments.
  • Ishii
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Ishii
  • Loc: Gilbert, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

Is there something supposed to be on the left side of the screen? All I see on firefox is a slightly deeper red box of color.
  • Ishii
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Ishii
  • Loc: Gilbert, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ok checked in IE and I see what's going on. You should put the menu on the left side on all pages. Either that or change the styling on the index page so that the menu there looks natural- sort of like an entrance page before you actually get to the site. Also, the background red of the index page menu doesn't quite match the background color of the rest of the page. I think it would look better if they did match exactly.
  • RUMcajZ
  • Student
  • Student

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ishii wrote:
Also, the background red of the index page menu doesn't quite match the background color of the rest of the page. I think it would look better if they did match exactly.

thanks for review
maybe it looks a little bit different on your screen...but anyway, it is hard to make it exact color because there is a picture behind that background of menu button so it will always affect the color...thanks anyway

Ill put together all your (all of you :) ) comments and when Ill have some time I am sure Ill do something with it.

RUM
  • Aby
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Aby
  • Loc: Malaysia

Post 3+ Months Ago

My personal opinion is the site has got a very simple interface but a good look.You could try putting the links on tops so that users do not get confused.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 12 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers